COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Double Your EP!

I WIll Double Your EP From Tokens!

This promotion ended on November 24th. Thank you to everyone who participated! Your generosity and support was extremely helpful and much appreciated!

Yes, that’s right. I am offering to double the value of your tokens. I am running as King of the Free Kingdom. However, this promotion is extended to members of ALL servers.

When you purchase a Kingdom Token you receive 100 EP. In exchange for sending tokens to my campaign, I am offering 100 EP in items, back to you. How do I expect to provide this value? Well, every time someone sends me a token, 50 EP is put in escrow to be released to my campaign after the election. This allows me to mitigate my losses, to some extent, after the election. During the election, I will be purchasing enough tokens myself, to provide the EP necessary to compensate my supporters for their token donations.

EP is not transferrable directly. However, as soon as the EP store comes online, the EP items can be purchased and gifted to other backers. I will pledge to send you items equivalent to the EP value you earn during my promotion. Every token you send before November 24th at midnight, will credit you with 100 EP to be spent on items in the EP store and sent to you. I will be keeping track of the donations and iif I need to purchase more EP to compensate my supporters, I will do so.

Now, you might ask, "Why on Earth am I doing this?"

I have spoken at length, with a close friend of mine, about supporting the campaign financially. He has agreed to send significant support to my campaign, so long as I reach a certain level of token donations. In order to reach that goal, I am launching this promotion. I believe that it will engage the community and also help us develop the kingdom during Exposition, as supporters who stay in the kingdom, will be able to spend those Exposition Points towards developing the kingdom, as they see fit. It will provide more EP for distribution to the counties, rather than focusing it all at the kingdom level.

When I discussed this with people, one of the fears mentioned was that the kingdom might not have enough EP if I received too many tokens during the promotion. That should not be the case. Even if I were to spend all of my EP to compensate supporters, I would still receive the EP from the King package and tokens to develop the kingdom. So we shouldn’t have to worry about a lack of EP at launch, even if this promotion got that big

This is the closest to an example policy as I can come, during the election. My campaign is all about creating policies that provide value to everyone involved, whether it be citizens, nobles, or the crown.

When it comes down to it the winner of the contest will be the campaign that buys the most tokens. Whether those tokens are purchased by the candidate, their friends, or the community at large, the tokens are being bought. I am encouraging people to participate who might not have done so otherwise. If people don't want me as king, I don't believe the incentive will change their minds.

The EP rewards WILL be sent even in the unlikely event that I don’t receive one of the packages. I am rewarding support for my campaign. It is not dependent upon winning the election. I plan to live in the Free Kingdom and I don't want to burn bridges and sacrifice my reputation, in order to win a contest.

NOTE! Cross-Server transfers of items bought with EP are CONFIRMED! However, you MUST have a bloodline or higher package tied to the character on which, you are claiming the items.

#CaspianConfirmed

Remember, purchased tokens will sit in your "tokens" tab on your profile, so you need to click "Contribute" and type in "Jon_Warren".

Contributions

Also, here is my new Campaign Update video

Thank you for your support,

Jon Warren ~ Kingdom of Vitalis

11/22/2017 5:56:02 PM #1

Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be in the recruiting area of the forums rather than general discussion?

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

11/22/2017 6:20:08 PM #2

Posted By BioRules at 12:56 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be in the recruiting area of the forums rather than general discussion?

Well, I get what you're saying, but it's a promotion offering EP in exchange for a token. It isn't asking people to join a group. It's open to all servers, so general discussion seems like the right place for it. I made sure to ask before posting it here.

11/22/2017 6:41:43 PM #3

Posted By Jon_Warren at 10:20 AM - Wed Nov 22 2017

Posted By BioRules at 12:56 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

Well, I get what you're saying, but it's a promotion offering EP in exchange for a token. It isn't asking people to join a group. It's open to all servers, so general discussion seems like the right place for it. I made sure to ask, before posting it here.

Mainly doing this as a bump because why not:

But I think that could be said for all candidates that want to post in general. "Donate to me and you'll get the 100 EP from purchasing the token. Yes, members of all servers can donate!"

Edit: +1 as to push this out of the negative. As much as I don't like this concept it is different and doesn't deserve the negative votes, in my opinion.

