COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
the chat got strange with declarations of hostility.

What's up?

My folks don't seem to need that now. This isn't contagious, is it?

Maybe this is normal. It is just different because I would expect the moderator to be all over this mess.

6D242B

9/4/2019 10:45:21 PM #1

expect for many hostile actions when the game goes live

9/4/2019 10:51:02 PM #2

I'm as hostile as Undead Knights come, if you have a problem with it, I can introduce you to my spear so you can swiftly meet Myrkul, The Lord of Bones. Your weak mortal souls will become a smoothie for the God of the Dead.

9/4/2019 10:54:13 PM #3

they don't want Randoms placing when they have players who have been with them for years,

9/4/2019 11:05:10 PM #4

Posted By Barri at 11:51 PM - Wed Sep 04 2019

I'm as hostile as Undead Knights come, if you have a problem with it, I can introduce you to my spear so you can swiftly meet Myrkul, The Lord of Bones. Your weak mortal souls will become a smoothie for the God of the Dead.

You keep saying that yet when your group actually does PvP in games you get hammered?

9/4/2019 11:06:39 PM #5

Honestly Nanyetah, the aggressive stance was always expected to come around by the time DSS hit.

Communities at the kingdom, duchy, and even county level all have smaller communities within them, and they have been making their internal plans for a very long time at this point.

Any random unaffiliated title holder that comes along is a wrench in their plans, and causes turmoil that cascades down to every lower level. When you have a large number of community members looking at you as leadership, some level of backing is to be expected.

If for some reason, a full duchy that has been planning together for potentially years, playing other games together, working together, has one of their counts displaced by a foreign title holder, taking an aggressive stance toward said uninvited guest isn't all that strange.

9/5/2019 12:23:27 AM #6

Posted By Maulvorn at 5:05 PM - Wed Sep 04 2019

Posted By Barri at 11:51 PM - Wed Sep 04 2019

You keep saying that yet when your group actually does PvP in games you get hammered?

Your salty worship to Lord Myrkul has been duly noted.

9/5/2019 12:27:30 AM #7

Lord Mayor, does that mean that every duchy in every kingdom is going to do this here?

6D242B

9/5/2019 12:34:09 AM #8

I hope not, because that would get annoying in a hurry, and what of those who don't regularly check the forums?

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/5/2019 12:35:07 AM #9

Posted By Nanyetah at 8:27 PM - Wed Sep 04 2019

Lord Mayor, does that mean that every duchy in every kingdom is going to do this here?

Wouldn’t be surprised. Good to see no everyone is taking a hostile approach. Nobody wants randos but at least not everyone is going to declare immediate war on them.

9/5/2019 12:56:25 AM #10

Honestly Nanyetah, the aggressive stance was always expected to come around by the time DSS hit.

Communities at the kingdom, duchy, and even county level all have smaller communities within them, and they have been making their internal plans for a very long time at this point.

Any random unaffiliated title holder that comes along is a wrench in their plans, and causes turmoil that cascades down to every lower level. When you have a large number of community members looking at you as leadership, some level of backing is to be expected.

If for some reason, a full duchy that has been planning together for potentially years, playing other games together, working together, has one of their counts displaced by a foreign title holder, taking an aggressive stance toward said uninvited guest isn't all that strange.

This is very true but It's extremely pretentious and toxic behaviour. Get over yourselves. So glad i'm not on the Luna server because it seems to be full of narcissists. All three are from vornair. 1 of them is friendly, 1 is tolerable because its written in an RP frame of mind, the third just makes me roll my eyes. We really don't need to see a hundred duchy posts advising counts to effectively not pick their duchy.

9/5/2019 1:09:37 AM #11

Posted By Sir Zyr at 02:34 AM - Thu Sep 05 2019

and what of those who don't regularly check the forums?

I have a feeling they will have a rude awakening when they realize being a leader in CoE comes with real responsibilities that require a minimum of time and/or delegation. I'm not going to get into speculations about whether or not they can rally themselves and come up on top as responsible leader figures in the end, but if their ignorance end up displacing someone who is active within that community then they can't expect a community who has put their soul and heart into the game to sympathize.

In this regard you could say they've failed the first round of the political game and will have to deal with the fact that they are now an unwanted and unpopular element among their peers. Their make-up exam for this failing is to make a convincing appeal to their peers and come to an understanding. If they fail even that then they are better off without their titles anyway, so that they can play the game casually without consequences.

9/5/2019 2:05:01 AM #12

I declare hostility towards all foreign snowflakes!

9/5/2019 2:05:24 AM #13

I declare hostility towards all foreign snowflakes!

9/5/2019 2:12:58 AM #14

See, your armchair politics are just... Uninformed is the polite word. These declarations were made because there's already such large, existing communities that there really isn't the space for folks to just jump in without basic respect for the plans and enjoyment of others.

These have been built for years, and it has always welcomed new people. As members of a community. Someone too lazy or too inconsiderate to contribute in plans that have cost numerous people a lot of money and time building the community, even at the last possible minute?

Yeah, I want no part of them.

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

9/5/2019 2:18:08 AM #15

Posted By Holmgeirr_Havardr at 7:12 PM - Wed Sep 04 2019

See, your armchair politics are just... Uninformed is the polite word. These declarations were made because there's already such large, existing communities that there really isn't the space for folks to just jump in without basic respect for the plans and enjoyment of others.

These have been built for years, and it has always welcomed new people. As members of a community. Someone too lazy or too inconsiderate to contribute in plans that have cost numerous people a lot of money and time building the community, even at the last possible minute?

Yeah, I want no part of them.

Except this has always been a known risk and kings, dukes, and counts should have been able to anticipate it and make plans to compensate for it if things didn't go to plan.

That many apparently didn't is their fault, not the fault of the randoms, as far as I can tell.

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.