COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
More info about kingdoms

There are individual post for every kingdom i know,but it feels like advertising campaign. Maybe we can gather short and to the point advantages and disadvantages of each kingdom so it will make it easier for players who haven't committed for long in the forums and aren't informed of the latest news.

For example what kind of languages are the majority of players in each kingdom going to speak,pvp/pve oriented kingdom,military/peacefull,are there possibilites for Citizens to climb the hierarchy ladder or just become good soldiers will be the max?

Example Kingdom 1

1. English/german majority
  2. PvE oriented

Disadvantages

1.Strict tax laws,you can lose house if you dont pay 2 months in a row(dont know if thats even possible is just an example).

Advantages 1. bla bla bla

edit:i dont know why huge red letters appeared.

Europe

2/1/2019 1:28:50 AM #1

I think personally at this point in development it is too early for kingdoms to represent themselves in such a way. Why would kingdoms want to advertise their disadvantages as well? They are trying to recruit after all.

I personally find that the best idea to get to know a kingdom is to speak to the people of the kingdom - by joining their discord.

2/1/2019 2:11:50 AM #2

^ this

EDIT: I suppose someone theoretically neutral could to a guide of some sort, but it’s way too early (anyone setting a tax rate before domain and settlement selection has even happened is mentally deficient) and any writer’s neutrality would immediately be called into question by anyone who disliked the review.

Coming Soon(tm)

2/1/2019 11:20:55 AM #3

Of course there are disadvantages,perfection doesn't exist,i don't want to enter a discord and start annoying people and i don't have the time either to enter 4 different kingdoms and speak with dozens of different people until my questions are answered,many can relate i think.

I agree its very early but i prefer a honest "review" rather that advertisement for recruits,it can be even more basic for now without advantages/disadvantages,only few talk about the king from what you have discovered like if he is strict with laws or more forgiving,stats about majority of language and pvp/pve orientation is also basic stuff we MUST now beforehand.

Europe

2/1/2019 1:12:12 PM #4

I agree with you but we could do it after Domain and settlement selection to give more info about the Selene Kingdoms

2/1/2019 1:22:59 PM #5

Yeah what Rellik and Chipla said, atm it's a bit too early to give any solid info or list advantages/disadvantage, simply because kingdoms only have plans and ideas, we can't say if infrastructure is good or not, we can't say how taxes work, the only thing that is semi solid atm are areas/tribes. and even then I would still wait for D&SS before listing it.

Also some things, like PvE/PvP, even taxes, that can't really be applied to whole kingdom, there can be PvE and PvP duchies within the kingdom, different counties may have high or low laxes. You can of course count the majority and establish the theme from there, but I think that would be incorrect, and generally a lot of domains will try to balance things out not going fully one way or another.

And lastly, if we will make some sort of review, it's the matter of who does it, kingdoms will rarely list disadvantages about themselves, and more likely to list bad things about other kingdoms, but a neutral party may simply lack info to give a proper analysis since their involvement with community will be limited and may not be long. So kingdoms may not be fairly represented, and get salty regardless in accusations are fair or not (remembering mickdudes post about all the kingdoms - people still got offended by some of his insights because his impression was not what they wanted)

P.S. I'm not against the idea itself tho, given time, more info and if someone want to do a proper research, it could be done, but probably not anytime soon.

2/1/2019 5:44:58 PM #6

While interesting it would be kind of hard to implement in any reliable form. Best you could probably do is try and collect something like reviews from people, something like an honest travel guide; e.g.

Nirath

The Kingdom of Nirath is widely renowned for its fires, and its beards and that one duchy that resembles a sort of Prussian Ethnostate. Good people all around but the taxes can be high cause Dragor's harem is too large and needs plenty of funding. Beware unlucky passengers of Nirathi Trebuchet Airlines, they have been known to splatter. We enjoyed our visit.

Final verdict: 4/5 stars

2/1/2019 7:22:00 PM #7

Another example:

Tryggr

Once you get past the Grrrr and gristle Tryggr is like a roaring fire in the hearth on a cold winter's day, be cautious though, get too close and you'll get burned. Bluster and pride rule in these lands but so does honesty and spirit. Taxation is a concept much discussed mostly amounting to 'I gave you a goat now leave me alone'. True born witches rule these lands, governing from the shadows and plying the mennfolk with mead and whispers of encouragement, though not with ill intent. A visit to Tryggr is a visit filled with much raucous amusement and an inevitable awakening the next morn wondering why you are wearing a bucket. A memorable visit.

Final verdict 3.9/5 (Point deduction since the bucket hadn't been emptied before wearing)

2/1/2019 7:35:17 PM #8

Bear you are a terrible terrible person.

@unwanted

I get where you are coming from, but honestly, at least for me it's about people.

Who would you have the most fun with? Who are you comfortable with? Where do you find like minds?

And the best way to get to know people is....

By talking to them

There are only five kingdoms in the Selene server.

Hop into each, have a chat and find your place among them.

There is no way to echo that experience on the forums.

All you will find here is biased ( one way or the other opinions). Which is fine and even understandable.

But doesn't, and will never be able to, compare to actuall real time communication.

2/1/2019 10:34:04 PM #9

Posted By Scylurus at 5:44 PM - Fri Feb 01 2019

that one duchy that resembles a sort of Prussian Ethnostate.

Two duchies ;) we found some living room.

Coming Soon(tm)

2/2/2019 1:15:52 AM #10

bahhh!!! All nonsense and propaganda - eschew these fools and their kingdoms, join me, and together we will meme the server into submission!

really, though, it is only 5 discord channels - visit a different one whenever you have a few minutes and rotate around

3/19/2019 8:35:42 PM #11

I think by this point every Kingdom has groups of people from all over Europe and beyond speaking different languages and there are so many peoples with different plans and ideas it would be impossible to filter down any advantages or disadvantages between one Kingdom or another.

So just join Anor in Demalion and stop worrying.