COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
How would one join an existing family?

I recall seeing a few Households in the recruitment forum asking for new family members. Now, I'm not saying that I'm interested in joining or not, but I do wonder how exactly you accomplish this? Are you given some kind of code to insert when the game first releases or would you join with a pledged account before the game comes out? Just a bit confused, since I haven't found a clear answer.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/6/2017 8:47:37 PM #1

Each child comes with a code (when) closed. This means the child won't show up on creation for the general public but if your friend gives you the code boom you are the child.

Now if someone leaves their child "open" soneone looking for a family with your tribe/skill/location specifics can join as the open child.

8/6/2017 10:12:08 PM #2

Posted By Malais at 3:47 PM - Sun Aug 06 2017

Each child comes with a code (when) closed. This means the child won't show up on creation for the general public but if your friend gives you the code boom you are the child.

Now if someone leaves their child "open" soneone looking for a family with your tribe/skill/location specifics can join as the open child.

So if one were to recruit different players into their household, would they need to first have children before accepting members? It'd kinda suck if this was the only method, since it'd mean you'd have to wait a while for your friend to establish himself and have children.

Any idea whether you could adopt your friend's pre-created character?

Ehhh.

8/6/2017 10:21:18 PM #3

The world exists long before we arrive in the scene. Each player will join an existing family. Some with siblings some with children of their own (called NTCs).

During expo players with bloodline and up packages will join and build out the world prior to actual launch. By the time the general population arrives there will be quite a few families to choose from.

Unless you start as a ward of the state you don't "create" a character. You pick an NPC already alive in the world with your chosen skills/stats and then get to alter their appearance within the constraints of their family genetics.

8/6/2017 10:26:09 PM #4

Alright, that makes a reasonable amount of sense. Thanks man.

Ehhh.