COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vitalis Seminar 4 - Tribes and Biomes - Sat, May 12th

We had a great turnout for the first, second, and third Mayor Seminars. We enjoyed making and sharing these so much we want to continue with a seminar on Tribes and Biomes. (and even more seminars after that!)

Since Map Selection is coming soon this seminar will go over what is known about the Tribes of Mann and the Biomes within Elyria. Such as which benefits each Tribe posses to how Biomes may be seeded and more.

Come join us in the Vitalis Discord on April 28th from 3-4 PM EST to attend. A Q&A session will happen after the presentation which is a great place to meet other Elyrians and hang out.

Vitalis Discord

5/7/2018 4:24:48 PM #1

I'll be there for sure when you start talking about Dras/Neran/Brudvir

But I may have to cover my ears when the conversation leads to the little people races.

5/7/2018 4:29:25 PM #2

Since this is such a complex subject with limited comprehensive knowledge, perhaps it would be best to have questions ahead of time. This would allow the presenters to research the subject and find answers from Caspian/Snipehunter/Vye and the rest of SBS.

For example, which races are designed to use traditional metal-oriented blacksmithing and which races are focused on using other resources for things like weapons/armor/ect?

5/7/2018 4:33:31 PM #3

Exciting topic! I will be there.

5/7/2018 4:36:07 PM #4

Posted By Endamaren at 09:29 AM - Mon May 07 2018

Since this is such a complex subject with limited comprehensive knowledge, perhaps it would be best to have questions ahead of time. This would allow the presenters to research the subject and find answers from Caspian/Snipehunter/Vye and the rest of SBS.

For example, which races are designed to use traditional metal-oriented blacksmithing and which races are focused on using other resources for things like weapons/armor/ect?

That is a great idea. Everyone should feel free to post their questions regarding Tribes and Biomes here and we'll do our best to address them.

5/7/2018 5:09:34 PM #5

Posted By Endamaren at 6:29 PM - Mon May 07 2018

I really like this idea. So here goes: Will the bonusses of certain tribes outweigh the more broadly/general orientated tribes or is the ability to operate on a moderate level overall more beneficient? Perhaps a difficult question with too many variables but nonetheless an interesting point for discussion.

5/7/2018 9:51:27 PM #6

Each of the tribes has its own terminology for the hierarchy of the nobility. If our domains have multiple tribes, which flavor of titles is used? For instance, if I am a Kypiq running a town of Neran and Kypiq which title do I go by? Baron or Keeper? If its a town full of random tribes, do we go with a generic title of Baron or Mayor (which is technically Neran) or can we choose amongst the titles recognized by our people? Or is it just based on our race regardless of the makeup of our community?

5/8/2018 3:30:51 PM #7

I'm very interested in The Waerd.

Especially in those Waerd living "openly" amongst the Non-Waerd.

How are they viewed by the majority tribes? Are they like the Greek tutors and gladiators in Rome? Or the Humans in the original Planet of the Apes Movies? Or something in between depending on the tribe in question?

Are they a novelty? "Oh look, It's one of them. How interesting"

As a status symbol? "Daddy was going to get us a Waerd, but they are so expensive."

As an oddity? "Honey come look. It's one of those Waerd people."

With suspicion? "You can never trust their kind, you know."

Or with general indifference? "Ah, you seen one Waerd, you seen them all."

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

5/8/2018 7:17:58 PM #8

That is an interesting question Kajoreh, especially since it can change depending on reactions with other players as well. Is the question more focused on the lore or how NPCs react rather than the players?

5/8/2018 8:44:31 PM #9

Great question Kajoreh! I find the waerd fascinating and a bit intimidating mechanically.

5/10/2018 9:31:42 PM #10

Posted By kajoreh at 08:30 AM - Tue May 08 2018

I'm very interested in The Waerd.

How are they viewed by the majority tribes? Are they like the Greek tutors and gladiators in Rome? Or the Humans in the original Planet of the Apes Movies? Or something in between depending on the tribe in question?

Yes, that is a great question. It is out of scope for what I can cover, but something we should discuss in the Q/A after. I am also curious how other players view the Waerd.

5/12/2018 6:15:51 PM #11

ty for doing these :)

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

5/13/2018 8:55:39 PM #12

I just recently was able to watch the past Seminars over the last few days. I found them to be a very interesting watch. When will this Seminar be uploaded to Youtube if it will be uploaded.

5/17/2018 10:53:56 PM #13

In case you miss the Seminar. Here is the recording:

4th Vitalis Seminar