COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-Bordweall] County of Shade

https://pre00.deviantart.net/e16d/th/pre/i/2013/094/e/4/fantasy<em>countryside</em>by_jonathanp45-d60frqb.jpg

(Credit for the art goes to JonathanP45 from DeviantArt)

County of Shade

County Info

The County of Shade will be a merge of at most 12 Counties. The number is not concrete and could change. Several players with Count level Packages has volunteered to merge their county into Shade, but they always have the freedom to change their decision over the course of the game's development. In the event we have 12 Counties, there will be 2 front-line County, 3 backline/support County, 5 inner/safe County, and 2 secret operation County. The Front-line County will be the most concentrated on war efforts and will host a large military force. The backline/support County will be a mix of production, military, and trade. The inner/safe County is for those that prefer passive game-play, safety from invaders/raiders, and the ability to concentrate on non-military agendas. The agenda of the secret operation Counties will be kept hidden.

The County will be located in the Duchy of Caeruleum. We are a part of the Kingdom of Bordweall, a Na-East Kingdom.

When it comes to role-play, I would say that we are light-moderate. The Count himself is more of a on/off RPer depending on the circumstances.

The Vision

A county that rest upon the plains of Elyria, with colorful patches of vegetation and trees spread throughout the region in order to provide shade. Green hills dots the serene landscape of the County. (It is currently unknown whether the County will be land locked or costal)

A tranquil land that hides many secrets within the confines of the shades. Or as they say, this is the calm before the storm. For the world will one day move and spiral endlessly into conflict and chaos. For the inevitable future, we will prepare. And on that fateful day, when madness takes the world, our army will be ready.

The Villages are occupied by passionate breeders and hearty farmers. The breeder raises his animal companions with affection, while the farmer bend his back and carry the weight of ensuring the survival of a nation.

The Towns are filled to the brim with shrewd merchants and accomplished crafters that migrated from the four corners of Elyria. The merchant arrived with dreams of setting up his own shop and hell-bent on creating a trading empire, while the crafter came with hopes of spreading his name and craft to the furthest reaches of Elyria.

The Strongholds are guarded by staunch warriors and heroes, perfecting their profession and guarding our people. They were once farmhands or apprentices of merchants and crafters, dreaming of the glories of battle. Now they are harden soldiers, aware of the realities of war, yet still ready to raise arms to protect the things they hold precious. In another part of the stronghold, war-steeds and battle-trisons are breed and trained, being groomed for the day they take to the fields alongside the warriors.

Defining Attributes

• Breeding- There will be many government and military sponsored jobs for breeders. Breeders will work with domesticated animals, war mounts, trisions, and etc. We will have a special program concerning this. We will be using the mounts/animals in many County projects, including a Delivery system, County-sponsored Caravans, equipping all military personals with a mount, and etc.

• Trading- For the first 12 months of gaming, the county tax will be set at half of the national average. This is to help promote the movement of goods, while allowing businesses and households alike to prosper through having some extra cash for usage in other areas, such as investing in new businesses or to improve the quality of life for their household. After the initial 12 months, the new tax rate will be set based on what I believe will best help promote the growth of the County and the citizen's quality of life.

Patrols will be created and roads will be built. The safety of the roads for travelers and merchants will be paramount. Any bandit or danger to the prosperity of the citizens will be dealt with immediately and harshly. The County will most likely host military guarded caravans at appointed times, where they will move from one end of the County to the other end. All merchants and travelers are welcome to move along with this caravan.

Note-The Kingdom Tax, the Duchy Tax, and the Barony tax will still be decided by the King, the Duke, and the Barons. Only the County tax will be halved.

• Military- The County of Shade will place a high emphasis on it's military strength. There will be no drafting of citizens except when ordered by the Duke during a period of emergency, and only for a defensive war. All soldiers of the County's army will have long-term employment, will be diligently trained, and shall be properly armed plus armored by the County. The Count promises that those in the military will have high social mobility. Those that have proven themselves capable will be given higher ranks, and may eventually acquire titles and land of their own should they prove worthy.

The County's military will consist greatly of Light and Heavy Calvary, Archers and Mounted Archers, and War Trisons. Overall, the County's army can be defined as a mobile force with the capability to travel quickly and has the ability to launch deadly ranged attack at the vitals of enemy armies.

• Adventuring- The Count will be sponsoring explorers and adventurers alike for many expeditions. It is the Count's wish for the County to become a well-known hub for adventurers and explorers to meet before they begin their expedition. During periods of peace, the spare military forces of the County will also be engaging in expeditions toward unknown territories in hopes of finding treasures, new resources, and relics of the past.

List of Guilds and Organizations

Ending Summary

The County of Shade is currently looking for people from all aspects of life. We also welcome businesses and guilds looking for a starting base. Currently, we have a decent sized group, a few guilds, and over 40 towns/baronies.

The Discord is below if you're interested in joining, or just want to go sight seeing. If you have any questions, just shout for me, Shady Pierrot. No need to be shy!

Come, visit us. Look at us. Touch us. Be infected by us. Become one of us. For we are contagious...

https://discord.gg/013DP377UtgtYRHlE

For the more ambitious among you, the civil and military positions for the County can be found in the post below this one. Just scroll down. It's on page 1.

http://i68.tinypic.com/53oa61.png

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/12/2017 10:14:16 PM #1

https://pre00.deviantart.net/f843/th/pre/i/2013/143/c/0/fantasy<em>city</em>by_heavenwill-d6699uk.jpg

(Credit for the art goes to Long-Pham)

The City of Alice

A dreamy city located in a land of shadiness. The capital of the County of Shade. It may hid a few secrets.

A picture of the County's hierarchy

https://preview.ibb.co/cfNM3F/County_Hei.png

County Positions

Prime Minister (Open) - He keeps everything together. He makes sure that the cogs are running smoothly while the Count is playing Hero in a far away land.

Minister of the Roads and Transport (Closed) - Create and manage the County's road system and transportation system.

Minister of Economy, Commerce, and Industry (Closed) - Duty will be along the line of: Lend money to businesses. Arrange for the creation of new mines or farms. Create jobs! Actions that simulates growth of the County.

Minister of Research (Open) - Head of the County's Research Projects.

Minister of Health, Education, Environment, Culture, etc (Open) - As the title states. All of those things are up to you. You're The Man behind The Man! You dabble in whatever needs dabbling with. Lack of hospital? Build some! Someone is ruining our environment? Send in the army!

Minister of Espionage (Closed) - I don't even know what this is.

Minister of Justice (Open) - The Judge, Sheriff, Courthouse, Criminal Activity, etc, is all up to you!

Minister of Agriculture (Open) - The County's food production is up to you! This includes our fisheries and animal pens and what-not.

Minister of Foreign Relationship (Closed) - You're the one that loves to socialize with our Neighboring Nobles. And you carry out a good portion of the County's diplomatic matters.

Military positions

Chief General (Closed) - My acting general and adviser in areas concerning warfare. Commander of the County's military force.

General of the Second Wind (Closed) - Second in Command, right below the Chief General. Does a lot of legwork.

General of Logistic (Open) - He who manages the supply and transportation of supplies for the Military.

General of the Heavy Calvary (Closed) - Commander of the Heavy Calvary.

General of the Mounted Archers (Closed) - Commander of the Mounted Archers.

General of Siege (Open) - Manage the construction of siege weapons and the application of siege weapons.

General of Defense (Open) - Manager of the county's defense. Will arrange patrols, outposts, and expeditions against bandits. Adviser in the areas concerning the defense of the County.

Heroic One, Hero, Chosen One, etc (Open) - You lead the charge. You'll die a glorious death.

City Positions

Butler (1 Filled, 2 Vacant) - The manager of my personal settlements. Manages construction of building, budget, citizenship, land, and all that stuff.

Commander of the City Guards (Open) - The commander of the troops stationed in the city.

Bob the Builder (Open) - You build things for my city. You can do it!

Note- If you feel that you can fill a vital role for the county or city that I haven't listed above, feel free to speak out or make a comment.

House Pierrot

The Lore will be made after the location/tribe has been chosen. )

The Discord is below if you're interested in joining, or just want to go sight seeing.

https://discord.gg/013DP377UtgtYRHlE

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/12/2017 10:14:20 PM #2

reserved

3/13/2017 8:20:19 PM #3

awesome to have you and your group in the Kingdom of Bordweall Shady!

3/13/2017 8:34:21 PM #4

"Cheshire Cat (Vacant) - He who manages espionage and the darker aspects of society. Require management skills, cunningness, wits, and my trust."

I'd like to apply for the Me position.

3/13/2017 10:09:35 PM #5

Great and fun post! Happy to be apart of the county.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/13/2017 11:06:58 PM #6

Great to have you with the Kingdom! Wonderful read.

4/10/2017 3:07:20 PM #7

The County is now actively recruiting again! The OP has been edited to reflect some changes to the County.

Although we are looking for people of all trades to join our county, we are currently especially seeking the following roles:

4/16/2017 11:18:49 PM #8

Happy Easter, even if you don't celebrate it...!

Anyhow, welcome to all the new citizens and mayors. We are always looking forward to meeting more of you guys! Feel free to hop onto the discord and ask questions if you're not sure whether we're the right fit for you.

4/21/2017 4:00:46 PM #9

Another round of welcome to the even newer mayors and citizens. I believe we now have around 30 mayor pledges and 27 of them has confirmed that they will be keeping their title.

We are still looking for more citizens and mayors, especially those that wishes to fill the following roles:

• Merchants.
  • Breeders.
  • My wife!

4/26/2017 11:07:59 PM #10

Hey hey! A welcome to the Knight's Order, as well as the new mayors and citizens. We now have at least 31 confirmed mayors/barons and still looking for more! The only thing that can make this even better is the arrival of a Countess! wink wink

4/28/2017 7:04:54 PM #11

Blacksmithing & Mining Community

Hello everyone, Ruthenium is a guild and company focused on Blacksmithing and Mining. We are located in multiple counties however, we have a pretty strong presence in the County of Shade and would like on-lookers (readers) to know such a community exists within the confines of the county! To learn more or get in touch with us send a PM to myself, Shady clown the OP, or visit our county discord or Ruthenium forum post (VIA my banner/signature)

Alt text - can be left blank

5/6/2017 11:09:15 PM #12

We're still looking for more citizens! And yes, you are correct! This is a bump!

5/10/2017 5:01:48 PM #13

A list of the In-game guilds that will be residing within the County of shade has been added to the OP. It is currently not a complete list for now and will be updated.

The City/Military/County positions will also soon be updated.

5/13/2017 3:46:10 AM #14

alright boys, I'm on board with a package now

5/13/2017 8:02:30 PM #15

Sounds like the place for me [Breeder] - I'll head to Discord later tonight!