COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Mod Announcement: O Captain, My Captain!

Hello Elyrians!

When I started at the studio almost a year ago, we had a very small moderation team and we were growing so fast it was hard to keep up with all of the needs of our community.

At that time we brought on a great group of veteran community members who are still our current moderator and super moderator members.

And then our community grew, and grew, and grew!

For example, at the start of July last year our Discord server was already large with over 3000 registered users and 1000 online at peak times.

Fast forward to today and we have exploded to almost 7500 registered users, 2500+ online at peak times, and tons of new people join every day!

We know that the larger our community gets, the more help we will need to make sure we can take care of everyone efficiently. To do so we need to constantly be on the lookout for awesome community members who would make great additions to our teams of volunteers.

And as I am always looking to grow my volunteer moderator team and keep up with the rapid growth of this community, I am pleased to say that I have found two such individuals.

Vetted and approved by their actions and with support of the rest of the mods and super mods, I am very excited to announce the elevation of

Esoba &

Captain Seli

To the role of official Community Moderator!!

Esoba

"Marcus Aurelius, and the image has always spoke to me since both personally and professionally I incorporate stoicism. I like to tell folks, while I may see the world through my own experience with one eye, I also make a conscious effort to see and interact with it through a stoic lens."

Esoba shares a fond quote from the Roman emperor "Mens sana in corpore sano (A sound mind in a sound body)"

Having joined mid last year, Esoba is a fairly new member of the community, but rapidly grew in knowledge and notoriety as a tenured, well-respected and very helpful community supporter. As a professor, it would be expected he would be well-suited, understanding, and versatile when communicating to people from all backgrounds. We are eager to have our 2nd educator join our volunteer ranks; the patience and knowledge he brings can only make us better moderators.

Captain Seli

Here we see the Captain stuck on dry land

Having stormed the high seas for a very long time in this community, Captain Seli should be no stranger to any of you. He's been around since the IRC days, back in early 2016 when things were just getting started. Having a wealth of knowledge, a kind demeanor, and a hearty sense of humor has led Seli to be invited to this role. With a cheerful disposition and a sturdy compass, we're excited to have the Captain's experience to help keep us in calm seas.

Here's one of his favorite quotes: "The seas may be rough, but I am the Captain. No matter how difficult, I will always prevail!" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Please join me in thanking them for agreeing to volunteer in this capacity. Their integration with my team helps ensure our community continues to be the awesome haven for gamers that we have all created.

So ⁵ Esoba and Captain Seli, welcome aboard as our first new mods of 2018, so happy to have you with us!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

3/26/2018 10:56:55 PM #1

Gratz both!♥

3/26/2018 11:12:03 PM #2

Welcome aboard to you both of you. Pleasure to have you on the team and I look forward to improving Elyria's community as much as I can with you guys.

3/26/2018 11:16:25 PM #3

Congrats yall :) Great Job.

3/26/2018 11:29:00 PM #4

Congratz!

Alt text - can be left blank

3/26/2018 11:29:32 PM #5

Good good good :)

3/26/2018 11:37:30 PM #6

Grats!

3/26/2018 11:40:25 PM #7

Welcome, Seli and Esoba. It's a pleasure to see you guys on the crew. :)

3/27/2018 12:43:50 AM #8

Well done!

3/27/2018 12:46:14 AM #9

Super happy for you both! Seli has been with me for a while now, and he has been one of the best Captains and mayors around. So glad he was selected to be a mod, I know he will do an amazing job!

3/27/2018 12:48:45 AM #10

Gratz!

3/27/2018 1:54:08 AM #11

Thanks so much everyone! Its an honor to be here!

3/27/2018 2:02:24 AM #12

Congratulations guys. This is not a surprise to me as you both have shown yourselves to be excellent members of the CoE community.

Drake County

3/27/2018 3:29:53 AM #13

Congrats Esoba and Seli!

3/27/2018 4:07:44 AM #14

Have fun! The troll hunt is endless.

Trolls pop up on forums like in a Hack & Slash and need to be taught the rightful way

3/27/2018 9:48:41 AM #15

Grats both of you :)