COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Official Q&A Thread] July 25th, 2018

This thread is exclusively for questions related to the upcoming Q&A livestream on Wednesday, July 25th at 12pm PT, 3pm ET, 7pm UTC.

You can read the announcement in this thread.

July 25th, 2018 Twitch Livestream - Questions thread

The topic of this Q&A is the:

0.4.0 Adventure Introduction

If you post a question you hope to be chosen and answered during this Q&A, please adhere to the following.

RULES

• Limit questions to 1 question per post, so it can be easily up-voted/down-voted
  • Ensure your question is related to that topic or it may not get answered
  • Please limit yourself to 3 posts for a maximum of three questions per community member
  • Keep your question brief - that makes it easier to read, and quicker to answer
  • Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to
  • It is not necessary to downvote questions you aren't interested in the answer to

Note: Immediately after the livestream for about thirty minutes after the broadcast ends, the Soulbound Studios devs that were on the show may drop by our Discord server to field your questions and/or have further discussion. Be sure to stop by and say hi!

Remember

• Upvote the questions you want to hear answered!
  • In order to ensure this thread sticks exclusively to questions on topic that follow the above guidelines, moderators may remove posts or contact you to adjust your posts if they have questions
  • Since we need to collate your questions based on their popularity, we will be closing this thread to new questions the day prior to the Q&A (July 24th).

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/18/2018 6:34:45 PM #1

How will engineering/inventing and other "cross-disciplinary" professions fit into the skill system?

7/18/2018 6:35:35 PM #2

Can you give us more detail about how we will be participating in the new event & what that entails?

Friend ID - DEB2A8

Grand Count of Grenbera

7/18/2018 6:38:31 PM #3

Since you guys have mentioned moving away from spatios os, I haven't heard anything on how you intend to address the server infrastructure. In particular, handling a large amount of players on a server.

A lot of games use "channels" or "instances." For CoE you could have ~each duchy or so (depending on player density) be its' own instance. All adjacent instances share location data and load in the background to make a seem less instance hop when moving through the world. There are ways to handle this that have been explored in games in the past that have the same population issues to deal with.

Simply, How do you intend to handle large number of players on each server?

We cannot control the wind, but we can direct the sail

Moonhaven

7/18/2018 6:38:56 PM #4

What alchemical substances were in these jars?

Kernothia

7/18/2018 6:40:34 PM #5

Is any Item throwable? And will different items deal different amounts of damage?

Kernothia

7/18/2018 6:42:23 PM #6

How many times do you think will the plague break out in a server?

Kernothia

7/18/2018 6:44:58 PM #7

You guys stated dual wielding and the other new skill branches. I must know can I make my character left handed instead of being forced into another right handed World?

7/18/2018 6:47:12 PM #8

Can you gain skills while spirt walking in the astral plane ?

In the same line of thought is it possible to craft things while in the Astral plane?

7/18/2018 6:55:40 PM #9

Can you go in more detail about The Searing Plague event: What it entails and how will people get in involved?

7/18/2018 6:58:21 PM #10

At this point in skill development, do unrelated skills detract from one another?

-NOSIG-

7/18/2018 7:02:42 PM #11

Will survival skills be further broken down into mastery of different Biomes, or is it an across the board skill?

For instances tracking, hunting, shelter building and fire making, although similar at its foundation, but can be very different depending on the environment you are in (I.e Tundra v. Desert)

7/18/2018 7:04:58 PM #12

Posted By regleb at 11:40 AM - Wed Jul 18 2018

Is any Item throwable? And will different items deal different amounts of damage?

Not one of my 3 questions, just a suggestion to clarify what Regleb may have meant by the above question.... Are we able to throw anything or specific weapons only?

7/18/2018 7:06:15 PM #13

Posted By Shikaio at 8:38 PM - Wed Jul 18 2018

Since you guys have mentioned moving away from spatios os, I haven't heard anything on how you intend to address the server infrastructure. In particular, handling a large amount of players on a server.

A lot of games use "channels" or "instances." For CoE you could have ~each duchy or so (depending on player density) be its' own instance. All adjacent instances share location data and load in the background to make a seem less instance hop when moving through the world. There are ways to handle this that have been explored in games in the past that have the same population issues to deal with.

Simply, How do you intend to handle large number of players on each server?

I really hope they answer this only thing i want to know.

7/18/2018 7:08:01 PM #14

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 11:47 AM - Wed Jul 18 2018

Can you gain skills while spirt walking in the astral plane ?

In the same line of thought is it possible to craft things while in the Astral plane?

I'm not sure there would be a point to those activities in the astral plane. I think the point of the astral plane is to solely find your way back to your body so you are able to wake up. If my memory serves correctly, I believe you lose some skill levels when you are sent to the astral plane. Not drastic levels, but loss nonetheless. However, I could be wrong...

7/18/2018 7:11:09 PM #15

Posted By LegendOfStein at 11:55 AM - Wed Jul 18 2018

Can you go in more detail about The Searing Plague event: What it entails and how will people get in involved?

If the above question is answered please include my added question following along with this question...

Question #1: If there is a way to avoid the plaque or minimize impact, how would one go about it?