COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Announcing The Order of Unwavering Light

* RP *

The armored figure knelt before the King both hands out stretched bearing many scrolls and scraps of parchment. "Your grace, I have gained support for my order from across the land and from the tribes that inhabit it."

The King gazed upon the assembled agreements and was impressed by the groups he saw represented. He saw the seals of merchants and bankers from as far afield as Aravier and Port Royale. Affidavits from the healers of Saorsa and Rhyddid. Sworn testimony from the astrologers of the Talqamar. Marks were made indicating the support of the most prominent mercenary bands in Alesia, from the Shades to the Blades to even the gladiators. Religious leaders from the three corners of the realm preached messages of support from their sanctuaries. The Familiar of the Al’tifali in the South was present upon a parchment encouraging their followers to embrace the quest for the artifact that could bring the balance of light even to the darkness of Long Night. The sigil of Paragon Flawliss was plain to see, lending the support of the Virtori Faithful in the West. Faedin leaders wrote of the support of the Guardians in the East. Wherever the faithful turned, whatever their faith, they were told of the righteousness of the Grandmaster’s quest. Mixed among the messages of support from the people were the decrees of pledges from the aristocracy and nobility. Some promising land, some patronage, but all promising support in their way. Some came for the promise of wealth. Some for adventure. Some for the promise of glory or divine favor. For why-ever they came, they pledged themselves to the Grandmaster, and the Quest for the Stone.

"You have gathered the support I requested when you came to me with your plan. There are more groups and powers represented here then I expected. You even reached out to the poorest of our citizens whos gifts are even more valued for their proportionality. Your order will turn the chaos of the adventurers mad scramble into an orderly quest to retrieve a relic of mystical significance to your men. You have my blessing to rise and go forth as the first Grandmaster of the Order of Unwavering Light." The newly anointed Grandmaster stood, bowed slightly to the King, and turned to begin the hard work of The Quest for the Holy Stone.

The King turned to the mustachioed figure to his left. "I trust you to handle the financials for this new order while they come of age. One day they will be expected to keep their own house in order but in the present we will help them along in this holy quest." The King smiled, proud of what his citizens had set in motion regardless of the outcome history would be made in the near future.

* None RP *

The Order of Unwavering Light is Alesia's joint effort to recover The Sun Stone for the Tribes of Mann. The stated goal of The Order is to recover The Sun Stone and protect it as it is used for the betterment of the realms of Luna. Should The Order succeed in their quest and recover The Stone pre launch they pledge to travel the realms from their fortress monastery and use the stone to bring light to the darkest corners of Elyria. Should the Knights fail in their initial bid for The Stone they will seek to recover the artifact post launch through the best means possible. The Order is a multi faith organization focused on the recovery and protection of The Stone while still using its powers to aid the forces of order on Luna.

The Order is a brand new organization on NA-E and is in need for members to help it grow and live. I am looking for worthy players to fill out all ranks of Alesia's first recognized Order. The unwavering Knights will need players of all stripes, adventurers and daring Knights to be sure, but also craftsmen and logistical support as well. This Quest will be finished with a group effort both during this event and into the real game. Join the Order today, partake in the sacred quest to recover The Holy Stone and help shape the founding principles of Alesia's first Recognized Order!

12/20/2018 5:07:31 PM #1

If you have any questions about this new group feel free to PM me here or in Discord. Discord is likely to get you a quicker response.

If you would like to support this groups quest for The Stone please send your Coins to "Bombastus" as I have entrusted him with the task of leading this contest for Alesia.

12/20/2018 5:08:32 PM #2

Reserved for future information about the Order. To include ranks / titles, additional goals, and Holy Vows.

12/20/2018 5:16:42 PM #3

https://discord.gg/pWwqNxC

12/20/2018 11:24:26 PM #4

This is awesome!

12/21/2018 12:58:22 AM #5

A missive from the Sevenfold

In support of our blessed King, true Heir to the empire of Xeilias, the Church of the Sevenfold has joined him on his expedition into the depths of the Vault. While other members focus their efforts delving into the shrouded secrets of the uncovered city, we bring foodstuffs, bandages, medicine and more.

Our purpose here is not glory, nor is it a quest for knowledge. We simply fear for our brothers in faith and wish to tend to them should injuries befall during this venture. While there are some among us who will join our Liege and his explorers in the caves below, we will remain above, ensuring that all are accounted for, safe or treated.

