COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Kheg Khounty & Khegport Township

Kheg Khounty and the Town of Khegport

Set centrally in Kheg County along the river Kheg, outsiders tend to wonder about the names as if Kheg is special. Not to the insiders it isn't. What's special to them is the river itself that starts within Kheg County's borders and flows into the neighboring tropical wetlands. Over the ages, the faith and spirit along the river banks have cultivated a civilization based on the thrill of the chase and the spirit of competition that only a warrior could understand. The spirit birthed along the river flows through the steep mountain border and shared with the neighboring majority To'resk communities to the east.

Although tribes have lived along the banks for ages, the name is very new in contrast to the Feadin community that the river has poured life into for ages. The name Kheg may sound very foreign to a to'resk's ears and phonically it might even sound a bit harsh, but no more harsh than the river rapids that roar through Machete Gorge and crash against the small mountains that flank the rage far below.

It is this rage that brings me back to the river's name. The river's name sake, Kheg Ryph was a little man with a lot of rage of his own. Armed with a map and shrewd intellect, shallow Kheg Ryph made his way to the deep river that ran through the tropical rainforest. He made camp in an area he felt looked consistent to that of the red “X”.

This “X” was his newly purchased parcel and the name Ghostvenom was bestowed on it. Growth was rather slow because no one wanted to live near the narcissistic egomaniac, but just like the river he sat beside, Kheg meandered through nobility and eventually secured the position of Count of Kheg. It sounds like a fairytale come true, but for the citizens of Khegport, the nightmare was just getting started.

One thing county historians never fail to mention is the counts less than mediocre spelling ability because with this came the official title of “Khount of Khounty Kheg”. Historians then follow it up with mentioning the name of places in the town/county named by the khount himself. Khing's Khanyon and Khoda are most commonly mentioned. Coda which mean the end, was misunderstood by Kheg as the beginning and thus “Khoda” is on all maps at the beginning of Kheg River.

So just how did such a ornery and brash janoan become the first Khount of Khounty Kheg? The land became his oyster; not by vote, not by coupe, but rather the stipulation of a blackmail scheme and however embarrassing it was for the people to see “Kheg Khounty” forcibly displayed on all official kingdom literature, they became accustomed to it and eventually fond of it. This fondness carried over after the khount's mysterious death and thus the misspellings have stayed official. Two letters aren't much, but they set Kheg Khounty apart from all others, and it also gives outsiders a clue into the sometimes peculiar lifestyle of Kheg Khounty citizens.

Over the decades, Khegport township has been the epicenter of a bizarre mixture of pleasantry, intrigue, ghost stories and in the past – no thanks to Kheg Ryph -- obscene behavior...but the people of this town don't dwell on the past; they prepare for the future. Part of this future includes plans to become an engineering think-tank. Primarily a hunting town now, it features high ground that the town will use to bank on making higher education a big part of it's economy. Hunting along the river banks, or banking on education, you can't go wrong in Khegport.

Although Khount Kheg left a stain on a tranquil land, the figurative power of Kheg River was able to wash it all away. Life beside the river is harsh for most, but there is peacefulness provided by noisy parrots flocking in mountain mist. Mist brought forth by sweltering heat that only the arrogant janoan thrive in. The people of Khegport are aware that the mojo of the tropics can both soothe mann and break him in two, so they they tend to take things day by day in the jungle.

Thought to be ready for anything, the recent news of their duchy joining three others in declaring independence from the Kingdom of Kairos did raised some eyebrows however.

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

9/30/2019 9:13:18 PM #1

Very nice, I enjoyed your vision. :)

10/4/2019 8:24:13 PM #2

Much thanks Tarloch!

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.