COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] What Was, What Is, What Shall Be

[IMAGE CATEGORY]

The left section of the image is a map based upon the actual D&SS map - NA-E server, Kingdom of Bordweall, Bloodoak Duchy and the combined counties of Bloodbranch, Stormtithe and Bucketvale (this might change)

Mountains, hills, grasslands, trees, settlements etc are all where they should be (though i did take a bit of liberty dotting a few trees around settlements that had no tree icon on the map near them but showed 'wood' as being a resource of that settlement

The right side is a fun speculation based upon the perceived geography of the area - the What Was, What Is, What Shall Be part

(Note the image in the top right of the map is from Mike Schley's map of Dijun - When I first saw that map years ago I fell in love with it and am thrilled to not only to be able to incorporate it it into a project, but also to have a county that some of it might be brought to 'life' inside an mmo)

The combined total of words in the image is well under 750

Click on the image below to be able to view it in your browser and then use the magnifying glass zoom tool to view it at full size to see the full detail (at full resolution it isn't as dark as the squished down version below)

10/8/2019 11:17:45 PM #1

Wow, amazing 😳👏👍

10/8/2019 11:23:33 PM #2

Nice work D! Looks really good

Greybattle County

10/8/2019 11:27:33 PM #3

Still love it! Very well done!

10/8/2019 11:29:45 PM #4

Big man putting in the work to create something truly awesome! Well done D!

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

10/9/2019 12:42:42 AM #5

Great work. It looks awesome.

10/9/2019 7:11:02 AM #6

Nicely done! You should be proud Sir!

10/9/2019 11:12:25 AM #7

These are beautiful maps!

Shieldwall Strong!

10/9/2019 11:35:42 AM #8

Absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me of the map from the Hobbit.

TO EVERYONE: If you don't read the writing details, you're missing out.

I wonder who Beazely Chiquell is. Does he take commissions? I'd like to hire his services. :D

10/9/2019 4:49:14 PM #9

Posted By Cedargore at 04:35 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

Absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me of the map from the Hobbit.

TO EVERYONE: If you don't read the writing details, you're missing out.

I wonder who Beazely Chiquell is. Does he take commissions? I'd like to hire his services. :D

ty - i will indeed be taking commissions for creating similar maps like the green area of the above image, for other counties and domains

the right section (and a similar section can be added to the left side of the map) can be used for crests, list of mayors, recruitment post text and so on

after i create a couple of them i will probably start a thread showcasing them in the event others might be interested also, and can see examples

10/9/2019 5:41:20 PM #10

Was this map made with Inkarnate, Wonderdraft or something else?

10/9/2019 8:50:15 PM #11

Really truly spectacular work on this, D. Amazing submission.

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

10/10/2019 2:06:01 PM #12

Posted By Stormbreaker at 10:41 AM - Wed Oct 09 2019

Was this map made with Inkarnate, Wonderdraft or something else?

It was made in photoshop using a combination of assets i made myself and purchased assets (from Campaign Cartographer)

I tend to prefer photoshop for how i can adjust the opacity of the different layers, tweak things that aren't quite to my liking etc

i'm self-taught in photoshop through trial and error and confess to experiencing a certain amount of satisfaction when i see others enjoying my efforts

10/10/2019 8:49:20 PM #13

Nice !

Eolwyn Lunicorne

10/11/2019 3:17:20 PM #14

Your artwork was one of the main things that attracted me to Bordweall years ago. Glad to see it still going strong.

10/11/2019 11:54:58 PM #15

Hey King D,

Beautiful art style and very well put together. It def has its special unique feel. Is this submission entered under visual art or writing? Snipe indicated contestants need to choose one as your work is a beautiful blend of both. I would like your entry to be accepted either way.