While our beliefs in the metaphysical and divine may differ, we recognize our comrades in faith for their shared call to heal and care. Our portion of the expedition is joined with those of not just of other Virtori sects, but all those blessed by the Light, including the caretakers of nature of the Al'Tifali and the protectors of the Faedin. Together, our goals are to ensure the more adventurous of our companions can rest easy, knowing their camps are safeguarded, and the best medicine that could survive this journey.

12/21/2018 1:00:19 AM #6

As the Merchants of Bísmark ascended from the depths of the vault that they just raided, Bísmark takes a look at all the loot they liberated from the vault. He and his merchant company were gathering resources for the Kingdom of Alesia's quest for the Sunstone. Bísmark surveys the goods he and his merchants worked so hard for as Bísmark lifts a small bag. Bísmark looks to his head merchant, Bobby, and says "This bag of star rubies will go a long way in helping the King with his new knight order. Let's sell the rest as quickly as possible, make sure they are on the first caravans out of the City of Bísmark."

Bísmark and Co. worked tirelessly to sell all the materials they collected, from the loads of coal to the golden chalices of legends. Once they finished, Bismarck said "Blacksmiths all across Alesia are using the coal and copper we liberated, and the alchemist laboratories paid handsomely for the Vials of unknown substance. The Gold trinkets are being worn by every Aristocrat we could find, including myself." Bísmark had a wonderful golden ring with a star ruby mounted in the ring itself, one that he personally found when raiding the Vault of legend. "It's finally time to take proceeds and bring them to the King"

As Bísmark and his company rolled his wagon through the countryside, he stopped and noticed that an elderly townswoman was being harassed by what appeared to be very large brutes. They loudly shouted at the woman saying "You heard about the new knight order, everyone must pay!" It was fairly obvious that these thugs where attempting to shake down this woman, poorly. Bismarck couldn't allow these bandits to besmirch the honor of The Order and did some quick thinking about how to diffuse the situation. "No use trying to get water from a rock, my friend." Bísmark said to the thugs as he approached on his horse. Reaching into his pocket he withdrew his personal coin purse carefully counting out some gold to placate these wild men. He then handed the money to them saying "here, take this and leave the poor woman alone, or I can report you two to the guards." The thugs took the money and ran as fast as they could. The elderly woman gasped in awe saying "You must be that Bísmark person I have heard so much about. I cannot thank you enough kind Sir, but why did you pay those two if you knew they were thugs?" The kind Merchant said "if they were harassing poor townsfolk, then they too must have needed help." He walked back to his caravan and continued on to the Capital.

Inside the Capital, the kingdom wide drive to fund this new order was visible. Government workers selling bonds or just advirtising the King's new proclamation of the new Knight order of the Unwavering Light were on every street corner. Guards stopped him at the gate saying "the King is far too busy to have any visitors, especially non-nobility." Bísmark motioned for the guards to come look at the wagon that the group was leading. As the guards looked at the wagon, they saw large nondescript bags sitting in the wagon in heeps. Bismarck opened one of the bags and showed it to the guards; they were filled with gold." They guards immediately yelled to open the gate and motioned the caravn through. Some time later, Bísmark was allowed entrance the throne room that is filled with upper nobility and aristocrats. He slowly walks up the King and declares "The Merchants of Bísmark raided the legendary vault and liberated many goods and trinkets. We have sold them across the entire Kingdom, from Soarsa to Thearyn. We have finally come to deliver our donation to the Kingdoms newest Knight order." The merchant slowly approaches the King's throne and kneels before him. He reaches into his jacket and withdraws another small bag. He says "this bag is filled with a gem so rare, they are referred to as stars. This bag will go a long way towards funding your order, I want you to have it Sire. Use them well." Bismarck and his merchants finally completed their goal and helped the Kingdom in their quest for the Sunstone and the new Knight Order.

12/21/2018 1:17:07 AM #7

(continued from above)

The King turned to the mustachioed figure to his left. "I trust you to handle the financials for this new order while they come of age. One day they will be expected to keep their own house in order but in the present we will help them along in this holy quest." The King smiled, proud of what his citizens had set in motion regardless of the outcome history would be made in the near future.

