COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Help Vote on D&SS Duchy names!

Howdy everyone,

While many of us are patiently awaiting maps, we figured you might like to take a look at some of the names the generator has been churning out lately.

So Caspian shared a few in Discord one night recently...

And then someone had the crazy idea of having the community help us vote on which temporary names we'd use for the duchies during Domain and Settlement Selection.

And guess what? We decided to do it!

Here's the details:

• Below, you will find 17 polls, separated by biome
  • There are approximately 90-110 names per poll
  • You can vote on as many as you love, but remember, like roulette, if too many of you vote on too many, you may not see your very favorite in Elyria during D&SS
  • None of the names are duplicated across any of the biomes
  • None of the temporary names we choose to be used during D&SS will be duplicated on any server
  • We aren't giving an exact date on when voting will close, but feel safe in knowing that you have at least the next couple to a few days after this post is made live if you want to join in.

With maps being finished up and the last of the testing being completed on the site, we agreed in the meantime you might like to not only see many more of the generated names, but also participate in choosing which ones are used on the actual duchies during D&SS.

Without further delay,

The polls are closed.

EDIT: 6/1/2019: Some players (thanks Duke Kapier) asked for the full list as they didn't have a chance to write them down. I uploaded them and you can find them all here. Hope it helps!

Here are the polls!!

Taiga

Rocky Mountain Steppe

Alpine Forest

Lower Montane Forest

Broadleaf Forest

Mixed Forest

Shrublands

Shrub Steppe

Grasslands

Semi-Arid Desert

Woodland Savanna

Salt Marsh

Bog

Tidal Marsh

Swamp

Tropical Wetlands

Tropical Rainforest

We hope you enjoy this short respite while we wait on the final maps.

Thanks for reading and, if you participate and vote, thanks for taking part!

As always,

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/16/2019 3:42:28 AM #1

Done!!

5/16/2019 3:52:30 AM #2

Hope some of those chosen will stick until launch haha

Good luck ;)

5/16/2019 4:05:44 AM #3

This is such a flipping cool thing, and I agree with Onil-Shadowsworn in that I hope some of these will make it into the game if some of the duchies go unclaimed! They're so good!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

5/16/2019 4:07:23 AM #4

submitted twice.

5/16/2019 4:08:29 AM #5

I would like to add, that no D&SS testing time was harmed during the making of these polls XD

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/16/2019 4:14:03 AM #6

Thanks for asking!

5/16/2019 4:34:44 AM #7

Some of these names are really funny.

5/16/2019 4:38:06 AM #8

too bad we cant make up our own ;)

5/16/2019 5:27:06 AM #9

Really good way to involve the community and keep our minds off maps for a bit, good job Serp!

5/16/2019 5:50:45 AM #10

I like Longdon. Like long London.

Also Greenland snuck in there :)

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

5/16/2019 5:57:02 AM #11

Hmm I was really expecting exotic names, more fantasy like. I have really been overthinking making one up.

5/16/2019 6:07:39 AM #12

I thought the names of locations would follow the constrictions for familynames in every biome corresponding to the dominant tribe...

House Pyrros

5/16/2019 6:24:02 AM #13

Posted By Scipion at 02:07 AM - Thu May 16 2019

I thought the names of locations would follow the constrictions for familynames in every biome corresponding to the dominant tribe...

They probably haven't done the NPC name generation yet ;)

5/16/2019 7:13:14 AM #14

Posted By Scipion at 02:07 AM - Thu May 16 2019

Just saw this on the official Discord :

Hope it helps.

5/16/2019 7:24:45 AM #15

Nice to wait ;)