COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Official] Tribe Q&A Part IV Question Thread

Greetings, Elyrians!

The next Tribes Q&A (Part IV) is on Monday, July 24 at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC on our Twitch channel. We will be taking questions primarily from this thread. Please don't clutter this thread with discussion, only post your questions or vote up the ones you want to hear answered in the Q&A.

Now that you have more info on the eight starting tribes, this upcoming Q&A will focus on the questions that we didn’t get a chance to answer. Please upvote the questions you want to hear answered!

Reference: Learn how the tribes were developed in Caspian's Design Journal on Tribes here

If you participate in the Q&A thread, please follow these rules.

RULES

• Please limit questions to 1 question per post, so it can be easily up-voted/down-voted
  • Please limit yourself to 3 posts for a maximum of three questions per community member
  • Keep your question brief - that makes it easier to read, and quicker to answer
  • Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to

Also, for about thirty minutes immediately after the broadcast ends, Caspian will be dropping by our Discord server to field your questions. Be sure to stop by and say hi!

And lastly, here are links to the write ups for the eight starting tribes:

We'll see you on Monday, July 24 at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC!

Until next time,

Kaizen

7/12/2017 12:33:17 AM #1

In character selection can I specify that my parents are from different bloodlines or tribes?

7/12/2017 12:39:07 AM #2

Will the four undiscovered Tribes in the "New World" have unique diseases that could cause a massive pandemic in the "Old World?" Just like what happened to the Native Americans when the Spaniards arrived in history?

7/12/2017 12:39:32 AM #3

Offspring (yay)

Do different tribes have different fertility rates and family sizes? I.e. is one tribe more likely to have twins, or triplets, whilst another might struggle to have one? And of that, do say the Brudvir have many children owing to being like packs, whilst the Neran might only have 1 or 2 being relatively nomadic?

7/12/2017 12:41:20 AM #4

is there a possibility to crossbreed twice? let's say we breed 1&2 = 1/2 then 3&4 =3/4 and so we get 12/34

also; if the neran breed is nr; 1 what are the chances of the last child recieving their 20% skill gain buff?

7/12/2017 12:42:00 AM #5

Enclaves

Can members of a secondary tribe within a kingdom be nobility? For example, can Neran characters in the wetlands become (or start as) nobility in the To'resk Kingdom?

7/12/2017 12:42:03 AM #6

If I have got a foreign surogate and conceive his child, raise the child not as part of my family but of his: What bonuses will it get from me?

Of genetic nature, cultural, basic survival for the biome only or also skill bonuses for e.g. blacksmithing if I'm good at that while the child's father isn't?

That is can you raise children, train them in the raising phase and send them off without them ever becoming part of your family and family chat?

7/12/2017 12:43:06 AM #7

Once a new tribe is "discovered" what will be the mechanics for players being born into the new tribes?

Will only the discovering group/kingdom be able to "spawn" / birth into them or is the option unlocked for the whole server?

7/12/2017 12:45:43 AM #8

Will previously undiscovered tribes bring with them new tech development upon "discovery"?

7/12/2017 12:45:43 AM #9

Are some tribes NPCs more likely to join a school, guild or association over other tribes like say would a To'resk likely join a school to take ideas and expand upon them by themselves or not join a school at all, or would a Neran be more likely to join schools more than other tribes?

If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend code: 926EE6

7/12/2017 12:49:32 AM #10

Will some tribes have a step up with newly discovered tribes simply because of previously existing cannon relationships? Eg. The Brudvir and Your?

Leaving other tribes and or kingdoms in an arms race to learn the language?

7/12/2017 12:54:11 AM #11

Is altering, or changing completely, a religion within a tribe something that can be done on a monarch/noble level, or will it take convincing of the tribe's people, or both?

7/12/2017 12:55:14 AM #12

Will there be a chance a unique trait/skill which not covered in tribe infos randomly appear on the offspring of a suitable parents? Rng thing beside talent

7/12/2017 12:58:58 AM #13

With regards to the lost tribes, how will they develop prior to discovery? If for example several rl years pass before they are found what can we expect the AI to do with all this time? Will the advance in tech, expand their empires and combat the other lost tribes for the limited resources. Could they even wipe out a lost tribe before first contact?

UDL

7/12/2017 1:05:49 AM #14

With all of the information that's been released, there is a focus on what resources are in the biomes.

Are these just more abundant in the tribes like Hrothi with iron veins and Dras with Bog iron.?

7/12/2017 1:07:12 AM #15

With all of these tribes based by primarily on biomes and Kingdoms separated by primarily a combination of biomes and geographical features my question is this:

Do you expect domain land selection to have an over all percentage of tribes in a Kingdom to be listed, and if so will that (at exposition at least) make up settlements of purely one or another tribe or will that be an over all make up of population across all settlements in a Kingdom.

Example (oversimplified): a 80% Neran Kingdom that is also 10% Hrothi and 10% Kypiq, with those percentages derived from either: 8 Neran settlements 1 Kypiq 1 Hrothi or in contrast 10 settlements with mixed populations.