The Familiar bowed respectfully, "With typical humble mein and utmost reverence, We solemnly accept our trivial, yet portentous role in this glorious Holy Quest, most Radiant Leige." The King waved his dismissal, and the Familiar withdrew silently.

The Familiar strolled through the palace, deep in thought. How to fund such an endeavor? Alesia was not prepared for both the Long Night and supply an organized force to retrieve the fabled Stone. Many communities had been close to famine in recent years, and the stores normally prepared in advance were strained. Even Vitalis and Zylphania, both typically in possession of uncommon wealth, were facing hard times in the recent decade. The ambition of the King and his Grandmaster risk outreaching the means of the nation, he thought. He chided himself--it was not his place to question the decree. He had a task to complete, and he would see it done.

One of the Waerd attending the Familiar intercepted a Kypiq messenger dashing into the hall. "A message, for Lord Bombahzet!" the diminutive woman sputtered, looking eager to get beyond the attendant, "For his hands alone."

The Familiar gave a flick of his fingers, signalling the attendant to stand aside. She did so, retreating once more to the periphery of the hall. The Familiar accepted the sealed case from the scout, who attempted to remain standing in a formal posture despite being short of breath.

He read the enclosed missive. Spies observing the ancient vault had brought word of vast troves of gold coin being retrieved by the few daring delvers who survived the perils of the vault. Already, much of this wealth was spread throughout the common populace. A single, golden coin was tucked into the bottom of the case. The markings upon it were strange, but unmistakable. He had seen this coin in his vision from the Two-fold Queen. The vision that urged him to "retrieve the Sun."

"We must beseech them," the Familiar realized aloud.

"My lord?" the Kypiq wondered in her tinny voice.

"The people, goodwoman. We must beseech the people to lend their aid. Or more appropriately, their gold."

12/21/2018 1:47:24 AM #8

A smile was firmly planted on Delgard's face. The branch manager looked on with approval, the rising sun illuminating a line of farmers, merchants, and craftsmen. This stream of people coming to Atlas bank had over the days grown from a mere trickle, each holding the same hope for a better future. Ever since Atlas Bank announced its intent to offer land for barter within Vitalis, buyers had flocked to the regional branches. Each purchase a personal pledge of support for the Unwavering Knights.

The ancient coins had become commonly traded, along with other loot, now that adventurers were exploring the Vault. The coins were carried by tellers into the rear of the bank and placed carefully in sacks.

Later that morning, a small farm wagon rolled out of Prospero, carrying a load of corn. Vane Silverblood, baron of Vitalis, glanced around as he passed some strangers on the road. He was clad in the garb of a farmer and had a focused glint in his eye. A shimmer of gold came from the back of the wagon, and he quickly shuffled more ears of corn over some gold coins spilling from a feed sack.

"This is meant to reach the Order, and by The Two-Fold Queen, it shall, if I have anything to do with it!" He muttered to himself, as he signaled the horses to move faster. As the wagon slowly moved over the horizon, Delgard turned from the bank window and back to his duties.

12/21/2018 2:55:37 AM #9

The Concierge leaned back in his chair as the Archons filed out of the room after a mercifully short but important meeting. Academics are often longed winded and drawn out when contemplating a question...at least until a decisive answer benefits them. But this time a decision had been reached. This was too important an expedition, too important a discovery! They must lend their aid.

He composed his reply swiftly - with a practiced and steady hand - as his father had, and his father before him, back to the first of his epithet.

Grandmaster,

The Fulcrum Collegium will send manpower and resources to bolster your new Order, not only for the good of the realm and the quest for the Sunstone, but to insure we learn everything we can from this trove of lost knowledge. Any of ours who wish to join your order have our blessing and their status among us will be preserved and honored should they find themselves in need or wish to return.

May the Queen's Blessings be upon you and your quest.

Sincerely,

The Concierge

High Keeper of the Fulcrum Collegium

Shaking the excess sand from drying the letter, the Concierge carefully rolled it and handed it to the courier he summoned with a knock of his signet ring against the door.

"Deliver this to the Grandmaster of the Unwavering Light with all haste, and have the Master of Ravens summon the Archival Custodians to the Order's mustering point with orders to lend them any aid, and to return with whatever artifacts they find", he said.

