COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
2nd Mayor Seminar

Thanks to the great turnout for the first Mayor Seminar, we're moving the second one up a week. This time we'll show a great way to define your city's identity. A workshop on creating Flags, Seals, and Family Crests. The event is hosted by the Duchy of Vitalis and is open to everyone. Afterwards stick around on the Discord for the Q/A and Mayor's Networking Event.

Come join us on Discord Saturday April 7th from 3-4 PM EST

And stay tuned for future seminars as we continue to delve into City creation and management.

Vitalis Discord

Here is the YouTube recording of the Seminar for those who missed it:

2nd Mayor Seminar YouTube

These are the links to the resources we covered.

Roman Mars' Flag Design Ted Talk

Paint.net

Paint.net PhotoShip Plugin

Good Flag / Bad Flag PDF

Fonts

dafont

1001 fonts

Heraldry

SCA College of Arms Heraldry

More Coats of Arms

Artists

[email protected]

Discord @Kobikai8352

Thank you to everyone who helps out or attends, this Seminar Series is turning out better than I had ever hoped.

3/22/2018 8:10:43 AM #1

Flags are a very important part of our society.

Man I might not have that day off, I'll be disappointed if I'm working. :c Oh well. If I don't make it, good luck! I loved the first one. You're a fantastic lecturer, Londo. :D

3/22/2018 4:49:32 PM #2

As an amateur student of English heraldry I'll be interested in seeing your conclusions. Though of course, I understand the elements of design for armourial achievements and flags while similar are different.

In the spirit of completeness I wrote a thing for Nirath's internal newspaper on heraldry, feel free to use it if you find it of any worth

Coming Soon(tm)

3/22/2018 5:24:25 PM #3

Posted By chipla at 09:49 AM - Thu Mar 22 2018

As an amateur student of English heraldry I'll be interested in seeing your conclusions. Though of course, I understand the elements of design for armourial achievements and flags while similar are different.

In the spirit of completeness I wrote a thing for Nirath's internal newspaper on heraldry, feel free to use it if you find it of any worth

I'd love to discuss heraldry with you, or hear your thoughts during the Q/A. This workshop will focus on basic design elements and symbols and I aim to pass on a few tools and tricks. However it won't go into Medieval Heraldry (I'm not versed enough in that to do it justice).

3/22/2018 7:24:14 PM #4

Heyo!

I really enjoyed the first Mayor Seminar and it gave interesting perspectives to all the mayors of my county. ^^ I'd love to attend this next one--I hope to at least!

It's a bit too early for me to say, but I know it'll be as good as the first and I wish you guys luck with it in case I do miss it!

May Fortuna smile upon us.

3/22/2018 7:48:18 PM #5

Sadly, I missed the seminar. I work Saturdays. Is there somewhere were I could read what was said or even just the highlights?

3/22/2018 9:59:32 PM #6

Great first Mayor Seminar I cant wait for the second!

3/22/2018 10:34:38 PM #7

Nice, the first was great.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/22/2018 10:38:30 PM #8

Posted By RedDoggybone at 12:48 PM - Thu Mar 22 2018

Sadly, I missed the seminar. I work Saturdays. Is there somewhere were I could read what was said or even just the highlights?

I am still working on a final edited copy of the seminar, but Gorawyn was kind enough to record and share this one. It missed the first 5 minutes but should work for now. Please pardon a few breaks as we handled technical hiccups. The edited version will clean those up and we expect less trouble during the Flag, Crest, and Seal Workshop

YouTube of First Mayor Seminar

3/27/2018 4:31:47 PM #9

In what way does everyone believe 'tribes' will influence their crests, flags, seals, and heraldry? Does anyone feel concerned about possibly alienating other 'tribes' in their town/city?

3/27/2018 11:35:08 PM #10

Posted By Londo at

Thanks to the great turnout for the first Mayor Seminar, we're moving the second one up a week. This time we'll show a great way to define your city's identity. A workshop on creating Flags, Seals, and Family Crests. The event is hosted by the Duchy of Vitalis and is open to everyone. Afterwards stick around on the Discord for the Q/A and Mayor's Networking Event.

And stay tuned for future seminars as we continue to delve into City creation and management.

Vitalis Discord

What is the link we will use for this meeting? I really would love to attend.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

3/28/2018 12:39:39 AM #11

Posted By Londo at 6:38 PM - Thu Mar 22 2018

Posted By RedDoggybone at 12:48 PM - Thu Mar 22 2018

I am still working on a final edited copy of the seminar, but Gorawyn was kind enough to record and share this one. It missed the first 5 minutes but should work for now. Please pardon a few breaks as we handled technical hiccups. The edited version will clean those up and we expect less trouble during the Flag, Crest, and Seal Workshop

YouTube of First Mayor Seminar

Wow, thanx a lot.

3/28/2018 4:04:47 AM #12

Posted By DonovanDeCarrefour at 7:35 PM - Tue Mar 27 2018

Posted By Londo at

Vitalis Discord

What is the link we will use for this meeting? I really would love to attend.

They have a dedicated channel for the meetings in the discord linked above.

I attended the first meeting, and I fully intend to join the second as well :)

Friend Code: B8ADDD

3/29/2018 1:11:53 AM #13

Can't wait for the second one. In the first one, you went over recruiting a bit but I would definitely like to hear more about ideas for recruitment outside the CoE community.

3/31/2018 5:14:40 PM #14

Posted By Gorawyn at 02:11 AM - Thu Mar 29 2018

Can't wait for the second one. In the first one, you went over recruiting a bit but I would definitely like to hear more about ideas for recruitment outside the CoE community.

Just don't get yourself banned from the Kingdom Come: Deliverance reddit for recruitment posts and you're golden ^^

Also can't wait for the second meeting so I can meet other people who worry about their logo not being pretty enough.

3/31/2018 6:44:59 PM #15

As a new member of vitalis I will try to be there. If not i will definantly watch the video.

Friend code 53C403