COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
The -Other- Tribes

Anyone hoping to primarily play as one of the tribes that won't be available right at launch?

On one hand, I would really like to play a Yoru, but on the other hand...I would really like to play the game the day it is released. xD

Anyone else having this conflict?

I am unsure of my ability to patiently wait for their lands to be discovered before I play, but I really hope I can manage!

6/11/2018 10:35:49 PM #1

I was hoping to be Yoru, but there will be other lifetimes to explore the races once they are discovered, too.

On the other hand, one of the races (available) that I prefer has one of the largest potential drawbacks, too. (Waerd)

6/11/2018 10:42:04 PM #2

Posted By Muninn at 5:35 PM - Mon Jun 11 2018

I was hoping to be Yoru, but there will be other lifetimes to explore the races once they are discovered, too.

On the other hand, one of the races (available) that I prefer has one of the largest potential drawbacks, too. (Waerd)

I thought the Waerd seemed kinds cool too. I'm not sure what I would pick out of the initially available tribes, though. Sometimes with games I will think I have it all decided, then I get to character creation and the whole plan changes. xD

6/11/2018 10:47:50 PM #3

Posted By Qrisanthimum at

Anyone hoping to primarily play as one of the tribes that won't be available right at launch?

On one hand, I would really like to play a Yoru, but on the other hand...I would really like to play the game the day it is released. xD

I am unsure of my ability to patiently wait for their lands to be discovered before I play, but I really hope I can manage!

hrmmm - i am sure that there will be snippets of information about the Yoru interwoven somewhere into lore

perhaps a suggestion might be to think of what skills you would be wanting your Yoru to have

then at game launch roll as a Brudvir (most similar biome, likelihood of Yoru being in Lore etc) and become a Yoru researcher, doing everything you can to help speed up the discovery of them

and then when the time is right, you will have more knowledge and skills than most players looking at Yoru for the first time

just thoughts

6/11/2018 10:51:04 PM #4

Posted By Dleatherus at 5:47 PM - Mon Jun 11 2018

hrmmm - i am sure that there will be snippets of information about the Yoru interwoven somewhere into lore

perhaps a suggestion might be to think of what skills you would be wanting your Yoru to have

then at game launch roll as a Brudvir (most similar biome, likelihood of Yoru being in Lore etc) and become a Yoru researcher, doing everything you can to help speed up the discovery of them

and then when the time is right, you will have more knowledge and skills that most players looking at Yoru for the first time

just thoughts

A mighty fine suggestion! I may do just that! :D

As for what I would want my Yoru to do, well, from what little I have been able to gather about them, they seem to be ok in their biome primarily because they frequently consume a particular type of fish, so it seems like a fisherman would be a great idea. Then maybe later down the lineage, have one of my lifetimes get a wild hair and go off on some adventure and settle somewhere Yoru aren't primarily from. :3

6/11/2018 11:03:49 PM #5

"The Yoru about Town" ;)

• Snipehunter
6/12/2018 11:13:45 AM #6

Posted By Dleatherus at 12:47 AM - Tue Jun 12 2018

and then when the time is right, you will have more knowledge and skills than most players looking at Yoru for the first time

just thoughts

And as a bonus, your soul will be older when the Yoru are discovered, so you don't have to start from scratch when you spawn into one.

Brash

6/12/2018 11:43:15 AM #7

Honestly i'm hoping to make my family a brewing pot of several races, the primary one being to'resk

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

6/12/2018 2:14:01 PM #8

Posted By Pieoflords at 06:43 AM - Tue Jun 12 2018

Honestly i'm hoping to make my family a brewing pot of several races, the primary one being to'resk

I'm sure that will end up being the case for most, really. It'll be neat to see how we all turn out looking after several lives! :D

6/12/2018 3:55:21 PM #9

Posted By Pieoflords at 12:43 PM - Tue Jun 12 2018

By the time I'm finished mixing them all there'll be a new tribe. lol

6/13/2018 12:49:06 AM #10

I was kinda hoping to be Erishe-Hrothi ... alas.

Link to my story

6/13/2018 1:03:30 AM #11

Play another species up until Yoru is released.

The Akashic Records

6/13/2018 1:35:23 AM #12

Yes. I wanted to be Erishe or Owem. That was my order of hopes. Both were tragically dashed so I'll just go with whatever my options are in the location I want to start and aim to breed that into my line down the road.

Join us on Discord!

6/13/2018 9:38:08 AM #13

Everyone seems to be ignoring the possibility of just abandoning one's starting dynasty with at least one soul. If you really want to play a member of an unreleased tribe, you can focus on getting soul experience that would be appropriate to that tribe, and make fostering your starting dynasty through to endgame a secondary concern.

6/13/2018 2:05:04 PM #14

Just to point out. Once a new tribe is located by someone it becomes playable for all. You need SP and likely a lot of it but once the tribe is open you can just take a soul and plant it in a member of the new tribe.

Bare in mind this would be starting over as this new version of yourself wouldn’t be your primary heir and wouldn’t get the benefit of your “stuff” from your previous life.

6/14/2018 12:44:24 AM #15

Posted By Qrisanthimum at 5:51 PM - Mon Jun 11 2018

As for what I would want my Yoru to do, well, from what little I have been able to gather about them, they seem to be ok in their biome primarily because they frequently consume a particular type of fish, so it seems like a fisherman would be a great idea.

A Yoru fisherman. That's like the Poseidon of Elyria. Big blue guy. Lurks in the water. Wielding a spear or trident. Scares the hell out of people (and fish).

This is how mythology is born. :D