The courier ran for his horse with great haste. The Concierge could hear the gates opening before he even managed to return to his desk. He wondered if the boy had forgotten the second half of his instructions. But as the gates slammed shut the wings of a hundred messengers could be heard as they rose into the sky carrying simple coded orders that apparently someone had thought to prepare ahead of time. He made a note to promote whoever it was.

As he returned to his work he pondered what material aid they could send. There was that chest of ancient coins rumored to be from the Immortal Vault sitting in storage. Perhaps the order could find a more suitable use for them than collecting dust...

12/21/2018 6:07:06 AM #10

As Speaka sat underneath his newly blossoming Apple Tree, he remembered the long journey he'd just completed. It'd been at least six cycles since he left to meet with the Order.

Those six cycles ago a courier had brought word that the Order needed his help. Speaka thought, as any Kypiq would, why did they need his help above anyone else's. Had they not the funding from the Kings, the Barons, and the Counts. Had they not the Manpower from each and every Mayor for this just and holy cause. Had they not the Supplies from the Trading Companies. He thought and he thought, what else would The Order of Unwavering Light need, until it occurred to him. All the money, manpower, and supplies would do nothing if the ever devoted common man was not there. What Order can there be without a body to lead. A fire inside Speaka was lit.

Speaka grabbed his Sickle, his lovely Anemia, patted it, tied it to his back, and began his pilgrimage to the most Holy Order. He trekked long and hard through the rain, through the darkness, through the cold and through the hunger. He struggled for he knew the Order's ways. They desired strong men in will and mind. Along the way he had to rest often and gather food from the surrounding area. Progress was slow as a Kypiq was used to climbing and swinging, not this awful walking. As he would come across a tree stump, he would pay homage to the Tree god to forgive these fools for killing what should be left to its own accord.

As he neared his goal of meeting with the Order he remembered why he left. To ask to join a most Holy Order as this. Though he only had a meager few coins in his pocket to give, he knew that with his mighty spirit, he would prevail in his goal. As he approached the gate he saw a man with a great smile looked upon him and opened the gate quickly. Speaka thought he looked upon him with the eyes of those that look upon a beggar but he let it go for his cause was a noble one.

As Speaka entered the Order's house he informed them that he wished to join them and gave what little money he had. They informed him that he was too short to wield any of the equipment that they had available. They told him that his coins would be put to great use and that they would send word to him if a more suitable position opened up for him. They then had him sign an agreement initiating him at the lowest level into the order and told him to head home until further notice. Before he left, he was informed of everything the Order stood for and any goals they had, including The Stone.

As Speaka left, he beamed with pride. They had accepted him, meaning that they had recognized his devotion to this most holy cause. Speaka smiled because he knew that he was apart of something bigger than just his little farm in Vita Vinum of Faefoth.

12/21/2018 3:06:28 PM #11

I was startled awake and immediately knew that it was true. All of those travelers! Every tribe and religion passing through Mantai heading toward the royal capitol were travelling a chosen path. Like a tree drawing water through its roots, a divine calling was drawing them across the land. I now know what I must do. I am but a portion of those roots meant to help feed the Order. I can feel it as surely as I had felt the air shift signalling the approach of the Longest Night.

“The research!”

I can feel my passion take hold and I spring up, dressing quickly, to get to the school. I must send along the fibers. My dreams have been teasing me, showing brief glimpses of a future just out of reach. Working tirelessly, I have been seeking the future that I knew was coming. Surely the Creator is sending this sign.

As soon as I arrived at the school, I quickly gather my research and the few precious fibers I have managed to create knowing that the Order of the Unwavering Light was the calling I had been seeking. Finally I can use the research I have been working on day and night to help others far beyond my small pocket of paradise. I turn to look to Rinna, one of my most dedicated students.

“These fibers… Yes! Lord Bombahzet will know what potential this holds. I must send it along immediately for this will be such aid to the Order’s mission and to their protection. We may not have the gold to help the Order, but this may be something the Grandmaster has not considered. I shall request a place within the Order and provide this knowledge to all. I am certain now that the Creator is moving me toward this destiny. My soul can feel it.”

She looks almost as excited as I feel as she springs forward helping me gather my notes.

“Rinna, we will request samples of flora from the Order’s travels to help us in our research! We can assist the Grandmaster with knowledge so that he and the Order can use the sunstone efficiently. The potential! There is so much more to be grown than food. The strength of the cloth these fibers will make… think of these fibers being used in cloth gear and bandages. Oh, this will help so many!”