11/22/2017 6:54:51 PM #4

Maybe I'm just naive but I had hoped that the crown of the Free Kingdom would be won by the merit of their campaign, by the strength of their drive and their voice reaching the hearts of the players instead of the depth of their pockets.

Bribes or kickbacks are the bane of political discourse.

Should your campaign leave a bad taste in the mouth of your dukes, how do you plan to bridge that divide?

11/22/2017 7:07:07 PM #5

Posted By Cheshireone at 12:54 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

Maybe I'm just naive but I had hoped that the crown of the Free Kingdom would be won by the merit of their campaign, by the strength of their drive and their voice reaching the hearts of the players instead of the depth of their pockets.

Should your campaign leave a bad taste in the mouth of your dukes, how do you plan to bridge that divide?

Hey now, He is "lobbying" for his campaign not bribes! (lol j/k)

11/22/2017 7:09:05 PM #6

Posted By Jarri at 1:41 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

Mainly doing this as a bump because why not:

But I think that could be said for all candidates that want to post in general. "Donate to me and you'll get the 100 EP from purchasing the token. Yes, members of all servers can donate!"

I am offering EP over that offered in the store. It would be similar if, they were to offer to trade tokens so that people from other servers could get 150 EP for their tokens.

Posted By Cheshireone at 1:54 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

I believe that bringing new support to CoE IS part of the merit of my campaign. Many people chose to buy tokens because of the promotion I am offering.

Bribes and kickbacks are a completely different matter. Every person in this contest is asking people to buy them tokens. I am offering to provide rewards for those that buy me tokens. It is an example of the type of policies I will enact in the kingdom. Offering value to every person involved.

I understand that other candidates might be sore about the results of my promotion. However, I have discussed cooperation with every major candidate and most minor candidates. I have no doubt that we will be able to work together after the election and launch of the game.

Obviously there will be turmoil initially, but we have plenty of time to get to know each other before launch and I fully plan to build the bridges needed to move forward in our relationships. My vision and goals are clear and I hold no grudges for anything that happens during the campaign.

Together, I believe we will be able to create a truly prosperous kingdom!

11/22/2017 7:15:36 PM #7

To those wondering if this kind of incentive is allowed. At this time It is, as nothing bars this sort of interaction under SbS guidelines.

Of course SbS is not responsible for any promises made on the campaign trail, financial or otherwise. Trusting or Distrusting others is part of the dance.

Keep in mind that portions of this proposal are dependent on functions not fully detailed, and carry risk as a result.

11/22/2017 7:33:44 PM #8

Posted By Kyxsune at 2:15 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

To those wondering if this kind of incentive is allowed. At this time It is, as nothing bars this sort of interaction under SbS guidelines.

Of course SbS is not responsible for any promises made on the campaign trail, financial or otherwise. Trusting or Distrusting others is part of the dance.

Keep in mind that portions of this proposal are dependent on functions not fully detailed, and carry risk as a result.

Although I agree that this kind of activity is currently allowed, I strongly disagree with this method of acquiring kingship... This competition is for all intent and purposes for those who have little money to acquire packages but have shown they can and will benefit the community and be able to run a kingdom.

Although I will admit i know nothing of Jon_Warren or his plans to run a kingdom, I already have a bitter taste in my mouth of how he will run the kingdom by promoting his campaign in this manner.

Posted By Jon_Warren at 2:09 PM - Wed Nov 22 2017

I believe that bringing new support to CoE IS part of the merit of my campaign. Many people chose to buy tokens because of the promotion I am offering.

Bribes and kickbacks are a completely different matter. Every person in this contest is asking people to buy them tokens. I am offering to provide rewards for those that buy me tokens.

I also have to strongly disagree with your opinion of bribes and kickbacks. I would agree that some are asking to buy the tokens, but most are asking for others to support their campaign. This is not completely done via tokens. It can be done through forum promotions and other things.

That said, I believe you to be non-deserving of my support solely based on this single thread. Nor do I care to pursue your intents for running a kingdom to sway mind.

If there was ever to be any sort of definition for pay to win in this game, I would believe this campaign to be just that.

