COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
[NA-W]City of Braenaroch

TOKEN RAFFLE LIVE!

Collected Tokens so far: 4

Braenaroch, Trade City of Aranor

Braenaroch is a massive project of my design, that aims to make life better for all. The city welcomes all walks of life, in an effort to grow the city into a major hub, both economically and culturally. We are very welcoming to any and all guilds, and will sponsor you both through the Rìoghail Tradeway, and provide you with a guild hall to operate out of within the city. Independent, there is only struggle and competition. Uniting under guild banners, there is cooperation and prosperity.

Guilds

The city is proud to host many guilds, and constantly looking for more. If you run a guild, joining is simple and provides many benefits. For crafters and merchants, you'll have access to my trade networks, which will be multi-national - providing the best opportunity for trade. For mercenaries and soldiers, caravans will pay good coin for guards, and it's a perfect way to see the world without being lugged around by a standing army.

Currently the city is hosting divisions of:

Headquarters of the Grunwald Trading Co.

Knight's Armaments

Mayoltva Ro Deva Shay

The Holy Church of Melonism

The Rìoghail Tradeway

And looking for more!

Trade

The primary focus of the city is trade. As such, it is the pinnacle of the Rìoghail Tradeway. Trade is done on an international scale, regardless of kingdom.

Architecture

As the appointed Grand Builder within the kingdom of Aranor, this city will stand as a shining example of not just our prosperity, but that of the whole kingdom. Impenetrable walls, and mighty towers. Temples of marble, and streets paved with the finest brick. We will not just be a hub of commerce, but also culture.

Guard Force

Gotta show some love for the PvPers, and every city needs guards. Being the guards in the city will provide you with a steady pay rate, can be done either while online or as opc, and gives you the opportunity to fight bandits and invaders at a regular basis. Someone's gotta keep crime off the road, might as well get paid to do it. Armor and weapons will be provided as standard issue, as well as a barracks and rations.

Sabaid Arena

Live for the fight? Test your mettle in the arena. The Sabaid Arena offers those wishing to engage in PvP both a legal and entertaining way to do so, with rewards to the victor naturally. Betting is also legal, and encouraged. Bets will be placed with the arena quartermaster, who will track the betting pool, and ensure the betting money reaches both the victor, and those who bet on them. As the arena takes a cut of the bets, that allows us to have FREE ADMISSION, making sure anyone who wants to fight, or just watch can do so regardless of wealth.

Incapacitation Vs Coup de Grace

Fights will be judged on fairness, and entertainment value. If the loser fights well, they will be spared with an incapacitation. If the fight is short and boring to watch, the loser will be killed to the enjoyment of the spectators. This may sound harsh, but the fear of dying should be enough to ensure that any participants are willing to fight to their full ability, since their life is at risk. The arena is not a place for casual duels or unskilled combat.

There will be practice battles to ensure participants stay in shape, which anyone is free to join in on to practice as well.

Recurring fighters will naturally be showered with wealth and fame, and if they live a successful career, will have earned a huge sum to retire on.

Tiers of Citizenship

Currently, there are three tiers of citizenship in Braenaroch:

1. Freemen - A member of any guild within the city

2. Gentry - Bloodline+ backers with plots of land

3. Citizen - Basic citizen with no guild affiliation or starting land. Can easily move up to another tier by joining a family or a guild.

House Grunwald

Pride, Ingenuity, Prosperity

I am the head of the family Grunwald. Part of running a trade city is about image. Members of house Grunwald will be significant individuals, working to better either the land, or the Rìoghail Tradeway.

Contact and Join

Join our discord!

Rìoghail Tradeway

1/7/2017 7:52:51 AM #1

Council Roles

A city of this magnitude has far too much going on for just me to manage, so I will be electing a council of specialized roles to keep things running.

Treasurer - Lady Ana Grunwald

In a city built on commerce, keeping track of money is essential. Without money, you don't have anything.

Architect - Open

To reach the plans I have for the city, somebody needs to keep expanding it building by building. The architect will oversee where a building is built, and how it's built. Think of it as urban planning.

