COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Kernothia

It was already light outside when Gregor Goldenfeld woke up. He blinked into the early rays of sunshine that fell in from the open balcony and slowly stood up. The water looked so beautiful sparkling and glistening and he could feel the fresh breeze from the ocean drifting through the door and bringing the smell of salt to his nose. With a small smile he gazed out at the water, longing for some more moments of peace and serenity.

A knock on the door to his room abruptly put an end to his morning tranquility and with a sigh Gregor turned his back to the beckoning sea. He felt the nervousness that was his constant companion growing and knew that by the end of the day it would have turned into apprehension so strong that it dominated every thought that crossed his mind.

On his way into the city he brooded over the prophecy passed down secretly in his family. It hadn't been long that he became the count of Kernothia but the responsibility weighed hard on him. He loved his county and the people that lived in it but how was he supposed to keep them from harm when he had no clue how to save them. Long ago during the Searing Plague his ancestors had overcome a great crisis but since then a dark shadow lay over the Goldenfeld family. And now that this dark time drew nearer he was all alone.

The crowd was so large that it completely drowned out the cries of the seagulls that circled the harbor. Everyone wanted to catch a glimpse of the monarch of Tryggr, King Darhk, who was conversing animatedly with the Count of Kernothia at the pier.

"It's been too long since I've last been to Kernothia! I almost forgot how beautiful the rolling green hills are and those golden fields that surround Thalasia; so fitting your name!" said the King laughingly. "I especially like the rivers that circle Thalasia, it creates the impression that we're on our very own ship; ready to sail away into the sunset." Gregor mused and smiled. "Excuse my curiosity, your highness, but didn't your sister accompany you on this journey?" Furrowing his brow Darhk replied: "Emma should be here by now, I haven't seen her since we left the denser part of the forest... She likes to see things for herself."

Suddenly the crowd moved and an aisle opened for a horse with a rider that galloped at breakneck speed right at the two men. One meter away from them the young woman on the horse reigned it in, just in time for the animal to stop but the leffit on her lap flew through the air and crashed right into Gregor's chest. Both of them tumbled backwards, right over the edge of the pier, and splashed into the water of the harbor.

When Gregor broke through the surface he looked up into the face of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Golden hair framed her heart-shaped face and her cornflower blue eyes were looking full of worry straight at him. "Are you alright?" She reached down to give him her hand. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean..." Her anxious words broke off when their hands touched. Their gaze and hands interlocked Gregor felt as if time stood still. Only when King Darhk's face appeared next to the young woman's he felt his heart beat again, so loud he was afraid they could hear it. Climbing up at the pier he noticed the leffit, still locked around his neck.

Dripping wet, he reached up and grabbed the scaly, blue reptile. He pried it from his neck and, while holding it in front of him, he really looked at it. The creature looked back. It's slender body covered with blue scales, the narrow head with the cold, hard eyes raised to meet his gaze. "This is it!" He thought and his face was lit by a wide grin. "That's the answer!" He blurted out excitedly. For the first time he felt positively giddy with joy, his nervousness gone.

Two counties united as one

Rise from the Plague

The dark shadow returns

One son of seven daughters

Out of the sea

A dragonesque beast and his maiden

Once more he recited the prophecy in his mind, now without dread but with hope. He glanced over at the blonde woman, Emma, sister of the king. Could she be the one for him?

Kernothia

10/4/2019 12:38:14 PM #1

Naaah, thats so romantic. Awesome story!

10/4/2019 5:07:59 PM #2

I'm happy that you like the story :-)

Kernothia

10/4/2019 7:57:35 PM #3

Lovely! Well done Emma!

10/4/2019 8:39:27 PM #4

Fantastic story very well written!!!

10/5/2019 5:24:21 PM #5

Thank you guys!!! :D

Kernothia

10/6/2019 4:09:30 PM #6

Amazing story! So sweet!

Plus, who doesn't love a prophecy?

Kernothia

10/8/2019 2:09:58 AM #7

Nice story. Looking to someday travel there. Very well done!

Gunnr County

10/14/2019 8:45:59 PM #8

Good Story 7.8/10 too much water - IGN

Kernothia

10/14/2019 9:04:44 PM #9

A great story. Glory to Kernothia!

10/14/2019 10:14:20 PM #10

Lovely story 👏

10/14/2019 10:16:09 PM #11

Posted By regleb at 10:45 PM - Mon Oct 14 2019

Stop being jealous. You just wanted to be the one getting wet and holding her hand. ;P :D

Lovely story! Will be great to see your county and port town in game. :)

10/15/2019 6:31:24 AM #12

Very nice, well done!

10/15/2019 7:23:48 AM #13

Posted By Malgor at 12:16 AM - Tue Oct 15 2019

Posted By regleb at 10:45 PM - Mon Oct 14 2019

Stop being jealous. You just wanted to be the one getting wet and holding her hand. ;P :D

Lovely story! Will be great to see your county and port town in game. :)

:D

Thank you all for your nice comments! :-)

Kernothia