COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Waerd Wards

Which takes precedence when a Waerd ward is created?

Tribe: “Family chat is extended to all members of a settlement” DJ#5: “Wards lack any close, telepathic bonds that would allow them to communicate with a family member remotely.”

Tribe: “Death-sense and Tethering extend to all members of a settlement” DJ#5: “Wards have no ties to help bind them to the world if they Spirit Walk”

11/22/2017 1:22:28 AM #1

interesting, perhaps they are the one exception?

disc: curzman#7965

11/22/2017 1:42:30 AM #2

The Waerd would warn against warding off Waerd wards with some strong words.

11/22/2017 4:43:25 AM #3

Posted By Scheneighnay at 8:42 PM - Tue Nov 21 2017

The Waerd would warn against warding off Waerd wards with some strong words.

Well, when we work on ways to word the Waerd wards, we will wistfully wish we would've worded the Waerd's ways when we woke to them.

11/26/2017 2:47:49 PM #4

wards have no family. and if to a weard the entire settlement is his family, the weard ward has no settlement. that is the concequence from that. that means he will proably be an outcast, an outsider in the settlement (a street rat proably) or be ward in another culture. maybe weard wards are not possible anyway because in their culture, if some child has no family the town will become his/her family and therefore they are not considered wards.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/27/2017 12:00:02 PM #5

"the general belief in conformity, uniformity, and convergence toward a single ideal makes the Waerd frown heavily on cross-breeding with other tribes, an act seen as heresy among the nobles and aristocracy." Since Waerd society is so heavily focused on every member looking/acting the same that the act of cross-breeding is seen as "heresy", would a half-Waerd even be allowed to stay in Waerd society or would they banish such individuals to maintain the uniformity of their society? "Heresy" is a strong term. And they are obviously a society driven by religious zeal.

1/6/2018 2:50:46 PM #6

I'm hoping that a Waerd/Kypiq union could produce the child character that I hope to start as. I realise in role that the Waerd are strongly homogenous, but - in real life - every 'tribe' has those few who 'rebel' and seek their own path...and my character would be the offspring of two such tribal 'outcasts' who find each other and draw together - yes, a rare union but not impossible I trust?

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server