COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
ChamberBot session with Vye! - October 17th, 2018

Howdy everyone!

Our 2nd successful ChamberBot session with Heat went swimmingly.

For our next feat we've convinced the illustrious Vye to join us for a discussion about languages and communication in Elyria! Come join us on Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 at 2PM PDT, 5PM EDT, 9PM UTC, as we host a new ChamberBot Q&A session with Empress Vye, Spider Queen, Suspected Two-Fold Queen, Patcher of Leaks, Master Namer, Mistress of Words, Teller of Stories, Keeper of Pronunciation, Cleric of Grammar, Oxford Commander, High Priestess of Communication, Protector of Secrets, Patron of Trellast, Spy, Overlord, Deviant

Bookmark this handy countdown timer so you won't forget!

If you need a refresher on what the ChamberBot does, check out this post.

You are welcome to discuss what kinds of questions you want to ask during the session here, but we won't be taking questions directly from this thread. Instead, you will ask your allotted questions right before the ChamberBot session by sending them directly to the bot.

Note: This is not a live stream, but a live Q&A chat session using our specialized Discord bot in our Discord text channel, the #soul-chamber.

Examples:

For anyone not familiar with Vye's work (as if!)

Just kidding!

In case you aren't, to assist you in coming up with a good question to try to get answered, here's some of the things she's worked on for Chronicles of Elyria.

• The Searing Plague Event - Masterminded by Vye and then expanded on by the studio heads, this "event" became the biggest engagement experience Elyrians have had to date.

• She is responsible for and has designed and built all of the languages that the Tribes of Mann will utilize in Chronicles of Elyria. As such, she is the author of the acclaimed Communications Design Journal.

• Additionally, she has been responsible for production updates, many Q&A appearances, significant work on the tribe designs, many of the shinies, contributed to almost all the lore, contributed to nearly all the promos and community events, initial design and names/mottos for Conquest, contributed significantly to the updated game guide.

Hopefully that easily gives you some ideas! And if you don't have any questions to ask, feel free to join the event and just watch, we love your participation any way you are able!

Rules:

• DO ask questions about Languages of Mann, Communication methods, game design questions, about being the Executive Producer, or any number of other topics that are reasonable and within our guidelines and CoC that you think she may answer!
  • Vye will NOT be taking translation requests or providing any kind of Rosetta stone for the languages. Other than that, she can field any question you can come up with relating to Chronicles of Elyria.

We look forward to seeing you in the #soul-chamber next Wednesday in the official Chronicles of Elyria Discord server!

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/10/2018 5:23:47 AM #1

Let the Map voting questions BEGIN! Haha :)

contact me on discord if interested in a Dwarven lifestyle! Hrothi Life Freind code 172508

10/10/2018 5:35:50 AM #2

The (in)famous Vye! Finally! Pretty keen. Particularly keen to find out about what she would like to see being used as communication methods.

10/10/2018 5:43:56 AM #3

why can't we ask anything about languages. that's an odd rule.

10/10/2018 6:19:18 AM #4

Posted By MusaKn at 01:43 AM - Wed Oct 10 2018

read it again its not saying dont as but do ask

Count of Caer Genesis

County of Tir Cymoedd Afon
Kingdom of Bordweall(NA-E)
10/10/2018 9:54:55 AM #5

Posted By MusaKn at 4:43 PM - Wed Oct 10 2018

I didn't find that particular rule, care to point it out?

Rules:

DO ask questions about Languages of Mann, Communication methods, game design questions, about being the Executive Producer, or any number of other topics that are reasonable and within our guidelines and CoC that you think she may answer! Vye will NOT be taking translation requests or providing any kind of Rosetta stone for the languages. Other than that, she can field any question you can come up with relating to Chronicles of Elyria.

10/10/2018 8:47:39 PM #6

love the introduction there Serp, i want box office ringside seats please, lol.

hmmm, i wonder what The Spider Queens opinion on VOIP is ?

MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK.

10/12/2018 3:30:30 AM #7

I know this isn’t for posting questions but I’m posting it here so I am less likely to forget what I wanted to ask.

From a lore post we know some languages are similar, from the top of my head the Mydarri language is a variation of Crocias (the To’resk language), and pyqsi (the Kypiq language) is a variation of Neran. Will people fluent in a language of the same “language group” have an easier time learning another language in the same language group, and will they be able to understand each other at least on a basic level? (Much like Portuguese and Spanish IRL or German and Dutch?). Also, is the Dras related to the Janoan and To’resk language, or both?

Will some gestures have a different interpretation in different cultures, just like some gestures have a completely different meaning in other cultures on earth?

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/12/2018 9:25:28 AM #8

Posted By zimmah at 1:30 PM - Fri Oct 12 2018

I know this isn’t for posting questions but I’m posting it here so I am less likely to forget what I wanted to ask.

From a lore post we know some languages are similar, from the top of my head the Mydarri language is a variation of Crocias (the To’resk language), and pyqsi (the Kypiq language) is a variation of Neran. Will people fluent in a language of the same “language group” have an easier time learning another language in the same language group, and will they be able to understand each other at least on a basic level? (Much like Portuguese and Spanish IRL or German and Dutch?). Also, is the Dras related to the Janoan and To’resk language, or both?

Will some gestures have a different interpretation in different cultures, just like some gestures have a completely different meaning in other cultures on earth?

Hope youre online for the session bro lol.

10/15/2018 3:55:09 AM #9

Posted By zimmah at 8:30 PM - Thu Oct 11 2018

From a lore post we know some languages are similar, from the top of my head the Mydarri language is a variation of Crocias (the To’resk language), and pyqsi (the Kypiq language) is a variation of Neran. Will people fluent in a language of the same “language group” have an easier time learning another language in the same language group, and will they be able to understand each other at least on a basic level? (Much like Portuguese and Spanish IRL or German and Dutch?).

Was doing some reading, looking for questions to ask during the ChamberBot, and found an answer to one of yours.

Design Journal Communication Just like in real life, it'll be easier and more productive to learn a language when there is a need and an opportunity to use it. It will also be easier to learn languages in the same root as a language you already know

Anyways, looking forward to the ChamberBot. I myself plan to ask some language origin related questions, any restrictions on those?