COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
One Character, Multiple Servers

So, Would you be able to create a character and use that soul/spark of life/character on multiple servers?

Can you also switch servers on your account at will?

I'm just here I guess

(Alias change possible in the future)

-Z_O

12/3/2018 6:47:10 PM #1

No, souls are locked to a server. Transfer is not possible. As souls are unique to the world they inhabit. As it ties in to the soulmate system and many other systems.

as a note Soul = Character slot on a specific server Spark of Life = Subscription to play on that soul.

however you can have souls\characters on multiple servers.

You could have

Soul A on NA-E and Soul B on NA-W

but you can't transfer Soul A from NA-E to NA-W

12/3/2018 6:47:14 PM #2

No and yes.

You can play on several servers, but characters are bound to one realm.

Friend Code: 30EF47

12/3/2018 7:14:57 PM #3

Unfortunately, no.

BlankWindow was mostly correct. Your 'soul' is like your character sheet, except that it records your deeds and actions across multiple lifetimes. It is not strictly speaking a character slot, however he is correct that you cannot have more characters simultaneously than you have souls.

Because souls tie into the destiny system, the story system, achievements, soul mates, and other mechanics, it is not possible for a soul to transfer between worlds.

The game comes with a pack of three souls. You will pick which server you want the pack to come from when you open the pack. After that, you can purchase server-specific soul packs that come with multiple souls to choose from and allow you to play on the server the pack belongs to.

Sincerely,
Caspian

12/3/2018 8:00:29 PM #4

How many souls can one account have? How many can be active at once?

12/3/2018 8:13:21 PM #5

If I recall correctly there will be a limit of 3 to 5 active souls per server but I don't believe a firm decision has been made yet.

12/3/2018 8:41:33 PM #6

The decision on how many souls may be up in the air, but you could have all of your souls active at the same time.

You would just have to buy a spark of life for each of them, and they would still only get a 52 week lifespan each regardless of how many you have active.

12/4/2018 3:46:51 AM #7

Posted By FlynnPontis at 03:00 AM - Tue Dec 04 2018

How many souls can one account have? How many can be active at once?

I would also love to hear an answer for this, I intend to have at least 2 characters maybe more in early stages, 1 will be town based and will build skills towards someone who never leaves town, the other will be more built to suit my mood at the time or game demands, travelling to buy or sell items, exploring or even fighting on behalf of the realm.

I am undecided on if I want 2 souls on the same account or 2 accounts by how that decision will affect gameplay from a storyline soulmate perspective.

I am a player who tends to play alts in most games and am also retired so I am time rich and able to develop multiple characters.

I also understand concerns over multi boxing but SBS hopefully aren't nieve enough to think that it won't happen.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

12/4/2018 5:53:39 AM #8

@SilkyBazaar

Yeah, I intend to have multiple combat alts myself. Traveling distances will impact people's ability to engage in PVP. Therefore, I would like to be able to station a couple alts around my kingdom.

12/5/2018 11:51:44 PM #9

I will probably have all of mine active but all the alts will auto train their combat skills then do guard duty until they die of old age.

Like a real quasi-immortal peasant militia.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

12/5/2018 11:54:28 PM #10

I have two counties, so theoretically I should have 6 souls. I always assumed that.

12/6/2018 12:22:55 AM #11

Sounds like we have to buy 'soul packs' to me. I imagine the first few souls are free however.

Friend Code: 92BF2D