COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
The White North War

Having received positive responses for my fair assessment of Arkadia, I decided to write up my assessment of another kingdom, allowing you guys a second opportunity to explore the inner workings of a brilliant mind.

The Absence of A Greater Purpose

Leaders of men generally posses certain characteristics that helps gain the respect of the people who follow. Perceptions of these leaders are subjective but a proven ability to lead helps secure their position as the commander of the community.

Leaders that are absent from their kingdoms affairs begin to lose support and increase their subjects desire to self-govern. In the case of Vazier, he is not absent from his kingdoms affairs but is absent from his community. An absence from the community leads to a loss of connection which in turn makes the people loyal to the King only by title. Not being able to know what your leaders goals are, what their thoughts are, who they are and how they feel causes followers to begin distancing themselves from the King who is now a far away figure that has some rights to this land.

The Absence of A Greater Community

Without community, there’s no sense of direction. While a loose community doesn’t necessarily lose trust within itself, a loose community feel no incentive or effort to build trust. Everybody now has their own goals, with the kingdoms goals not even being an afterthought, unlike in other kingdoms.

This potential for instability can be taken advantage of by an adversary. It’s not hard to plant the seeds of self-governance in an ambitious individual. Such actions can be made slightly easier when the individual doesn’t have a strong loyalty to the greater community in which he is supposed to serve.

Considering its size and its Kings absence, Demalion is the most likely kingdom to break out in civil war. Say what you will of Raziel, he is king material. Whether you love him or hate him, a community of that size is being held together by the King. The same cannot be said of Vaizer. He is not king material. The only factors that help keep the community together is its borders and its common enemy.

The Common Enemy Helps Prevent Instability

When there’s a common enemy, isolated communities have an incentive to work together. Ironically, conquering the enemy can have adverse affects on a large community that feel no loyalty to each other. When disagreements begin over territory and loot, it becomes harder to resolve among isolated communities. Friction builds when conquering army’s didn’t get what they felt they deserved. When the King steps in to meditate, he may find he doesn’t have the influence over his subjects as he thought he had. Without that strong loyalty to the King, the motive to fight for him and his kingdom is diminished.

It’s important that Demalion finds a common enemy early on, before isolated communities begin losing their loyalty to the kingdom. It can start as innocently as withholding coin, leading to corruption. Or taken to the extreme where a community or coalition of communities declare independence. The Kingdom of Tryggr will see this as the most attractive option as it weakens their adversary without engaging. Proxy wars are less expensive than all out war.

Without Direction, Men Descend

There has already been unrest in Brudvir territories with open declarations of disrespect to the King, which is preferably ignored by the wider kingdom as a whole in the hopes that it dies down. Again, no effort has been made to strengthen loyalty to the greater community. A King would see to this.

The Brudvir territories are very ideal for independence as it is a difficult terrain to fight in for all other tribes. Access to sea is also limited as the kingdom can only approach from one direction, leaving no room for surprise attacks. Even those who are loyal to the kingdom may feel inclined to join the fight for independence because of the proximity of rebellious army’s to their territory.

One cannot assume that those who don’t want independence won’t join the rebellious movement and likewise assume that those who do want independence will join the rebellious movement. There are other factors at stake. Their economic situation. Their proximity to the threat. Their personal loyalties.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

12/29/2019 10:56:25 PM #1

hey, want to do these but for Luna as well?

12/29/2019 11:22:19 PM #2

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 11:03 PM - Sun Dec 29 2019

We trashed you in that post. Your analysis are predictable and mostly out of place. Nobody really cares about it. Use your time for something more constructive.

if you don't care, why post?

12/30/2019 1:44:35 AM #3

I mean, I'm not going to read your analysis because I'm not on the server, but you shouldn't be bashed for making an analysis even if you hypothetically turn out to be wrong, or hypothetically your analysis is banal. I mean, not saying it is, but do what you want.

12/30/2019 10:09:42 AM #4

Analysis? Seems more like southern propaganda to me. :P

This was the first time that I heard about this Brudvir Independence movement. So I'm not sure if this is actually true.
I always thought Brudvir cooperate with Hrothi and others around the taiga.

An independent Brudvir taiga can mean much more raiding in the south.

Demalion has to do something right as we didn't lose any dukes and counts during landselection but instead gained more of them.

12/30/2019 11:12:02 AM #5

Posted By Turlorn at 10:09 AM - Mon Dec 30 2019

This was the first time that I heard about this Brudvir Independence movement. So I'm not sure if this is actually true.

Demalion has to do something right as we didn't lose any dukes and counts during landselection but instead gained more of them.

His words are based on truth

12/30/2019 11:43:53 AM #6

I’m not surprised this is the first time you’ve heard it. It’ll probably be the first time for many others in Demalion that aren’t informed of their own kingdoms affairs.

You seem to feel that dukes and counts staying in Demalion is more to do with their loyalty to the community than their desire for the tribe and/or biome they picked. If Vaizer announced that Demalion is going to change its pick to another region, how many would go with him?

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

12/30/2019 11:45:52 AM #7

Let him talk Turlorn...;)

People who want to actively take part in community building will do that - others don't. We'll get enough internal trouble for sure but as do all others. Let's not forget that the majority of players will join later on and don't give a damn about any kingdom.

12/30/2019 12:07:24 PM #8

Posted By Rellik at 12:12 PM - Mon Dec 30 2019

His words are based on truth

We lost you, so not all is true I think.

12/30/2019 12:43:29 PM #9

I agree with you, I never heard anything about it. This is clearly a plot from the 2 middle kingdom to destabilise Demalion. They fear to be trapped in between Arkadia and Demalion, so they start to play dirty now.

12/30/2019 12:48:33 PM #10

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 12:43 PM - Mon Dec 30 2019

I agree with you, I never heard anything about it. This is clearly a plot from the 2 middle kingdom to destabilise Demalion. They fear to be trapped in between Arkadia and Demalion, so they start to play dirty now.

Kekw

12/30/2019 12:50:05 PM #11

Do Al'Khezam next.

The comments are fun.

Coming Soon(tm)

12/30/2019 1:13:07 PM #12

Maybe we'll have the same kind of post for the other kingdoms ! That would be interesting.

12/30/2019 1:15:58 PM #13

DeMaLiOn hAs N0 KiNg :(

Count A. Greyforge; All hail Lady Firesmith best Hrothi EU West

12/30/2019 1:44:27 PM #14

Not the first and not the last person that tries to seed enmity. Independence will block merchants and battles will ruin ressources and kill NPC. The best for a flourishing world is to respect all races and religions to combine wisdom from everywhere. Brudvir, Hrothi, Kypiq and Neran lives in my hometown and even some Weard. Also others will be welcome.

House Pyrros

12/30/2019 4:35:52 PM #15

Everyone reading this stuff should decide for themselves what is truth, and what parts are lies.

Whatever it is, it is one persons(alts) opinion, and they have a right to post it, cause ya know, freedom of speech is a thing.

I don't expect any kingdom to come of looking good in their opinion. Cause where is the fun in that. No salt, means the popcorn doesn't taste half as good after all.

The Dutch have a saying. "Wie een hond wil slaan kan altijd wel een stok vinden" (Who wants to beat a dog, you can usually find a stick).