Guard Captain - Open

In a city of money, crime is bound to happen. Having a strong, organized guard force can combat this to keep the city safe for everyone.

Arena Quartermaster - Open

Charged with running the Sabaid Arena, the quartermaster will manage bet money, schedule fights and practice sessions, and various other tasks.

Resource Manager - Open

You can't build a house without first cutting down a tree. The Resource Manager is in charge of providing the materials the town needs, be it building materials, or food.

Trade Negotiator - Open

You can't make money if you don't sell your goods. The trade negotiator is in charge of setting up trade routes and deals with external locations, ensuring mutual prosperity.

Non-Council Roles

Not every role is bound for the town council, but that doesn't make them any less important.

Innkeep

In a city of travellers, they'll all need a place to stay. Inns will be bustling with traffic every night, of people from all walks of life looking for a place to rest from their travels.

Caravaneer

While the merchants do the buying and selling, it's up to the Caravaneers to get the goods safely from city to city.

Guild Master

Each guild has a head, and that head has to work in cooperation with the other guild masters to ensure mutual gain for the good of all. If we can't trade amongst ourselves, how can we trade with others?

Merchant

The ones running the show. They buy and sell pretty much anything, getting the best deals in the world. The guilds supply them, the caravans guard them, and in return they make sure everyone gets paid; with a generous share for themselves, of course.

1/7/2017 8:37:25 AM #2

Diligent, and knows what they are looking for, should be a great city!

1/9/2017 11:52:35 PM #3

Very well written, I do look forward to trading with them once the new world opens to us all.

1/16/2017 6:22:54 AM #4

Great leader with well thought out plans for the future!

2/15/2017 7:55:12 PM #5

Large post update, introducing the Sabaid Arena!

The newest addition to the post offers a solution to pvpers who don't want to be stuck in an army, but would rather fight for gold and glory.

3/10/2017 9:26:32 PM #6

Still looking for citizens to fill council roles!

3/11/2017 1:32:13 AM #7

I'm happy to be the first merchant guild based in Braenaroch, definately looking forward to doing business together

3/11/2017 7:25:02 PM #8

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 3/11/2017 1:32:13 AM

I'm happy to be the first merchant guild based in Braenaroch, definately looking forward to doing business together

I see much profit in both our futures, glad to have you here.

3/12/2017 7:59:21 PM #9

Your city better not hog all the tourists and travelers. I need some too.

3/13/2017 5:46:55 PM #10

Posted By Dredcor at 2:59 PM - Sun Mar 12 2017

Welcome to the competitive market comrade, good luck, have fun!

3/13/2017 10:55:06 PM #11

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 1:46 PM - Mon Mar 13 2017

Posted By Dredcor at 2:59 PM - Sun Mar 12 2017

Welcome to the competitive market comrade, good luck, have fun!

Nooooooooooooooooo!

3/14/2017 7:33:06 PM #12

Yorick, whats the architecture going to be like around the city? If you have any ideas for that yet...I like renaissance architecture myself

3/14/2017 11:56:04 PM #13

Hopefully all buildings will be a different bright color like the towns in spain or St Johns Newfounland.

3/15/2017 11:43:16 PM #14

Posted By Kalexius at 5:56 PM - Tue Mar 14 2017

Hopefully all buildings will be a different bright color like the towns in spain or St Johns Newfounland.

Not a big fan of such vibrant buildings. Some accessory colors like a red roof, or banners would be nice to spice it up, otherwise I'd be more comfortable with a modest palette of colors.

3/16/2017 4:00:12 AM #15

Posted By Yorick at 6:43 PM - Wed Mar 15 2017

Posted By Kalexius at 5:56 PM - Tue Mar 14 2017

Not a big fan of such vibrant buildings. Some accessory colors like a red roof, or banners would be nice to spice it up, otherwise I'd be more comfortable with a modest palette of colors.

Sounds like a sudden need for a guild of vagrants, dedicated to painting the walls in not-so-modest colours every other night. ^_^