COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Send Coins to Bombastus

(continued from this thread)
"You have gathered the support I requested when you came to me with your plan. There are more groups and powers represented here then I expected. You even reached out to the poorest of our citizens, whose gifts are even more valued for their proportionality. Your order will turn the chaos of the adventurers' mad scramble into an orderly quest to retrieve a relic of mystical significance. You have my blessing to rise and go forth as the first Grandmaster of the Order of Unwavering Light." The newly anointed Grandmaster stood, bowed to the King, and turned to begin the hard work of the Quest for the Holy Stone.

The King turned to the mustachioed figure to his left. "I trust you to handle the financials for this new order while they come of age. One day they will be expected to keep their own house in order but in the present we will help them along in this holy quest." The King smiled, proud of what his citizens had set in motion regardless of the outcome history would be made in the near future.

The Familiar bowed respectfully, "With typical humble mein and utmost reverence, We solemnly accept our trivial, yet portentous role in this glorious Holy Quest, most Radiant Leige." The King waved his dismissal, and the Familiar withdrew silently.

The Familiar strolled through the palace, deep in thought. How to fund such an endeavor? Alesia was not prepared for both the Long Night and supply an organized force to retrieve the fabled Stone. Many communities had been close to famine in recent years, and the stores normally prepared in advance were strained. Even Vitalis and Zylphania, both typically in possession of uncommon wealth, were facing hard times in the recent decade. The ambition of the King and his Grandmaster risk outreaching the means of the nation, he thought. He chided himself--it was not his place to question the decree. He had a task to complete, and he would see it done.

One of the Waerd attending the Familiar intercepted a Kypiq messenger dashing into the hall. "A message, for Lord Bombahzet!" the diminutive woman sputtered, looking eager to get beyond the attendant, "For his hands alone."

The Familiar gave a flick of his fingers, signalling the attendant to stand aside. She did so, retreating once more to the periphery of the hall. The Familiar accepted the sealed case from the scout, who attempted to remain standing in a formal posture despite being short of breath.

He read the enclosed missive. Spies observing the ancient vault had brought word of vast troves of gold coin being retrieved by the few daring delvers who survived the perils of the vault. Already, much of this wealth was spread throughout the common populace. A single, golden coin was tucked into the bottom of the case. The markings upon it were strange, but unmistakable. He had seen this coin in his vision from the Two-fold Queen. The vision that urged him to "retrieve the Sun."

"We must beseech them," the Familiar realized aloud.

"My lord?" the Kypiq wondered in her tinny voice.

"The people, goodwoman. We must beseech the people to lend their aid. Or more appropriately, their gold."

The Order of Unwavering Light is on a Holy Quest

The Long Night is upon us, and it is our divinely ordained task to retrieve the Sun!

When you send your Ancient Coins to Bombastus, you ensure the will of the divine comes to pass. We cannot accomplish this awesome task by ourselves.

But that is not all you can do!

• Spread the word far and wide to every believer--the faiths of Elyria are united in support of the Order of Unwavering Light.
  • Trade the items you find in the vault to collectors. Let them name their price, then tell them to pass the coins along to Bombastus!
  • Tell your tale! Add your story to the thread below and share in the lore building behind the Order's future success!
  • Join the order! (https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/29941/announcing-the-order-of-unwavering-light)

Together, united in purpose, we can bring the Sunstone home. Do your part!

12/17/2018 9:52:30 PM #1

it may not be much, but you can have the few i've found.

12/17/2018 10:27:39 PM #2

Thank you, Seggs! I am glad to have your support!

12/17/2018 11:07:56 PM #3

House Rhae supports Zylphania! Zylphania forever!

Zylphania

Made By @Baron Crux of the Kingdom Media Team

12/17/2018 11:30:27 PM #4

Posted By Hybrid at 3:07 PM - Mon Dec 17 2018

House Rhae supports Zylphania! Zylphania forever!

Huzzah!

12/18/2018 12:15:20 AM #5

Update: I am also accepting donations of glowing produce to stockpile for charity operations during the Long Night. Please consider donating your glowing vegetables today. All donations will be preserved or used to grow future reserves until such time as the reserves are needed by the people of Elyria.

12/18/2018 12:37:38 AM #6

The Gypsies of Elyria will be supporting you! I can see the Longest Night being a great opportunity for a carnival!

Alt text -

12/18/2018 1:00:59 AM #7

That's a great idea! Thanks for your support, High Priestess!

