COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
EU-W County open to EP landowners

Kingdoms I support

Check out these fine examples of kingdoms who are actively recruiting, have significant numbers of players on board and are king-backed:

I am also affiliated with Terenia, a large group of EU nobility.

The down voting should reflect a count of disgruntled nirath members. They really are that petty they will take offense at anyone not joining them and go down vote their threads. Do look into the kingdoms above though - they are big, well managed and very viable choices.

New County - Open to all, including landowners.

County Aims

First and foremost, this project was started as a means to provide a safehaven for EP backers, without threat of bullying or later taxation. If you have a profession kit with a plot of land included, it will start out tax free. Many counts plan to cash in on those and impose later taxes. I don't have any plans to do so. Call it an incentive for people who want to help fund the game.

I will actively allocate land to encourage the growth of settlements.

Those wishing to lead a more secluded life, I will respect also. Simply post what you want to achieve and your personal dream for the game, and I'll aim to make it happen.

Security and war

First and foremost, the county needs to be secure, both internally and from threats further afield. This in mind, this county will be "near a kingdom border". I will pick the strongest location available that meets geographic requirements detailed below. I do not wish to expose the county to threats from afield so will select carefully. It will be close enough to warrant a local army and support from the duchy, improving it's ability to assist in conflicts, but also to protect the citizens from threats externally and internally. I will aim NOT to have much border with neighboring kingdoms however

I will select a Keep for my barony to ensure I can help to maintain the local peace. From there on, I will grow the local forces. Not only will they serve to protect the local border, but also the rest of the county. If there are other geographic areas of strategic value on the border, I will establish military posts there too, and back the growth of the kingdom and duchy. Troops and military might will be split among several locations to increase troop response times and availability, as well as helping to ensure there is no treachery towards the county or kingdom.

If your interest is in treason, this is not the place for you. While the local armies offer security, I will actively use them to bring down any internal threats. The strength of the host kingdom is key to the strength of the county itself.

Around my keep, I aim to gradually develop a fortified walled capital to offer a measure of security for local farmers and keep the settlement reasonably self sufficient. Close to the borders of other kingdoms, in times of peace it should act as a significant trading hub.

Further back from the city, in relative safety, settlements should be able to develop and thrive in safety. Lookouts, patrols and small guard posts will be found at settlements and roads periodically.

If you're a planned criminal, you may find local law extremely unforgiving, and soldiers very efficient at dealing with threats. Guard captains and officials will be encouraged to take up forensic skills to supplement their abilities and ease identification of criminals in the region.

Being close enough to the kingdoms borders to lend aid, residents will be openly encouraged to lend aid to the kingdom's defense and expand it's influence, obviously limited to enemies defined by the kingdom. To aid in this purpose, if you're looking to take up arms for the benefit of the kingdom and need a helping hand, approach one of the resident nobles. An advantage of EP plots is increased personal funding which may be used to supply would be warriors with an edge against enemies.

Geography and Location

I plan to select a large coastal county. Ensuring the safety of the county is paramount, but if players wish to engage in warfare, I need to be close enough for them to do so and expand the kingdom. This will create opportunities for local players to make a name, and perhaps gain new ranks in the process.

There should be at least one significant development on the coast. When shipbuilding is developed, this will develop into a major trading port.

I will provision for troops and encourage defenses throughout the county. There will be no crime hot spots.

Nature and Views

The county should be a beautiful place. There should be a coastline, and beautiful sweeping views. I don't plan to release plots everywhere at random, so you will still find reasonable distance between most towns, with unspoilt countryside views.

Woods should remain mostly dense, no doubt housing the odd hermit or weary travellers rest alongside the darkened roadsides. Small mining settlements should be found dotted around, under the watchful eye of local forts.

Roads, Infrastructure

Settlements should mostly be connected via roads. If you plan to develop a new settlement, simply discuss it and we'll plan to do it as efficiently as we can.

I'll release the odd plot along forest roads, small clusters near mountains or hills, and others nearer to cities for those with an interest in rural hamlets.

If you have other requirements, simply ask.

EP Plots and Player Value

Many vocal counts appear to be entirely unsupportive of their Barons and potential EP backers.

I'm moving up to count so am entirely familiar with the doubts they raise.

In short, I will respect the tax free status of EP plots. It's your ancestral right and it will not be removed by my hand.

