COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
how can i start a kingdom

when the game comes out i would like to make a kingdom

4/30/2017 8:37:16 PM #1

Have you tried asking Caspian very nicely?

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

4/30/2017 8:37:41 PM #2

Then you will have to buy that pledge within the store if you would like it as soon as the game starts if you are will to put in the time within the game you may be able to get your own kingdom from a few different ways. But as of right now you will have to pay to be a king at the start of the game.

4/30/2017 8:44:24 PM #3

Posted By KingTuttPro at 2:37 PM - Sun Apr 30 2017

Then you will have to buy that pledge within the store if you would like it as soon as the game starts if you are will to put in the time within the game you may be able to get your own kingdom from a few different ways. But as of right now you will have to pay to be a king at the start of the game.

A small correction, as of right now the King/Queen pledge is out of stock. But maybe if he works hard, and really believes, just maybe he'll have a Kingdom someday.

4/30/2017 9:07:56 PM #4

A small correction, as of right now the King/Queen pledge is out of stock. But maybe if he works hard, and really believes, just maybe he'll have a Kingdom someday.

Grandpa tell me how you became king? Well, Timmy I just gave some dude money and like that I became king! Wow grandpa you're so cool.

4/30/2017 9:16:18 PM #5

Just go to the White House and declare Adverse Possession.

It's been much longer than 30 days since anyone with a soul was there.

4/30/2017 9:45:47 PM #6

If you're not backing as a king, there's a progression path you'd need to follow, like anyone else post launch.

To start with you'd need to work your way up to be a respectible member of the community ie a business owner, or perhaps a famous adventurer or warrior. From there, you can expand your wealth or fame until you become presented with an opportunity to become a Mayor / Baron.

Having tried your hand at managing a settlement for some time, the success of your settlement and your rising fame may eventually secure you an opportunity to contest the county leadership. With the backing of the other Mayors, you might rise through the ranks to become a Count.

Now a member of the nobility, your fame and your family's fame will continue to grow. As your county blossoms, you may eventually see an opportunity to oust the Duke, and beyond that, the King.

Bear in mind though, nothing is guaranteed. There will be obstacles, and you won't be the only person after such power. Your opponents might knock you down as easily as you might knock them down.

To establish a kingdom requires a fairly significant amount of land, and defence of it until independance is achieved.

4/30/2017 11:24:02 PM #7

Besides purchasing the king pledge there are in fact 4 different methods of becoming a king in game.

In DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management.

• Casus Belli from Favor

Requires obtaining favor from your peers and/or the peers of the title above you. This is the standard Dance of Dynasties.

• Casus Belli from Fame

Requires reaching at least a level of fame just below the targeted noble title if not [preferably] higher. Attempting to be king requires at least Exalted level if not Legendary.

• Casus Belli from Wealth

Required to accumulate some, yet to be defined amount of wealth based on play-testing, to buy a Casus Belli against a targeted title.

Of course, you still need the land to claim as your own, you still need an army to invade/defend your new title, and you would still have to learn how to dance the Great Dance.

The final method is mentioned in Down-the-rabbit-hole as part of the use of Story Points in Character Creation.

"All characters you create will require some amount of story points, even if that's zero. The more famous/powerful the character you want to create/take control of, the more Story Points they'll require"

This means that if you have the required number of SP to be a king you can create a character with at least one of the following options:

• the required level of fame or wealth for Casius Belli for the title
  • membership in the royal family and earning the title from parent or gaining the title by standardized inheritance laws [with the death of the king and other possible heirs]. While most noble families will be locked to prevent this, there is still the possibility of more distant relatives gaining the title.
  • fulfilling a destined story line which might include finding a long lost Ring of Kingship [similar to pulling the sword from the stone].

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

5/1/2017 1:23:13 AM #8

Could probably still join APAC as a king if you asked.

12/14/2017 6:12:53 PM #9

i think you should start gather people around you

12/17/2017 12:19:41 PM #10

I will be locking this thread due to the necro bump, if someone would like to create a new discussion then please feel free in General Discussion. :)