12/18/2018 1:43:06 AM #8

Don't support Bombastus! The Hrothi need the Sunstone for a vast underground farming cavern! Even in the lore it says the Hrothi are the ones who bring people supplies to last out the longest night. Are you going to trust some Waerd who follows the Two-Fold false god to use the Sunstone to help people? I'd say he is more likely to use it to burn peoples crops to "bring balance" for the Two-Fold false god!

For Vornair!

3ECD73

12/18/2018 2:10:39 AM #9

Posted By Firiqian at 5:43 PM - Mon Dec 17 2018

Don't support Bombastus! The Hrothi need the Sunstone for a vast underground farming cavern! Even in the lore it says the Hrothi are the ones who bring people supplies to last out the longest night. Are you going to trust some Waerd who follows the Two-Fold false god to use the Sunstone to help people? I'd say he is more likely to use it to burn peoples crops to "bring balance" for the Two-Fold false god!

For Vornair!

3ECD73

I don't support his efforts either Firigqian (mostly because he is on the wrong server) but poor taste coming to his thread to bash him.

You didn't even give an alternative, you just said boo Bombastus, yay Vornair. Poor, in-eloquent taste

12/18/2018 2:15:10 AM #10

Posted By Firiqian at 5:43 PM - Mon Dec 17 2018

For Vornair!

3ECD73

Listen, pal, I don't crawl up in your Hrothi dirt holes and holler about how digging pretty rocks out of the ground is a futile enterprise. No need for you to get in my business.

12/18/2018 2:27:00 AM #11

Youll always have the ragnvalds at your back, Bombastus! Im sure the two fold queens wills it as well so you shall have the produce you need... and coins ofcourse

12/18/2018 2:51:01 AM #12

I sent you 2 Coins Bomb, I wish you the best to get your prize

12/18/2018 2:54:58 AM #13

Posted By Bombastus at

As the title says, I would be honored to hold the Sunstone for the server. Why?

• My duchy will be in the shrublands, and thus have a hard time in the Long Night--our arable land is already limited and collecting food for the Long Night may be very difficult otherwise.
  • I will donate surplus food grown by the Sunstone to domains in dire need during the Long Night.
  • I am centrally located on the map with access to the sea, so I will be able to deliver food to anywhere in Elyria with greater ease than other nobles.
  • I will protect the Sunstone in a hidden, subterranean garden to ensure that it remains safe for the good of all.
  • I will not use the Sunstone for personal profit.
  • I will bear the title of Luminary with the utmost respect and reverence.

Please, send your coins to Bombastus. Let the Sunstone be held by one of honor and integrity.

Update: I am also accepting donations of glowing produce to stockpile for charity operations during the Long Night. Please consider donating your glowing vegetables today. All donations will be preserved or used to grow future reserves until such time as the reserves are needed by the people of Elyria.

I would say that is a very bad argument in favor of having the sunstone, if anything, the sunstone should go to a region that can produce lots of food so that during the longest night there is a good production of food.

So for example grassland or tropical wetlands would be great for having the sunstone imo.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

12/18/2018 3:19:44 AM #14

Posted By zimmah at 6:54 PM - Mon Dec 17 2018

Posted By Bombastus at

As the title says, I would be honored to hold the Sunstone for the server. Why?

• My duchy will be in the shrublands, and thus have a hard time in the Long Night--our arable land is already limited and collecting food for the Long Night may be very difficult otherwise.
  • I will donate surplus food grown by the Sunstone to domains in dire need during the Long Night.
  • I am centrally located on the map with access to the sea, so I will be able to deliver food to anywhere in Elyria with greater ease than other nobles.
  • I will protect the Sunstone in a hidden, subterranean garden to ensure that it remains safe for the good of all.
  • I will not use the Sunstone for personal profit.
  • I will bear the title of Luminary with the utmost respect and reverence.

Please, send your coins to Bombastus. Let the Sunstone be held by one of honor and integrity.

I would say that is a very bad argument in favor of having the sunstone, if anything, the sunstone should go to a region that can produce lots of food so that during the longest night there is a good production of food.

So for example grassland or tropical wetlands would be great for having the sunstone imo.

My presumption is that an underground garden would be insulated from the weather, making the surface conditions irrelevant. Also, the Waerd lands are usually situated near underground rivers, so we would have a ready source for irrigation.

12/18/2018 3:30:31 AM #15

To be honest I find it difficult to argue your reasoning. You are directly in the center of the map, the sunstone would allow you to grow a great deal of crops from various lands even if it would be to hot on the surface (although it's stated you were shrublands not desert so a great deal grows there or could grow there) and the underground water ways make sense as well. I support your wishes, good luck future luminary!

Friend code: 2D42A1