Grex Sonum - Community of Sounds
Greetings, bards from near and far, be invited to sit by our fire and share food and drink with us. Gone are the days where we are left on our own while wandering through the land not knowing what the next day brings. Grex Sonum was founded in Kernothia so we can help and protect each other. May it be an empty order book, lack of ideas, being hindered while doing our work or a not paying customer, in all those cases Grex Sonum can help to solve the problem. We also offer training in all areas of the bardic ways and possibilities to become part of something even bigger while working together with other bards. Alone we are strong with quill and word, but together we are unbeatable with book and story!
Greetings, lovers of music, dance and stories from near and far! With us you will find everything you need, be it musicians for your next festivity, storytellers or someone who writes down your own epic tale. All that and much more you will find in our halls. Come in, be charmed and guided into a world you couldn’t imagine in your wildest dreams. The world of sounds.
For our guild members:
There are a lot of advantages for bards to be a member of Grex Sonum:
- Bardic Immunity: Whenever you are treated unfairly or hindered by any group or organisation while carrying out any bardic activity, Grex Sonum will withdraw any support from that group or organization and call for boycott of it. Besides, be assured that they will not be mentioned positively in our records and songs. IMPORTANT: This only applies while you are working as a bard, not for other activities. (This will be discussed to be applied as generell as possible)
- Education: In a partnership with our local university, the Opus Alchemica, we offer a wide range of trainings to improve yourself as a bard. Of course this includes the training of apprentices.
- Commissioning: We offer a central place for people to commission tasks. Instead of asking for jobs while running around town, you can come to us and easily see who is for example organizing a party or needs bards for another reason.
- Being creative together: We organize joined performances with multiple bards to get bigger performances and self-created entertainment evenings.
We’re not aristocrats so we don’t need much bureaucratic structures. There is one guildmaster, who is responsible for the fortune of the guild. He nominates masterbards, who are responsible for specific areas and can appoint helpers for specific tasks in those areas. The guildmaster and the masterbards form the council that decides the actions the guild takes. Normally each masterbard has one vote and the guildmaster has 2,5 votes. Only the masterbard whose area is affected has 2 votes. This way it is secured that the specialists and the general opinion are both heavily weighted, but can be overruled if all other masterbards agree with each other. The current areas of masterbards are:
- Jobs: Is responsible to manage all tasks that are given to the guild and their distribution to the guildmembers. He steps in if a bard and client disagree. *Diplomatics: Is responsible for relationships to other organizations, especially other bard guilds. Apart from the guildmaster he is the face of the guild; the one that can be seen at festivities and other events the guild was invited to.
- Education: Is responsible for the training of bards in coordination with the Opus Alchemica
- Member: Organizes the applications of new members and their management. He is also the main contact in case of complaints by members.
- Treasures: Is responsible for the finances of the guild.
- Events: Coordinates all events of the guild apart from those held for training. These are concerts, reading sessions or bardic markets. In case a masterbard’s position is empty, the guildmaster assumes his responsibilities, but not his vote in the council. Apart from this there is a ranking for all bards which is a mix of internal assessment of the bard’s skills and the satisfaction of his clients. This ranking is only used to distribute jobs. It assures that a client can expect a certain level of skill. In addition the masterbard of tasks can lower the ranking of a bard who had no jobs for a specific time. Apart from that all bards have the same rights and responsibilities. For example even the guildmaster has to do jobs from time to time to keep his ranking (this does not affect him being the guildmaster but his ranking for taking jobs.)
Of course, nothing is for free. But since we don’t know much about the structures of the game, we can’t say anything too specific here. The guild will mostly finance itself from jobs and training. At the same time we try to find as many sponsors as possible to reduce our costs.
What we search:
- Reliable masterbards
- Bards of all specializations
Contact: You can leave us a message here, send me a private message or visit us in Kernothia’s Discord: