COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
WIll this game allow for small groups?

I have not looked too much into the kingdoms as of now but a question I have off the top of my head is if my buddy and i were to decide to play (as a group of two) will there be opportunities for us to experience things or will this game require us to join a kingdom to accomplish anything?

1/17/2019 4:26:52 AM #1

You can play as a solo or duo player, but you will still be 'in' a kingdom.

1/17/2019 4:44:54 AM #2

okay thank you, im totally fine with Role play and all that but completely 100% immersing myself in a kingdom with 100's of people just wouldn't be my style, so that is good to hear. Do you know when/how assigning yourself to a kingdom will be required? during character creation? right now? applying?

1/17/2019 4:54:04 AM #3

Depends on what package you have. With land selection right around the corner, all the Dukes, Counts, and Aristocrats will have to make a choice about where they want their lands to be. At that point, they will be pledged to a kingdom. For regular players, they will officially pledge to a kingdom the moment they step in the game. Before then, however, they can start looking at kingdoms that mesh with their personality and that they'd enjoy playing in.

1/17/2019 5:04:50 AM #4

You may also make a choice on where to begin the game that has nothing at all to do with the kingdom but rather the location or the tribe or the family you want to join.

When you enter the world, you spawn into an NPC (non player character) that already exists in the world, that may be part of a family, that may have a profession, that may own some land or a shop and so on. This information will be available to you in some form before entering the world and may be the primary way people like you choose to join the game.

Ultimately though, you will exist within a kingdom and be subject to the laws they establish and be governed by the aristocracy and nobility within that Kingdom, many of whom will be players as well. If you have the time, you may choose to look around and get to know who these people are.

1/17/2019 5:35:22 AM #5

You also are not limited to one kingdom, you can own land in kingdom A, B, C, etc. You will just be subject to the laws of whichever kingdom you are physically in at the time.

1/17/2019 6:15:11 AM #6

Posted By Bayerd at 1:35 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

You also are not limited to one kingdom, you can own land in kingdom A, B, C, etc. You will just be subject to the laws of whichever kingdom you are physically in at the time.

That's not technically true, each identity of a character can only be a citizen of 1 settlement. You can't be citizens of multiple settlements unless you maintain more than 1 identity using disguise etc.

But of course, as a citizen of settlement A, you can still own lands in county X at a far kingdom.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

1/17/2019 6:21:02 AM #7

Posted By Roarer at 5:15 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

Posted By Bayerd at 1:35 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

That's not technically, each identity of a character can only be a citizen of 1 settlement. You can't be citizens of multiple settlements unless you maintain more than 1 identity using disguise etc.

But of course, as a citizen of settlement A, you can still own lands in county X at a far kingdom.

If you are a citizen of, and have property in city x, in duchy y, of Kingdom z, how are they going to know that in city a, in duchy b, of kingdom c if you decide to buy property there and become a citizen there as well? That would require a meta gaming mechanic for them to determine that.

1/17/2019 6:38:55 AM #8

Posted By Ineluki at 2:21 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

That's not technically, each identity of a character can only be a citizen of 1 settlement. You can't be citizens of multiple settlements unless you maintain more than 1 identity using disguise etc.

If you are a citizen of, and have property in city x, in duchy y, of Kingdom z, how are they going to know that in city a, in duchy b, of kingdom c if you decide to buy property there and become a citizen there as well? That would require a meta gaming mechanic for them to determine that.

SBS simply answers that in this Q&A, but did not go into details on the mechanics behind it.

If I have to guess, it will be something like, citizenship is a piece of information for your identity (similar to a character name).

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

1/17/2019 6:43:34 AM #9

Posted By Roarer at 5:38 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

Posted By Ineluki at 2:21 PM - Thu Jan 17 2019

SBS simply answers that in this Q&A, but did not go into details on the mechanics behind it.

If I have to guess, it will be something like, citizenship is a piece of information for your identity (similar to a character name).

Thank you for that nugget of information, I had completely forgotten that. So yes still very possible, you just need to set up more than one identity.