COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
(theory) Vampire introduction

I was thinking that a special vampire daemon could exist. This vampire demon could have immense speed, strength, and stamina, But being weaker in the sunlight (25% reduced stats?), But not quite to the point that it loses it's fighting ability. I think that it'd also be appropriate that the vampire daemon doesn't need to eat souls to sustain itself, maybe being able to eat food to sustain itself but eating souls to increase both it's power and lifespan. I think that it'd be cool if these daemon operated as vampire lords in the sense that they'd compete against each-other for souls, and even creating their own disciples out of evil aligned characters (All living things must logically have spirit since it's the same as life force so perhaps it could be used as an npcs soul, but the older the NPC the less power vampires get from them) But these disciples getting a large amount of power so that they're weak compared to their master but really strong compared to a mann(this happening through a ritual of sorts in which the master gives a bit of power to the discipline and takes their soul). But victim vampires (Menn who had their souls stolen from them) Not getting this buff. So with this setup there'd be a threat against humannity that players can either help or fight, and in the end there'd be vampires introduced to the world.

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

2/1/2019 9:41:41 PM #1

Please DO NOT ruin this game with vampires!!!!!!!!

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

2/1/2019 11:14:15 PM #2

Vampires in CoE are not just another skill line like some games...

2/1/2019 11:58:30 PM #3

Can't really see vampires in CoE, since the game will be controlled by players there will be enough problems to deal with.

However, they can try to do similar things as events during the Long Night.

There will be enough to do in-game and there are already Legendary Monsters to fight,

This kind of changes requires a whole update and will be really hard to apply them now that we are almost in Alpha.

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

2/2/2019 12:06:17 AM #4

I can see vampires in Elyria, but I expect they will be fatally allergic to Angelica's light.

Daemons are likely to be different ... and not fond of vampires at all. If Mann are the prey, then the Apex predators who hunt Mann would not play well together at all.

Link to my story

2/2/2019 12:15:14 AM #5

Vampires have already been confirmed haven’t they ? I thought it was to be like magic and liches ; you couldn’t just get it from some quest , a dynamic event would have to happen to you To obtain the vampire trait .

That’s how I remember it at least ... Maybe I’m crazy .

2/2/2019 1:21:10 AM #6

Posted By Grapefruitkush at 11:15 AM - Sat Feb 02 2019

Vampires have already been confirmed haven’t they ? I thought it was to be like magic and liches ; you couldn’t just get it from some quest , a dynamic event would have to happen to you To obtain the vampire trait .

That’s how I remember it at least ... Maybe I’m crazy .

That's how I'm remembering them. Vampires like liches are just super rare. But are also super powerful. I thought they grew strength the longer they were alive as well. Unless this has been changed at some given point.

2/2/2019 2:00:26 AM #7

If someone does become a vampire in CoE let me know, I want to make babies with you!

2/4/2019 3:09:21 PM #8

I feel many underestimate the troubles it brings when becoming a lich or a vampire.

You would be a higher priority target than any criminal or enemy lord, because you're basicly a growing baby raid boss, who when left alone, could conquer all of Elyria.

Forget ever logging out, because you are not welcome in normal settlements and would die alone in the wilderness.

Unless you already have a cult of evil worshipping acolytes, I would recommend not pursuing the notion of becoming one. Because everyone has moments of weakness and vulnerability, where only others can protect you.

With that said, maybe some camouflage could help, like a cloak... or a shroud and veil for example ;)

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil