COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Surname changes are here!

Good day, Elyrians,

Since Surname Reservations first arrived, many of you have expressed a desire to make a change to your character/family surnames. Whether due to altering allegiances, family makeup plans being adjusted, change of biome or tribe, or simply because you woke up one day and decided "Ixitxachitl, how did that become my surname!?!!" - we've got you covered.

Heavily requested by our community, we've deployed this new feature that is now available to anyone who has already reserved a surname.

Why should I get one?

If you have already reserved a Surname but desire to change your currently reserved surname to something else, or extend your currently reserved surname to as many other servers as it is available on, this feature is for you.

If you do not already have a surname reservation, this feature is not useful to you.

If you would like to reserve a surname, either upgrade your package to Bloodline or above, or purchase the Surname and Coat of Arms from our merchandise store under heraldry. See this link for details on Surname Reservation.

How do I get one?

There are two ways that you could receive a Surname Change:

If you merged your accounts back in February of 2018 and you had 2 or more surnames changes between them.

You purchase one through the Merchandise section of our online store.

Note: You may only purchase 1 surname change at a time. However, surname changes granted to you through other means do not count against this total.

How does it work?

If you are not nobility, currently have a surname, and wish to change it:

STEP 1: When logged into your account, either navigate to your Account Management page and click the "Rename Surname" link to the right of your current Alias and Surname, or visit the Surname Reservation page page directly.
STEP 2: Either actions in Step 1 above will take you to the Surname Reservation page page.
STEP 3: Right above the Surname Selection, you can see your current reserved Surname and what server(s) it is reserved on.
STEP 4: After using the name generator, or after entering a new name manually, click the Check Availability button.
STEP 5: In the blue notification area above the Check Availability field, you will see which servers have that surname available for reservation. All servers where that surname is available will be listed, and a Submit button will appear if the surname is available on any servers.
STEP 6: You should now have the option to choose which server you are selecting to reserve the surname on via a pull down menu in the Check Availability field.
STEP 7: Once you are certain you've selected both the surname and the server you want, click the Submit button and and your new surname will be submitted through the normal surname approval process. Approvals typically take between 3 and 7 days.

If you are nobility, currently have a surname on one server, and want to extend it to more or change it:

STEP 1: When logged into your account, either navigate to your Account Management page and click the "Rename Surname" link to the right of your current Alias and Surname, or visit the Surname Reservation page page directly.
STEP 2: Either actions in Step 1 above will take you to the Surname Reservation page.
STEP 3: Right above the Surname Selection, you can see your current reserved Surname and what server(s) it is reserved on.
STEP 4: Copy and paste your current surname into the field below and click Check Availability.
STEP 5: In the blue notification area above the Check Availability field, you will see which servers have that surname available for reservation.
STEP 6a: Your existing surname is available on all servers you desire: If your existing surname is available on all servers you want, click the Submit button. Since your surname was already approved previously, the result should be instant.
STEP 6b: Your existing surname is not available on all servers you desire: You have a choice to extend it to as many as it is available on, or to start over.
STEP 7: If you decide to start over, start again at STEP 3 above, but for STEP 4, check availability on your new surname, do not copy/paste it from above.

Conclusion

We hope this newly released feature will satisfy your desire to have a truly memorable name that you can build your dynasty upon!

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Below is the FAQ that we will add to if new questions come up.

If you have direct concerns or issues you'd like addressed relating to your account and/or a specific situation, please email us at [email protected]

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/26/2019 10:54:20 PM #1

FAQ

Q1: Is there any chance when I change my surname that I will lose my old one?
A1: Your originally reserved surname remains yours until your new request is approved.

Q2: What happens to my old surname once my new one is approved?
A2: Once a new surname is approved and locked to your account, your old surname is cleared and returned to the pool for others to reserve if they wish.

Q3: How do I know what other servers my surname is available on?
A3: You will be required to check availability on your surname before you can submit it for extension. All servers where the surname is available will be displayed in the blue message bar on the reservation page above the Check Availability button.

Q4: If I am only extending my already approved surname to other servers, does it need to go through the approval process again?
A4: No. If the surname was already approved, there is no review process

Q5: Is there a limit to how many times I can change my surname?
A5: No, but you can only own 1 purchased Surname Change at a time.

Q6: I have more than 1 Surname Change in my inventory due to merging my accounts, can I send one or more to someone else?
A6: No, Surname Changes are bound to your account. The only time you are able to own more than one is in the case mentioned above where you merged one or more accounts that each had one.

Q7: I submitted my surname, how long before I hear back?
A7: Surname reviews typically take 24-48 hours, depending on how busy the studio is. This timeframe may be longer if your submission was made prior to a weekend or holiday. A PM will be sent to your CoE account once a decision has been made.

Q8: What is a surname? Are there restrictions to the surname I choose?
A8: You find more surname information, restrictions, and an FAQ on this post along with the first comment.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/26/2019 10:58:58 PM #2

New surnames~! Thank you Serp and team!

2/26/2019 11:02:37 PM #3

Thanks for the update. Much needed features. :)

2/26/2019 11:02:39 PM #4

Huzzah! One step closer to D&SS!

FEAR NO DARKNESS

2/26/2019 11:03:39 PM #5

very very cool

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

2/26/2019 11:14:49 PM #6

Happy for the people out there wanting to change.

2/26/2019 11:19:32 PM #7

Tnx for your hard work guys I don't need it but is a step closer to the DSS. We all love you.

2/26/2019 11:23:08 PM #8

thanks!

2/26/2019 11:50:54 PM #9

No stop the storm is too much.

Winning!

2/26/2019 11:54:52 PM #10

: / hmm, not being a noble and trying to reserve my family name thus ensuring that all known family members are my own despite the server has its difficulties.

I can see that the names are not taken, and that my locked in server has the name reserved, however unable to lock in the name on another server.

why would I want to do that? simply put, I think it would be cool to have my family name mean something in the community and thus wear it like a badge of honor. ie. like members of Blue Garter with final fantasy.

backup: In the event that my family gets wiped out on one server, it would still survive on another. Sure it would just be a name but dynasty's have been built on less.

For those who wish to try: Know that buying a $10 surname reservation only lets you reserve a name on your locked server, if trying to reserve your family name on another server...it will require another account with a package and the ability to reserve a name... therefore you won't be saving any money with this push simply getting the surname reservation instead of rolling another alt and shelling out some cash for it.

2/27/2019 12:13:55 AM #11

Posted By Zelcovian at 4:54 PM - Tue Feb 26 2019

: / hmm, not being a noble and trying to reserve my family name thus ensuring that all known family members are my own despite the server has its difficulties.

I can see that the names are not taken, and that my locked in server has the name reserved, however unable to lock in the name on another server.

why would I want to do that? simply put, I think it would be cool to have my family name mean something in the community and thus wear it like a badge of honor. ie. like members of Blue Garter with final fantasy.

backup: In the event that my family gets wiped out on one server, it would still survive on another. Sure it would just be a name but dynasty's have been built on less.

For those who wish to try: Know that buying a $10 surname reservation only lets you reserve a name on your locked server, if trying to reserve your family name on another server...it will require another account with a package and the ability to reserve a name... therefore you won't be saving any money with this push simply getting the surname reservation instead of rolling another alt and shelling out some cash for it.

You can reserve it on multiple servers, only if you're a noble. Sadly thats the only way .-. there are some people who wanted to do more too at the lower packages

2/27/2019 2:46:17 AM #12

Today was a good day.

2/27/2019 2:57:28 AM #13

Decided to make the change official...

2/27/2019 3:51:11 AM #14

I would like to see name extension added to all Bloodlines - but as it was a perk to be able to choose a name across all servers, perhaps just enable that at a later time.

The other obvious point is that someone wanting to reserve their name on 3 more servers is not a small cost. Recalling that the top tiers have been able to reserve their name over all the servers for some time I can't really see any issue with permitting folks to spend their money if they wish to, particularly if Nobles have first bite at it.

Link to my story

2/27/2019 4:37:02 AM #15

Nice but changing mine naa.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C