COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Confusion

So I am not saying this to rain on anyone's parade, but how is so many folks seem to be saying that they will be on a certain server aligned with a certain kingdom, will be focusing on such and such, will have a certain name, heraldry etc. when as far as I can tell none of the things that would factor into those decisions have happened yet.

It would seem that to accurately choose a name that fits you would need to know your race which would mean that server selection and settlement selection would have already needed to take place. Also names for settlements would often be decided based upon geographical information. The same with any alliances, you can say you plan to join someone but in the end if others get there before you that may not be in option. When it comes to the heraldry until we are provided with the available components you can't choose that either.

Am I missing that certain events have already occurred?

6/17/2017 10:01:13 PM #1

You're not missing anything, but there are a lot of people here who find community to be more important than tribe or biome. As for names, I mean, we're the ones who will be running the world, why should we be tied solely to the names of our eventual tribe? I want a name that represents me and my character, not only the tribe I am a part of. Also, as it currently stands, kings and dukes will be able to reserve half the spots available in their domains for lower nobility, so many these alliances that are forming now are more or less concrete.

With heraldry, some people just move quickly and want something to represent them until we are provided with the means to create one.

6/24/2017 3:06:03 PM #2

Thank you for taking the time to verify my sanity(I didn't miss some very big things somehow). I consider community very important as well so I can understand that and in the end folks can name things as they wish. I was not award that the kings and dukes will be able to reserve spots, so that makes more sense as well.

Thank you once again for the information.

6/24/2017 5:10:08 PM #3

I will have the same name regardless of if I am 4 foot tall with eyes that glow in the dark or 6'4 with a Glorious beard. It is who I am and who I will be...

6/24/2017 5:20:39 PM #4

It brings community together, gives it common goal and things to strive for together, gamers are highly adaptable bunch, we will adapt to whatever Elyria throws at us :)

6/24/2017 5:22:30 PM #5

Names of the Communities will be subject to Developer's approval, wherein if the name you have chosen for some reason is not suitable for your biome it could be rejected as your Settlement's name.

6/25/2017 2:39:57 AM #6

I was curious about this too, thanks for asking this. c:

6/27/2017 8:18:17 AM #7

I will present you the name Mount Healthy, let me show you a picture. Well I can describe the area, because I don't live there anymore... I will just say the biggest "hill" in mount healthy only exists because of Mill Creak north and south, However it's mostly a flat area within ohio there is NO mountains. However because of the ohio river, and to escape disease, they named the place mount healthy, when in reality it's just up hill from a massive river. and the slope is rather shallow on the way from cincinnati.

Continuing farther north, you find Mount Rumpkey, now that dump actually resembles something of a mountain especially compared to the surroundings.

And with that I say Check Mate