Why would I commit to this? Because quite simply I dont see this as the "Count game". It's about all of us.

Players add great value, potentially becoming far more skilled and powerful in the longer term than NPC counterparts.

If your tax status allows your influence and business to grow more rapidly, my county benefits from a surge in supply. My county becomes better fed, growing faster, better armed and more capable. Your strength is my strength.

I will not deny roads or services in a discriminatory fashion.

Professions and Leaders

If you have goals, either in developing a new village, or establishing a wealthy empire or simply a successful business, you will find me supportive.

A county is a significant space and I encourage diversity in professions. There will be two or more core locations in the county with guaranteed public crafting stations at any one time.

Below I will periodically detail projects planned, professions being dedicated to, and forum names.

If you spot empty headers, there is quite simply no one in the county planning to make a name for themselves for that profession.

If you're undecided about what profession to pursue but want to stand out as unique, look for those headers!

Vacancies

Accepting any residents. Simply discuss your plans below.

In addition, I'm looking for anyone who wants to work towards being a local expert in any of the following professions. Please do not list more than 2. Splitting your time too far is unlikely to make you an expert:

• Explorer
  • Herbalist
  • Hunter
  • Miner
  • Lumberjack
  • Papermaker
  • Farmer
  • Prospector
  • Merchant
  • Blacksmith
  • Tailor
  • Leatherworker
  • Cartographer
  • Scribe
  • Mason
  • Tinkerer
  • Carpenter
  • Artist
  • Cook
  • Alchemist
  • Candlemaker
  • Glass Blower
  • Fletcher

Anonymity / Notes

If you prefer to speak via message, feel free to do so - some prefer this to forum posts. There are currently up to 10 likely recruits leading up to release, 3 being close family, in addition to multiple allied neighbors.

If you're a member of nirath, please down vote this to show your maturity.

US Players:

If you're playing in NA, "Polite" is a Duke with the same philosophy towards EP plot holders. Drop him a message.

11/14/2016 10:43:14 PM #1

That makes me sad I'm in America right now.

I would so join you.

11/14/2016 10:59:17 PM #2

Dear old friend as Royal Treasurer for the Kingdom of Terenia feel free to talk to us if you are not part of a Kingdom or if you are already part of a group if I read it wrong I apologise.

I am happy if you decided to not tax EP landowners.

contact us here

11/14/2016 10:59:52 PM #3

Posted By randys22 at 10:43 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

That makes me sad I'm in America right now.

I would so join you.

Thanks ;) I'm sure there's a decent count in the US fighting your corner too. Just seems there's an angry and very vocal few opposing freedoms for players.

11/14/2016 11:01:46 PM #4

Posted By Zultra at 10:59 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

Dear old friend as Royal Treasurer for the Kingdom of Terenia feel free to talk to us if you are not part of a Kingdom or if you are already part of a group if I read it wrong I apologise.

contact us here

Already planned ;)

Just stepping up from Baron. Seems like the easiest way to really open up doors for EP backers. Hopefully will encourage people over here to commit that little bit more without fear.

11/14/2016 11:02:44 PM #5

Posted By Oracle at 11:01 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

Posted By Zultra at 10:59 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

contact us here

Already planned ;)

Just stepping up from Baron. Seems like the easiest way to really open up doors for EP backers. Hopefully will encourage people over here to commit that little bit more without fear.

What group you in dear friend?

11/14/2016 11:07:47 PM #6

I was planned to be a Baron with SirSalsa. With the step up, I'll most likely be a neighbour ;)

11/14/2016 11:08:52 PM #7

I wholeheartedly support this philosophy, many players I feel want to contribute to bettering the land they settle in so a lack of taxes from this EP land is not necessarily a weakness, rather being a leader who is open to working with and encouraging your players is a strength.

I will also shamelessly plug that I am a duke on NA-West and my county will also support this approach to EP land taxation :)

11/14/2016 11:09:54 PM #8

Posted By Oracle at 11:07 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

I was planned to be a Baron with SirSalsa. With the step up, I'll most likely be a neighbour ;)

Join us dear friend we have a number of pledged Counts with similar ideals, join us and we will be free!

More information

11/14/2016 11:33:57 PM #9

A great post and a great idea. I hope to speak to you soon.

11/15/2016 6:12:26 AM #10

Posted By Polite at 11:08 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

I wholeheartedly support this philosophy, many players I feel want to contribute to bettering the land they settle in so a lack of taxes from this EP land is not necessarily a weakness, rather being a leader who is open to working with and encouraging your players is a strength.