I pause to allow Rinna to take in this idea and to try and catch up with my own thoughts. “Yes, Rinna. We were chosen by the Creator to help spread this light!”

With a trembling hand, I begin to pen the letter that will accompany my life’s work… a new destiny has opened for me and I let the words flow to the page as I ponder this new path.

12/21/2018 4:00:47 PM #12

The Order of the Unwavering Light – tales of this knightly order are known from the western coats to the eastern forests and to the plainlands of the south. The noble knights and lay-members carry with them the ideals of the great kingdom they belong to. Aveline, the prosperous seat of House Vauchard, proudly embraces the order in its lands.

After its founding in 4A707 in search of a legend, the Order slowly began to spread to all corners of the kingdom. The discovery of the so-called Immortal Vault prompted adventurers and scoundrels from all walks to make the journey into the mysterious depths. The King Xelias, ever vigilant, declared a knightly order to secure its secrets. Bordin, a humble mann, began his quest to gather support for the Order from the royal duchy and made his way north, through the settlements and forests of Thearyn and Aravier. The peasants that Bordin met gave him equal parts confusion of his quest and no reverance – it began to look bleak for the eager knight. Noble people looked down at him, giving Bordin no assistance; even the normally generous smallfolk could not spare anything – the Longest Night was rapidly approaching and many feared it would be a brutal one.

3 months into his journey and Bordin was down to his last morsel of food. The impact of the Longest Night hit the frontier settlements particularly hard, forcing the mann to seek refuge in a city. While on a desolate search for civilization, Bordin happened upon a band of travelers. One was dressed finely, it seemed. Jewels glittered in the night light – a noblemann, he assumed. Just then the shine of longswords from all directions rushed into the group. Bordin did not stand idly by, instead drawing his sword and rushing into the mass. The knight charged and slashed his way into the center, standing in aid of the travelers. The defenders engaged with the bandits severely but it seemed they were enraged with despair. For the bandits, it seemed the only choice available to them was to kill the travelers for any scraps of food they carried or items to barter stale bread for. The conflict was short but bloody and the darkness only compounded the confusion. A bandit struck down two guards in one ferocious strike, then raised his sword against the nobleman who was caught off guard. Bordin, a skilled Xelian swordsman, was able to block the strike and repel the highwayman who slowly backtracked. The knight gave no ground, and quickly thrust his sword deep into the chest of the would-be murderer. The rest of the bandits ran away after seeing their leader fall, with the guards pursuing them.

Bordin returned to the noblemann, who had collapsed in fear. Extending his hand, Bordin lifted him up with a warm smile. “Who are you, traveler?” inquired the man. To which the knight proudly replied, “Bordin, knight of the Order of the Unwavering Light.” The noblemann quietly nodded, admittedly he never heard of this group. The guards eventually returned and presented the remaining heads of the fleeing criminals.

During the journey back, the noblemann revealed he was the ruler of the region – the Count Vauchard. Indebted for saving his life at risk of his own, the Count offered what support he could. The pair grew in understanding and respect of each other and were eventually found back in Aveline. From that day forward the Order of the Unwavering Light found refuge, support – enthusiastic aid – from the proud people of Aveline.

Lord Alix Vauchard, Count of Aveline

12/21/2018 6:29:00 PM #13

To the west; The Duke of Thearyn the Proud Horse Lord declared support for The Order and decreed resources and search parties to be organised to support the quest. Land was to be set aside for The Order Fortresses so that they will have a secure base to operate from

The Duke of Thearyn sent his swiftest ravens across the realms stating;
"I, Horse Lord Maulvorn, Duke of Thearyn hereby issue my full support to the Knights of the Unwavering Light and offer full material and manpower support, I also offer full hospitality and land for The Order in my Court.

Anyone on Luna who denies The Orders Hospitality will be insulting not just The Order but the Virtues and the Duke of Thearyn himself.

12/21/2018 11:45:44 PM #14

Commodore Vig stood over the long map table with a look of intense thought. He slowly moved wooden model ships about the table with the use of a yard stick whose far end was shaped like the crescent moon of the Talqamar, a gift from its headmaster. Laying the stick on the table he took a moment to jot down some notes. The chess match he played within his mind was a life and death struggle for his people and all the people of Alesia.

