COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SHINY DAY (Dec 5, 2019) Tribe Exploration: Erishé

Greetings friends!

It's been a little while since we dusted off the graphics we'll be using for the final game, since we've been focusing on the Prelyria client and development of gameplay. However! The content team is starting to dip their toes back in and, boy, are those waters shiny!

You may have seen the recent shiny of the Sailfin alligator, which can be found in some wetlands on the starting continent. Today, I have something a little farther from home: The Erishé. As some of you may already be aware, there are more than 8 tribes in Elyria. Some, like the Erishé you see here, will not be available to play at launch as they will only exist on other continents. Continents where it will be up to the players on your server to figure out how to get to!

When those explorers come to the land of the Erishé, they will find it to be a harsh and arid desert. One, perhaps, that seems impossible to be home to much more than sand, let alone a tribe of Mann! The Erishé, like the other tribes in their home biomes, are well-adapted to their environment and have learned the ways of their deserts.

There are ranges of values for all the major traits, but this is what we consider to be exemplary specimens of an Erishé female and male. For additional detail about their biology and culture, you'll first need to discover them!

Enjoy!

Vye

12/6/2019 2:31:39 AM #1

Cool!

12/6/2019 2:31:49 AM #2

nice abs :D

Countess Aurabella

12/6/2019 2:32:59 AM #3

Why are we seeing Erishe as a Shiny? Hmm... Maybe we will see some of them at launch??

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

12/6/2019 2:33:20 AM #4

Shiny.

12/6/2019 2:34:45 AM #5

Nice shiny Indeed , but not a good place for a Janoan like me.

12/6/2019 2:39:42 AM #6

They look waaayyyyy too much like Waerd. I was under the impression that they would have MUCH darker skin in order to set them apart.

If you had told me these were a new render of the Waerd models, I would have believed you.

12/6/2019 2:51:18 AM #7

Posted By PeasantKyre at 7:39 PM - Thu Dec 05 2019

They look waaayyyyy too much like Waerd. I was under the impression that they would have MUCH darker skin in order to set them apart.

If you had told me these were a new render of the Waerd models, I would have believed you.

Iirc, the Waerd and the Erishe were one of the same until they went to search other places as like the semi-arid desert for a less nomadic lifestyle. After the first Godswar they were separated....long story short they are now the Waerd. :)

12/6/2019 2:54:35 AM #8

Very Fancy!

Governor Aiden Everette

Friend Code: FE7F89

Come chat with meh! Discord

12/6/2019 2:57:37 AM #9

Posted By ThatOnebigguy at 8:51 PM - Thu Dec 05 2019

Iirc, the Waerd and the Erishe were one of the same until they went to search other places as like the semi-arid desert for a less nomadic lifestyle. After the first Godswar they were separated....long story short they are now the Waerd. :)

Don't quote the lore at me. I know it already.

The fact that they're related doesn't excuse the fact that they look identical.

The Neran, Brudvir, and Kypiq are ALL descended from a common ancestor, yet they are all completely different.

I would have assumed they would treat the Erishe and Waerd the same way, but that clearly is not the case.

12/6/2019 2:59:15 AM #10

T H I C C

Friend Code B2A408

12/6/2019 3:21:20 AM #11

Posted By PeasantKyre at 9:39 PM - Thu Dec 05 2019

They look vastly different to me, not sure what you're focused on? Different skin tone, hair type, build, eye shape...

Love the shiny!

12/6/2019 3:22:57 AM #12

Neat and all, but how about some concrete mechanics or slightly lengthier game footage to show the engine in action?

12/6/2019 3:26:01 AM #13

Posted By PeasantKyre at 9:39 PM - Thu Dec 05 2019

Uh, besides being people of color they don’t look identical at all. The Erishé ARE significantly more dark skinned, but it’s still realistic. Their facial structures are totally different, with the Erishé looking significantly less androgynous than the Waerd. I don’t know what images you’re looking at, but a Waerd and Erishé wouldn’t be able to wear the same shade of foundation from any makeup line. Saying they’re identical really just boils down to thinking they look the same because they’re brown skinned. It’s not as exaggerated of a difference as between a Brudvir and Kypiq, but we’ve known that from the jump. And the models from the character creator demo clearly weren’t fully textured. This is much more realistic.

12/6/2019 3:31:28 AM #14

Just some actual "data" to use for the whole comparison issue:

Different? You be the judge.

Imgur

12/6/2019 3:51:01 AM #15

@PeasantKyre: Every tribe uses the same base model and rigging, with different procedural, bio-morphic adjustments. They look like they're related, but not the same.

From the concept art. What were you expecting? And skin color will certainly be adjustable in the creation screens.

alt text