COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Giving NPC the mayor title

I was curious to if for example, I have 2 children. If I will the settlement that I own to the NPC, will the NPC become mayor and take over the settlement? And will the PC be able to move freely without the bother of taxes and settlement?

10/2/2019 4:32:10 PM #1

Posted By Awooie at

I was curious to if for example, I have 2 children. If I will the settlement that I own to the NPC, will the NPC become mayor and take over the settlement? And will the PC be able to move freely without the bother of taxes and settlement?

There will be many NPC mayors at game launch (at least if current trends hold). So, probably -- depending on how the inheritance system works. I don't know that we know whether we can designate an NPC as our heir or partial heir in a divided inheritance.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

10/2/2019 5:08:03 PM #2

Even if there is an NPC mayor (or count, or duke) there are still going to be taxes. The town will still have laws and rules that need to be followed.

10/2/2019 6:01:59 PM #3

You can pass your title to whichever child you choose as your heir. If you spark into the sibling of said heir you won’t have the responsibility of collecting and managing taxes or the settlement but would still carry the same family lineage as your first character.

10/3/2019 1:38:02 PM #4

So let's say, you pass your title of mayor to your first child, and leave everything else to the other child.

I have a few questions:

1. Do you get to choose which child you spark to?

2. Can you divide/select the responsibilities that each child gains being a mayor? (E.g. One child inherits the responsibilities in managing the settlement/territory, and the other inherits the blueprints and a percentage of your wealth)

3. How does the willing work? How flexible will the willing be?

4. How would you pay taxes? Auto-magically (the money is taken from your wallet immediately) or will there be a tax collector?

5. What relationships would the two children have? (the PC and the NPC)

I have like 20 more questions but I'll only write 5 for now

10/3/2019 2:00:48 PM #5

Posted By Awooie at 09:38 AM - Thu Oct 03 2019

So let's say, you pass your title of mayor to your first child, and leave everything else to the other child.

I have a few questions:

1. Do you get to choose which child you spark to?

2. Can you divide/select the responsibilities that each child gains being a mayor? (E.g. One child inherits the responsibilities in managing the settlement/territory, and the other inherits the blueprints and a percentage of your wealth)

3. How does the willing work? How flexible will the willing be?

4. How would you pay taxes? Auto-magically (the money is taken from your wallet immediately) or will there be a tax collector?

5. What relationships would the two children have? (the PC and the NPC)

I have like 20 more questions but I'll only write 5 for now

1 - If it is a child of your family you will know the code that allows you to spark into that child. If it is someone else's family and they have the code, they could give it to you for the same result.

2 - Pretty sure we don't have details on that yet, but it seems likely based on what we have been told so far.

3 - Wills are likely part of the contract system. So it will be as flexible as that system is (likely just gave you a new question, but we don't have full details on the contract system so its full flexibility is still unknown, but what we do know seems pretty flexible to me)

4 - tax collectors

5 - siblings? Not sure I understand that question. If you mean how their personalities will interact, that will depend in part on how you bring them up apparently (can't recall the reference as it was a while back, but I recall being able to influence [not control] the actions of your children and that would impact their development).

10/3/2019 6:01:05 PM #6

Taking your answers into account, new questions have been born.

1. Let me elaborate on question 5: One will get willed to be the mayor, and the other is willed a percentage of your wealth. After you spark into one of the children, does the child (who was not willed the mayor) be able to ask his/her sibling for things? (Blueprint, mayor's house, etc.)

2. After you spark into one of the children, will other child (NPC) recognize the child you sparked into (PC) as his/her sibling or as their parent?

3. What is the interval of tax collectors? (When will they arrive at the village and the consistency) And will tax collector be a job? (as a PC)

4. Is the will a physical object? If so, can it be over written by other players, or can it be stolen or destoryed.

5. Can you marry with other races? (E.G. Hrothi and Kyoqi) If so, can you create a combination of different races? Will he/she have mixed traits? (A Kyoqi having the crafting trait of Hrothi)

10/3/2019 6:29:33 PM #7

Posted By Awooie at 8:01 PM - Thu Oct 03 2019

Taking your answers into account, new questions have been born.

1. Let me elaborate on question 5: One will get willed to be the mayor, and the other is willed a percentage of your wealth. After you spark into one of the children, does the child (who was not willed the mayor) be able to ask his/her sibling for things? (Blueprint, mayor's house, etc.)

2. After you spark into one of the children, will other child (NPC) recognize the child you sparked into (PC) as his/her sibling or as their parent?

3. What is the interval of tax collectors? (When will they arrive at the village and the consistency) And will tax collector be a job? (as a PC)

4. Is the will a physical object? If so, can it be over written by other players, or can it be stolen or destoryed.

5. Can you marry with other races? (E.G. Hrothi and Kyoqi) If so, can you create a combination of different races? Will he/she have mixed traits? (A Kyoqi having the crafting trait of Hrothi)

1. You can always ask I assume. Whether or not they respect it though...

2. Sibling, because that’s what you are in that moment. Your past character has passed away, even though you may share the same soul.

3. Depends on how the taxes were set up (contract system), tax collector is a job, not sure if any players will want to take it up but it should be possible. (Everything an NPC can do, a PC can do too and vice versa).

4. Yes, the will is a contract, contracts are physical objects, I assume they can indeed be forged.

5. Yes, nite that some traits are based on biome, and others on tribe, and there may even be family specific traits. But genes and family culture (like the language and religion and traditions) get passed on.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX