COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Release Notes - CoE Website - Version 2.5.0

Hail and well met, friends,

We've made some updates to the website that I wish to share with you now.

Firstly, we collected a few Bounties on criminal elements hiding on the site:

• Users unable to 'quote' original posts
  • Runtime errors showing up instead of error pages
  • Ursaphant Rider package incorrectly shows Alpha I access icon
  • Quotes (",') not escaped in forum posts
  • Images in news page overflow the column

We also took on a few Contracts for improvements to the region:

• Added a PM button under Username on Posts
  • Created support for RSS feeds
  • Changed the first-time landing page to be based off the PAX East landing page
  • Removed recruitment forum posts from recent post query
  • Will now disallow registrations with a birthdate under 13 years of age, as the game will not be COPPA/PEGI compliant
  • Updated the forum borders to align with influence better - read more

Safe travels!

Vye

3/28/2017 8:07:09 PM #16

Sweet!! Man the landing page looks awesome.

3/28/2017 9:15:13 PM #17

Just joined, and happy to see time spent on the "minutia" of forum/website enhancements.

3/28/2017 9:17:00 PM #18

Thanks for adding a PM button under Username on Posts.

3/28/2017 10:05:39 PM #19

Lookin' good. Tangible progress for the community. =D

btw... Can we move this to the "News & Announcements" forum? I fear it might get lost in the "General" clutter.

3/28/2017 10:22:21 PM #20

Hi Vye,

I pledged for Baron and at that time, it was said i'll get access to alpha 2, but now, when i take a look at my package, i can see the alpha 1 access icon.

Did something change or it's the same problem as Ursaphant Rider package incorrectly shows alpha 1 access icon ?

Thanks for your hard work

3/28/2017 10:27:23 PM #21

The KS Baron package equates to the new Mayor package. I am not seeing Alpha 1 access on that package - it starts at Magistrate (the old Astronomer tier).

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

3/28/2017 10:31:03 PM #22

That's why i'm asking if something has changed.

3/28/2017 11:09:39 PM #23

The landing page looks so nice! Good website update!

:)

3/28/2017 11:44:38 PM #24

since COPPA/PEGI compliance is not an issue will we be seeing blood, gore and far more importantly - PUBLIC EXECUTION of criminals?

3/29/2017 12:32:43 AM #25

Bounty tokens redeemed and contracts fulfilled! A+ IMHO

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

3/29/2017 1:42:41 AM #26

Solid work guys, thanks.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/29/2017 3:56:34 AM #27

Are the RSS feeds live? Is it for the forums or the main site's news feed? I can't seem to be able to pull either an ATOM or RSS feed from either. Or was this just ground work and they're not implemented yet?

3/29/2017 3:59:53 AM #28

Posted By Velad at 8:56 PM - Tue Mar 28 2017

Are the RSS feeds live? Is it for the forums or the main site's news feed? I can't seem to be able to pull either an ATOM or RSS feed from either. Or was this just ground work and they're not implemented yet?

RSS Feed

They're for the main feed.

3/29/2017 5:45:38 AM #29

New options look slick. :)

I've raised a bounty token on one bug I just found and reported it in bug section.

I'm just a bounty hunter, you're a judge so check if it deserves decapitation or no.

3/29/2017 6:46:31 AM #30

Any chance of server selection in the next update? Ie add a dropdown field to the profile tab which you're allowed to set just once (asks for confirmation). This would be to allow people to start selecting servers if they were happy to commit.

On forum posting, it could then list "Member -EU" for example. On the IP chart, a 2 character column could display spaces (unset) or a code ie EU/AP/UE/UW.

Better still, add a 1 character in game rank indication for numbers too. Ie K(ing), D(uke), C(ount), B(aron), P(opulation).