COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What will you be in Elyria?

I want to know what you guys plan to do when you create a character? I am honestly going to try to become a traveling weapon smith, i go from town to town selling weapons and other goods.

2/9/2018 2:08:21 PM #1

I'm just gonna talk to the neighbors and have drinks with them. In the mean time I hope they give me hints on what they need to make the county better for everybody. I'll build a school to teach me to make different kind of contracts and see if there is prime estate around for me to build a church and farms if needed. Also I will place adds for jobs that I need to be done. I have a friend for the most important job of tax collector.

There is so much to do. I don't think I have time to wander around the first few weeks.

2/9/2018 3:32:10 PM #2

I think it would be fun to own and run an Alchemy/Apothecary store as well as develop and maintain a garden to support said store. Maybe eventually branch from Apothecary into a count wide hospital of sorts.

2/9/2018 3:33:23 PM #3

I hope to be an inventor or engineer, working on tinkering and maybe a little traveling. I really want to explore the way water will work in game, especially how it will react with waterwheels and objects in general.

Friend Code: 488A61

2/9/2018 3:33:24 PM #4

Maybe I would run a repair shop for miscellaneous trinkets as well

Friend Code: 488A61

2/9/2018 5:21:23 PM #5

Instead of a Dark Lord, you shall have a Mayor, not dark but handsome and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and ...cough cough cough.... err farmer, I'm gonna be a farmer.

I hope to run a large farm / ranch to provide food and dairy to my settlement and possibly get into breeding animals as mounts.

2/9/2018 5:39:09 PM #6

Since I'll have 2 sparks of life, I'm gonna use them both at the same time and hopefully in the same family. One will be for fun and the other will actually be attempting to further my family's in game and societal advancement.

The serious one will be a shopowner/merchant basing near a university town. I'm thinking the first shop will be either a tailoring one or tavern/inn of some kind. That's not set in stone though as I'm choosing that based on the skill sets of the people who have decided to live in that town beforehand. Can't have 20 blacksmiths and no chefs in town or something ridiculous like that.

The starting shops won't matter too much as my goal is to see how large I can grow my family's influence and mercantile empire. I want both size and diversity in an effort to grow the economies of wherever my shops are based as well as my family's power.

The fun sister (if I can get them into the same family hopefully) will be a traveling zoologist because I'm deeply interested in Elyria's fauna. She'll also likely sell the family's wares since she''l be the one leaving home most often. When she's old (and hopefully the family has enough money) I plan to open up a breeding farm or something for animals. Could be mounts or pets or both, I'll decide when/if the time comes.

- CoE Thread - Website -

Family first, money second. Unless they cause the loss of too much money...

2/9/2018 6:00:28 PM #7

For my main, I'll be co managing a medical school. Personally focussing on herbalism/botany. Will likely own some sort of greenhouse/botanical garden depending on what the mechanics let me do.

4/12/2018 10:01:20 AM #8

Honestly, I want to be a traveling ranger. I want to go from town to town, from continent to continent not necessarily seeking adventure but seeking a story. I want to be versed in surviving in the wild but at the same time seeing the world. There's too much to see and never enough time to see it. I hope at the end of my time that I'll have had a few amazing companions to have shared it with and enough stories to fill a book.

5/25/2018 9:13:14 AM #9

i'll be a traveling merchant. Going to start by wrapping around my starting continent at least once. After that i'll be sending resources from point A to point B

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

5/25/2018 2:48:40 PM #10

At this point, I think I've settled on playing a wandering minstrel. Going town to town, singing songs and collecting tales. Much like CalenotKale, though with a different skill focus.

On that note, what server do you intend to play on CalenotKale?

⛵️❓💰

5/25/2018 3:27:02 PM #11

I plan to be a character.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

6/1/2018 11:55:38 PM #12

I imagine my character's going to be a hunter, who does a lot of woodcutting and carpentry on the side, or vice versa. There's a lot of chance for accidental adventures in the woods, but always a base to come home to.

6/2/2018 12:15:05 AM #13

What I want to be in Elyria is "adaptive".

I have some plans, although some of them have already changed due to opportunities that have come my way.

What I'll be, will be dependent on location, neighboring towns/tribes, and the type of close resources.

What I don't want to miss is making the most of an opportunity because I'm locked into a plan of how I think I want to play.

I will be someone who lets CoE "drive" what I do to a certain extent, and I will (hopefully) be able to change plans at the drop of the hat.

I want to be surprised at where I find myself, and what I'm doing on a regular basis.

Here's to random chaos!

Grizzly "The Ogre" Beralindwurm

From the Brudvir Den of Vargviken - E3FA4E

6/2/2018 1:54:11 AM #14

-

6/2/2018 2:51:40 AM #15

A dilettante Count that studies astrology, law and architecture.

This count's personal bodyguard, spy and assassin.

A travelling adventurer.

Gotta use those 14 sparks.