He was interrupted by a knock at the door. “Enter” he called out. A Blackguard Captain entered and stood at attention awaiting his command. “What is it Captain?”

“We have captured an intruder on the grounds M’Lord.”

“And? Throw him in the brig.” Vig waved his hand in annoyance.

“He has invoked Parlay, Sire. Says he is from Homewood in Faefoth.”

“Homewood?” Vig imagined his childhood home for a second, “Bring him to me.”

Faefoth was the ancestral homeland of the northern Kypiq tribes of Alesia and Vig’s childhood home. He had not been there in ages, only once since taking over as Duke from his father. The entry doors opened again and a pair of Blackguard escorted in a young Kypiq male. The Blackguards looked immense next to the small Mann, Vig, being half Neran, inherited his mother’s height but little else.

“What is your name and what is your business here?” Vig used the tone of an interrogator.

“I…I..am Speaka sire. A Knight of the Unwavering Light.” Vig could see the youth in him now.

“A Knight? Where is your sword?” Vig guffawed.

“There was none for my height sire, my apologies. As for my mission, I came to speak with you and was denied entry. I am sorry for trying to sneak in.”

“Your stealth is horrible, as is your stature. Stand Up straight, and tell me how you are a Knight.” Vig sat behind his desk and put his slick black boots up upon it. The Kypiq told him of the Order and of the Vault and of his vow to protect the sunstone. When he finished Vig told him to sit down and sat in silence for a great long while. Even the Blackguards shifted uncomfortably in the silence. Sweat dripped from Speaka’s worried brow. This was a mistake he thought.

Vig ran his hands over his beard in long thought, finally standing with his hands upon the desk he said ” Sir Speaka, Knight of the Unwavering Light, stand.” Speaka did as he was told. “You have been granted a great honor to represent your kin and the people of your homeland of Port Royale. It is your DUTY to represent them well. Seek out Guardian Jho ‘Hon and give him this.” Vig wrote a short letter on parchment, rolled it and sealed it before handing it to Speaka. “You will start your training as Moshkin immediately, they will have a weapon that suits you and will train you in its use. Are there any other details your Lord may need to know about the Order or of the Vault?”

Speaka was dumbfounded, excited and thankful all in the same moment. His dark eyes showed his joy and he stuttered a thank you. “The only other thing sire was that they spoke of a forgotten tomb within the vault and the treasures it may hold, but that is all. Thank you again sire! I will make you proud!”

“I know you will son, safe journey.” Once Speaka left the chamber Vig took another parchment and wrote upon it.

Count Sguj Tzaj,

The hunt is on. Gather 20 of your finest cave divers and explorers and lead them in expedition to the Vault. It has come to our attention there may be more then trinkets to be found in its depths. I will send a scholar to meet you there with any information we may have on this Forgotten Tomb. Adventure awaits old friend!

-VIG

He sealed the letter and sent it with the Captain to Kargamum. “If there be treasure in that Vault, it be ours..” he said to the empty room.

12/22/2018 1:59:40 AM #15

A young-looking Kypiq, shrouded in several layers of robes, was brewing some concoction, eagerly whiffing every breath, audibly panting. He reaches into a shadowy space within his robes and takes out an unmarked tincture, uncorks it and cackles as he pours it into the bubbling froth. "I wonder which one that was! Poison? What kind of poison? Err, maybe it was perfume. Hope not. Poison. Hope so."

A loud clicking sound suddenly startled the Kypiq. Far below him, someone yells, "Conklin! Speakas here. Says the Duke sent him." Conklin growls with the ferocity of a canis rabbit. "Coming! Always being interrupted, can't ever make any progress." His chatter devolves into muttering.

Conklin pulls a suspending lever, which makes a thud and drags him down below.

--some time passes as Speaka explains the situation--

Conklin turns to pilfer through some old parchment, hoping to find some reference to this "Sunstone". He then takes some, doodles a message and stamps it.

"Here, if you're going to be a Knight, you're going to need proper wearings - you're not capturing a pumpkin!" Speaka shakes in excitement - or terror. "When you have a moment, go find Keeper Shield of Thornspire. He'll know what to do. And, take this to Vig. You've done good. The Aegir's will be proud. You've brought us much spirit."