COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-EAST] The Skulk Guard

History and Formation

The Skulk Guard are the most elite and revered force in the Kingdom of Vornair. These are the chosen protectors of the High King, the High Queen, and their kin. They are tight-knit force that has proven their worth to the Rhynes for a great many years. They are loyal to a fault, clever, quick both in wit and in reflex, and yet some of the most demented beings in Elyria.

Prior to being the Skulk Guard, they were known simply as The Skulk. The first Skulk were berserkers within Clan Rhyne, gladly willing to bear any pain to protect their kin, where blood only sent them further into frenzy and frothy rage keenly aimed at their enemies. They have forever been charged with the protection of themselves and the head of their household.

With the added responsibility of running not only their tribe, but now an entire Kingdom and the expansion of the capital city to encourage the cooperation of so many clans of such different peoples, The Skulk had to adapt. They sought out some of the most fabled warriors in history: unknown assassins, legendary rangers, unrelenting warriors, and learned their techniques. With these added skillsets, the Skulk Guard was forged. Still charged with protecting the Rhyne kin and the head of their household, the Skulk Guard took a new approach. They now blend with their environments, with the many people of Vornair, as though just another citizen. They engage assassins and hidden threats to their kin.

Lightly armored and armed with weapons never before seen in others' hands, The Skulk Guard ride at the vanguard with their King as he rides into battle. They crush and slaughter all foes in their path, channeling their berserker rage into newfound techniques. Those not crushed quickly succumb to grievous festering wounds. Those who try to dishonorably run from the fight are mercilessly brought down by pin-point placed arrows.

They are a devastating force on the battlefield, and a deadly and efficient force at home. Adaptable, exceptional, and fierce.

Chain of Command and Unit Make up

Corsac

The Corsac is always a Rhyne selected by the previous Corsac generation after generation. He or she leads the Skulk Guard and remains ever vigilant at the High King’s side. This is one of two members who will ever be seen in public as Skulk. The Corsac is expected to issue orders to the Skulk Guard, and ensure their menn and womenn are trained and ever present in all things.

Lycalopex

The Lycalopex is always a Rhyne selected by the previous Lycalopex generation after generation. He or she leads the Skulk Guard and remains ever vigilant at the High Queen's side. This is one of two members who will ever be seen in public as Skulk. The Lycalopex is expected to issue orders to the Skulk Guard, and ensure their menn and womenn are trained and ever present in all things.

Dusicyon

The Dusicyon make up the bulk of the Skulk Guard. These are the menn and womenn that have passed their trials, and completed their training in techniques and conditioning. They are proven, loyal, clever, quick witted and reflexed, and yet slightly demented. These menn and womenn are the pride of Clan Rhyne and though seldom seen by the public, are respected and have the highest confidence of the leaders of the Kingdom of Vornair.

Footpad

A footpad is a no one. They are nothing. They are putty to be reformed and made into the best form they can be… if they can survive the trials and their training.

Benefits

The benefits of being a Skulk is simple. Training unavailable to anyone else, anywhere else. Camaraderie between some of the most interesting players you will likely meet in this game. Housing is provided for the Skulk member themselves, however, they are encouraged to have their own house and family though those are not provided to them. A wage will be provided to the Skulk Guard. Armor, weapons, disguises, and the like will all be provided to those that make the cut to be Skulk. Serve long enough in the Skulk Guard and see yourself awarded with land. If the Skulk become instrumental in capturing land in war they will be granted land and titles that were earned by them either to themselves or to their family. Additionally, you have the ears and support of the High King and High Queen directly. There is very little more valuable than that.

Qualifications to Join

We are looking for dedicated, hardcore PvPers, who value what we value and want to see this Kingdom and its leaders succeed at any cost. These individuals must have a wealth of PvP experience, theory crafting experience, have a great feel and desire to play assassin type games, be creative in their approach to gaming, and earn the respect and trust of the High King, the High Queen, the Corsac, the Lycalopex, and every single Dusicyon in the Skulk to become a Footpad. If that wasn’t enough, the trials truly begin at that point, you will be tested, beaten, every Skulk member will know your strengths, your weaknesses, and will mold you to correct both gameplay mistakes and correct combat techniques. This entire time they will be judging your progress, judging your drive, and your personality. At any point, if any of the aforementioned individuals recommends your dismissal, you will be dismissed. If you survive and pass the trials, consider yourself family. The Skulk will protect you just as much as you protect it.

Contact Information

If you have any questions or wish to join please contact me via Forum PMs, or hop into our Kingdom Discord and contact Baron Haervy Rhyne, Thane Dante Rhyne, High King Evelake Rhyne I, or High Queen Lagertha Rhyne.

10/12/2016 10:57:42 PM #1

Skulk Guard for the win

Count Dante Rhyne The Black Fox of Vornair

C61D9F

3/13/2017 7:55:54 PM #2

This sounds and looks interesting =o can just anyone join or is there some test/trial?

Myrkul is always with us...

3/17/2017 4:16:20 PM #3

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2lazy41

3/21/2017 3:30:10 PM #4

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you, sir, are an empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3/21/2017 3:58:27 PM #5

This group will start out with only people I trust and have played games with in my previous communities. Anyone interested in joining from the CoE community will have to be trialed in game. Typically we will pull from my city guard into the Skulk as trust is earned.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

3/21/2017 5:09:48 PM #6

I'd def be down to be part of Skulk. The hooded assassin look appeals greatly to me as that is my planned aesthetic. Who knows, maybe I'll go with a rogue-ish play style but this, sir, is definitely intriguing!

5/27/2017 12:30:04 AM #7

Please move to Luna Organization

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne