COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Should I but this game?

Dear users,

Could anyone explain in detail, or show me a youtube video that explains what the game is about in detail.

Kind regards Wz.

1/16/2020 11:56:01 PM #1

No one can because the company has still shown nothing. 0/10 would not recommend personally

1/17/2020 12:00:15 AM #2

@IamWz

I would recommend reviewing the information here:

FAQ Thread

It's a LOT of info, but covers about everything they have released regarding the game.

Do your research, evaluate their progress, make the best call you can.

Making an informed purchase is the best advice I can give right now.

Imgur

1/17/2020 12:04:17 AM #3

Hi welcome there. You find many videos in YouTube. I find that the videos from Electricbear are very informative.

1/17/2020 12:09:05 AM #4

Hi, I'll give explaining CoE a go.

First of all, there are a bunch of things about Chronicles of Elyria that are new and non-traditional concepts. In this game, your character ages and eventually dies permanently. But your "soul" (essentially your character slot in the character selection log in screen) preserves your progress by providing your next life additional "ramping" (or "EXP boosts"), so as you live more lives and do more skilling, you'll reach higher and higher skill mastery.

It's important to note here that Chronicles of Elyria uses a pay to play model, similar to subscriptions in other games, but ultimately somewhat cheaper and longer term (9+ months of play per spark). To activate a new life and start playing, you would need to purchase a Spark of Life. After that, you spark a soul in your character selection screen, and begin a new life. I highly recommend you look for the Design Journals on these subjects, whether it's through YouTube videos people have made or reading what the designers have posted up on the website.

I recommend you search: "ElectricBears Chronicles of Elyria" in YouTube. It's informative and chill.

So these core parts are the best starting point to demonstrate that Soulbound Studios is attempting to do something new and different, where your characters life means a lot more than it does in games like WoW or Ark.

Should you buy this game? Do u boo. Does this sound like something you'd like to play and support? Every bit of help counts, and contributes to a kind of revolution in gaming, with this community taking the role of the rebels, so we'd all be greatful. But you have plenty of time to consider it, it's no worries.

There's tonnes more to discuss about the entire game. Joining the Discord is a good idea, even just to see all the bits of content and conversation that are scattered throughout it. Definitely check out ElectricBears playlist on CoE!

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/17/2020 1:16:40 AM #5

Like Pendulum said The Discord channels help alot. Here is a link to the main one. https://discord.gg/chroniclesofelyria

1/17/2020 6:32:36 AM #6

The opinion of someone who has been here pretty much since the start, long before the kickstarter, and is fairly well invested over multiple accounts - no, do not invest in this gamble now, wait until there is a game to buy and then ask again. Now, if you like the concept and are willing to take an absolute 100% risk, if you are not worried about losing the money, but just want to contribute to what may or may not ever be, then sure. Either way, you will be waiting a good while to actually play it.

1/17/2020 8:58:12 AM #7

To put it simply you aren't buying a game, you are backing an idea. So to mirror what Marovec said. Do your own research, really dig deep. See if their ideas fit with what you want to see in such a game. If it does, back what you are 100% comfortable with losing.

3/23/2020 1:28:55 PM #8

If you wanna learn about the idea of the game, check wiki, youtube and the discord. There was a post with links to the basic infos here on the forum (I think from Serp ?)

Regarding a recommendation: It is basicially a dream you support. The release won´t be any time soon. So far all deadlines have been missed, often serveral times. In my opinion this project has alot of issues. So if you are looking for a game / an investment into entertainment without the risk of loosing all and getting zero in the end- I wouldn t recommend investing now

3/23/2020 2:05:10 PM #9

I agree with most of what is said here... Right now it is an investment in what I believe is a great idea. There's a bunch of info out on the ideas and principles that are the foundations of the game, and the community seems to be actively putting forward good ideas, and the devs seem to be listening. How much is lip-service, and how much is actually listened to/incorporated is anyone's guess, but I have faith in the community. (honestly most of playing an MMO, especially a sandbox, is the community... so i think this is a huge positive.)

Since there is no product yet, and I am more cash poor than the average person, I have been waiting till more comes out. they have begun play testing for the big investors, so it is reassuring that something is coming sometime. I will invest, but have yet to do so, because even the lower packs are $75, which is a decent amount for me to not get anything for possibly years.

3/23/2020 9:08:05 PM #10

In this modern age you may back anything you want on the net.

I do not know how many MMO´s i have backed during the years. If it sounds interesting, if it is something i really want to play and if i can afford it i help them (and myself).

I sometimes try and talk myself out of it, but honestly, i would spend the same amount of money on absolutely nothing important anyway.

I just realised i have no life.