Edit: I would like to state that these are my personal opinions and feelings towards a campaign of this nature. I am not slamming you for doing a promotion like this, but solely noting how I perceive it. It is creative and outside the box, but my comments above still hold truth to me.

Cheers,

11/22/2017 8:58:53 PM #9

11/22/2017 9:21:21 PM #10

Sumdeus, I understand your dislike of my promotion, however, I believe you need to take a closer look.

This contest is designed to allow people to put their money where their mouth is in regards to leaders. SBS clearly designed it so that the winner is the person with the most tokens. Whether they buy those tokens, or their friends do, or the community does, every campaign succeeds on buying tokens.

I found a way in which to reward supporters, that encourages backers to participate and fund CoE's development. I'm here to see the game developed and the community grow. I have been active in the community, providing interviews, Q&As, and solid policies for implementation.

This is an example of a policy that provides value to all parties. I receive tokens, supporters receive EP, and SBS receives funds to further develop the game we all want to play. It is the closest I can get to implementing a real policy, during my campaign.

I am not asking people to solely support my campaign through tokens. I am encouraging them to express support for my policies. This is a short-term promotion designed to bring publicity to those policies and this contest.

If my campaign were truly pay-to-win, I would have bought the king slot. Like every other king. Instead, I saw this as an opportunity to build a community, engage with existing members of the community, and help build a kingdom that prospers.

I am dedicated to living in the Free Kingdom and I will take the steps necessary to see it develop into a prosperous kingdom. I'm not here solely to win a package. If that were the case, I wouldn't be giving EP to people upon losing.

I could make a much larger profit in EP, by trading tokens with other candidates and members of the community. However, this promotion allows me to prove my worth. It also helps to build trust within the community, when I follow through on my promises.

I have been talking with every major candidate and most minor ones about moving forward after the election. That will not change should I win. Working with them is an important part of building a successful, prosperous kingdom.

Thank you for caring enough to comment,

Jon Warren ~ Kingdom of Vitalis

P.S. Thank you King Dleatherus, for your thoughtful recognition of the value of my promotion. I appreciate it very much!

11/22/2017 9:58:39 PM #11

"Works As Intended"

11/23/2017 2:50:25 AM #12

An important thing to note here is that EVERY vote for EVERY candidate is being bought. This isn't a democratic election by any means. This election goes to whoever gets the most tokens donated. That requires money. Where that money comes from is important! I believe rewarding community members in this way is a very positive thing. As Deletherus pointed out, by rewarding donors now Jon has removed any obligation to them after the election. Other candidates who have one or two large backers behind their campaigns will naturally feel obligated to repay those backers in some way, later on. How will they do that? We don't know! I appreciate the fact that all of Jon's donors will be given the same reward and he will be free from any obligation to them after the election. It is important that the king be free from manipulation by other kingdoms! Jon's system is the most democratic and open system I have seen so far.

11/23/2017 3:05:14 AM #13

I agree Cheshireone, support should be earned and worked for, not bought. There is no loyalty in it, the people will just jump ship to the next person with the higher bid. I strongly disagree with buying support.

I do agree with and support a majority of your campaign but I disagree with this course of action.

11/23/2017 3:39:00 AM #14

You definitely show a King's perspective Dleatherus. Once the responsibility begins to weigh down on those shoulders and you feel the responsibility of everyone's desires, wants, wishes, hopes and dreams that will live within your Kingdom...what wouldn't you do to protect them and their opportunities?

11/23/2017 5:12:09 AM #15

Well Jon is at least getting a ton of attention either way. But for anyone that disagrees. Say I never talked to you before, then suddenly I just sent you 100 tokens out of the blue. (Which I'm not even sure if you can decline them) but if you can, would you? Since from your logic, you don't know me, didn't earn my support. Just a large amount of tokens that suddenly appeared.

This campaign was never about who is perfect for the job. It was always about who can pull in the most tokens. There could be a group out there doing this from the shadows. That doesn't need the community approval. That feels simply cause they have deep pockets they can win.

Don't like that? Well take them out in game. Same with Jon. Nothing stopping that from happening. People may do that for anyone they don't like how they are running their campaign. Which very doubtful Jon is the only one there.