COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Cannibalism

I was wondering if there was going to be a cannibal mechanic in COE? A disease of some sort, or perks of being cannibalistic.

6/25/2017 5:18:08 PM #1

Do you offer Greg? lol

6/25/2017 5:24:45 PM #2

No cannibalism. It wouldn't really make sense anyway, considering most of the time when you "die" you just need to make a trip through the spirit realm and re-enter your body.

I believe this was answered in a Q&A, but it may take me a few minutes to find it.

Edit: Not a Q&A, but this should help answer your question.

Posted By Caspian at 5:50 PM - Thu Sep 17 2015

As I said over IRC - there's no recipe that requires human body parts... however rituals are something else entirely.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/25/2017 5:44:34 PM #3

So far I heard negative on cannibalism but who knows it might go under some other name? This is all just speculation on my part ....

6/25/2017 6:09:01 PM #4

Don't the Dras eat the dead (decomposed animals?) lol not sure about human flesh! maybe a pvp mechanic eating their foes. time will tell

Count Dante Rhyne The Black Fox of Vornair

C61D9F

6/25/2017 6:14:37 PM #5

There's always cannibalism threads on every pre-launch game forums.

Don't understand the fascination with it myself.

6/25/2017 6:24:06 PM #6

Posted By CheshireGuevara at 8:14 PM - Sun Jun 25 2017

Yeah lmao, even Conan Exiles has cannibalism.

6/25/2017 6:41:32 PM #7

Most of what I've seen is a no on cannabalism, but as shown above it's not a firm "no way" from the devs.

Notes:

Dead bodies are able to be maimed (body parts removed).

While PCs won't "die" all that often, when NPCs die that's permadeath (NPC farming time).

While a recipe may not call for human, good chefs know how to substitute.

6/25/2017 11:06:42 PM #8

It's not gonna happen because the devs are going for a more "kid friendly" rating with the game, very much unlike games like Conan Exiles. Not too big of a fan of that myself, but eh it is what it is.

6/25/2017 11:11:13 PM #9

Posted By TheEvilBassist at 4:06 PM - Sun Jun 25 2017

It's not gonna happen because the devs are going for a more "kid friendly" rating with the game, very much unlike games like Conan Exiles. Not too big of a fan of that myself, but eh it is what it is.

Not entirely accurate. In an old Q&A, the developers said they were aiming for a high teen (not weed, cmon) rating.

BW: Alright. I got two more questions for you. The next to last question is from Kardaine. As far as combat and wounds go, what level of blood and gore will we see?

Caspian: Not a lot, but we’re not minimizing it intentionally. You’re gonna take wounds and there’ll be blood. We don’t allow maiming. There’s no long-term cutting off of limbs or anything like that. We’re not trying for a Mature rating here. At the same time, we’re not trying for Teen either. So if we add a little bit more blood and gore to it and it ends up pushing it into the M-rating, we’re okay with that. But, at the same time, we’re gonna do it just for the wow-factor. I, particularly, am not one that likes seeing the blood and gore just for the sake of having the blood and gore. I feel like it should be there for a reason. There you go.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/25/2017 11:57:12 PM #10

Posts like these remind me that some people just wanna watch the world burn.... XD

7/7/2017 12:34:23 PM #11

I'd like to see a skill boost from there highest skill when u eat someone. Or something like that. Or some perk.

7/7/2017 1:40:05 PM #12

Posted By CheshireGuevara at 1:14 PM - Sun Jun 25 2017

I've been super curious as to why we're getting so many of these.. Guess I haven't been around many prelaunches, is this really a common concern? O.o

kypiq

7/7/2017 2:15:25 PM #13

Posted By Chloet at 06:40 AM - Fri Jul 07 2017

I've been super curious as to why we're getting so many of these.. Guess I haven't been around many prelaunches, is this really a common concern? O.o

It's a common benchmark in the minds of many people.

When you tell new tabletop RPG players they can do anything, chances are they are going to try and kill the quest giver/first guard they find to "test" that statement.

When you promise people an open world RPG where killing guards is definitely part of the game, we start cycling through taboos in-order of severity, the first being cannibalism.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/7/2017 2:44:21 PM #14

When you tell new tabletop RPG players they can do anything, chances are they are going to try and kill the quest giver/first guard they find to "test" that statement.

When you promise people an open world RPG where killing guards is definitely part of the game, we start cycling through taboos in-order of severity, the first being cannibalism.

Posted By Corin at 09:15 AM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Ah, I suppose that makes sense.. Just looking to hit the wall and see how large the room is, then.

kypiq

7/7/2017 4:02:50 PM #15

Posted By Corin at 10:15 AM - Fri Jul 07 2017

We've already gone through a couple of them. Cannibalism, incest, polygamy, slavery, and mutilation have all been asked of the devs. It's a litmus test for how far your 'freedom' actually goes.