I will also shamelessly plug that I am a duke on NA-West and my county will also support this approach to EP land taxation :)

Thats great to hear. That in mind, I'd drop Randys22 a note. See above ;)

11/15/2016 6:18:05 AM #11

Posted By Thoras at 11:33 PM - Mon Nov 14 2016

A great post and a great idea. I hope to speak to you soon.

I look forward to it;)

11/15/2016 7:03:21 AM #12

Oracle I would just like to say that your reasoning is disrespectful to those who didn't agree with you and using that as political capital is dishonest, you're argument is that taxing EP landowner being a prejudice to them cause they paid money for it, but it could easily be turned around saying that not taxing EP land owners would be a prejudice to all those who didn't have the money to buy a plot of land.

Now I really do hope you will treat every citizen in your county equally and have everyone be free of land taxes as I feel it's the responsibility of leader to be fair and not give an unfair advantage to the hand full (made the maths there will be around 6 non-noble per duchy during expo if all distributed evenly) who had the RL funds to buy a plot of land.

and If you do plan that I do hope you will find a duke who will not mind receiving fewer taxes from you than from your fellow counts and who will still inject as much money into your baronies to keep your people safe.

on that point I'll wish you a nice day I'm tired I'll be going to bed. good night

11/15/2016 7:25:03 AM #13

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 07:03 AM - Tue Nov 15 2016

Oracle I would just like to say that your reasoning is disrespectful to those who didn't agree with you and using that as political capital is dishonest, you're argument is that taxing EP landowner being a prejudice to them cause they paid money for it, but it could easily be turned around saying that not taxing EP land owners would be a prejudice to all those who didn't have the money to buy a plot of land.

Now I really do hope you will treat every citizen in your county equally and have everyone be free of land taxes as I feel it's the responsibility of leader to be fair and not give an unfair advantage to the hand full (made the maths there will be around 6 non-noble per duchy during expo if all distributed evenly) who had the RL funds to buy a plot of land.

and If you do plan that I do hope you will find a duke who will not mind receiving fewer taxes from you than from your fellow counts and who will still inject as much money into your baronies to keep your people safe.

on that point I'll wish you a nice day I'm tired I'll be going to bed. good night

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I find the aggressive nature of some counts discouraging to potential backers and very disrespectful to boot. If players help to back the game and wish to manage a handful of plots themselves, it seems a perfectly reasonable request to me. One which I will fully support. As a player, having your own dreams or aspirations certainly isn't something that warrants persecution and threat. This game isn't just about counts. It's about everyone.

Edit: Welcome to the exciting world of politics. I hate politics...

11/15/2016 8:17:41 AM #14

I, for one, think that this is a good concept. And it's certainly nice to see more people looking to settle on EU-West. :) I feel like we're gonna have a nice community there, and Counties like yours will definitely be a big part of it. I don't see this as a platform to attack other nobility/aristocrats, but simply a good plan to draw in people with different playstyles. Wealth is one thing, but your County will certainly be richer from that. No harm done in letting people know you don't simply look at them as income or a force of labor, and that you won't simply use them as canon fodder in a conflict scenario.

11/15/2016 10:49:12 AM #15

Posted By TheEvilBassist at 08:17 AM - Tue Nov 15 2016

I, for one, think that this is a good concept. And it's certainly nice to see more people looking to settle on EU-West. :) I feel like we're gonna have a nice community there, and Counties like yours will definitely be a big part of it. I don't see this as a platform to attack other nobility/aristocrats, but simply a good plan to draw in people with different playstyles. Wealth is one thing, but your County will certainly be richer from that. No harm done in letting people know you don't simply look at them as income or a force of labor, and that you won't simply use them as canon fodder in a conflict scenario.

Sentiment appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, cannon fodder seems to sum up some outlooks, but this game isn't simply the "Count" game for most of us. Counties should draw players in, encourage them to find their niche, develop and grow. They shouldnt serve as prisons to stifle creativity or chain wealth with excessive tax. I want new players joining the county to tell their mates about the land they own, their smithies or farms, the amazing work they do, the npcs that work for them etc. I don't want them to tell their mates the games a fix, they slog away for nothing on orders while the oppressive local count bosses them around. Wheres the fun or incentive in that? :)