COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Transgender Elyrian Roll Call

Hey, so I'm having difficulty finding any other trans Elyrians out there in the wild, wooly boards. For anybody curious about me, I'm a translesbian, very geeky, lover of cats, and play tabletop RPGs as much as I can. Just looking to see if there's anyone else out there.

In the "miscellaneous oddities" box since times unbeknownst to humans.

6/6/2016 11:08:48 PM #1

I've never heard the term translesbian. o.o

Nice to meet you, though, geeky lover of RPGs and cats o/

6/6/2016 11:31:35 PM #2

Hello Doomkitten!! Welcome to CoE.

Unfortunately, I do know about translesbianism and I am aware of the fact people who fall under this classification face more bigotry than your average LGBT person. It's one of the only subsets within the gay community which will actually be criticized by people within that same community. The good news? I've had several friends stuck in your situation so, at the very least, you have a friend in me!!

Feel free to contact me! I hope you find your niche in CoE. This game is gonna be a BLAST!!!

6/7/2016 12:19:17 AM #3

Here~!

I've never heard of the term translesbian before, would the male alternative just be transgay...? That would most likely be me ^_^. Nice to meet someone else that's trans and also shares the same likes, though I've never played tabletop RPGs. I'd like to but never have. Can't wait for this game to come out!

6/7/2016 1:12:42 AM #4

There actually is a messaging function, it's just reeaally convoluted. If you click on your screen name on the top right corner of your screen, you'll get to your profile. On the right is a banner with Messaging on it. Click Messaging, and underneath your inbox is Create Message. You'll have to type in my exact name in order to do it.

And yeah, it sucks how much hate I get online occasionally (not out IRL yet). But I get two awesome role models in Crystal Frasier and her wife whose name I'm totally blanking on right now, who work at Paizo. And the dating scene is hell, too, :P

In the "miscellaneous oddities" box since times unbeknownst to humans.

6/7/2016 2:34:53 AM #5

LE GASP!!

Thank you for teaching me!!!

6/7/2016 3:27:55 AM #6

I suspect such individuals might choose to refrain from such announcements in order to avoid discrimination, which is still quite rampant in today's society.

In the end, there's no real reason to make such an announcement as transgenderism is quite different from homosexuality. Were one homosexual one might perhaps announce seeking said homosexual relationships and similar fraternity. However, were one transsexual then that individual would effectively be merely as any other player of the game. Just a boy, or a girl. There's no identification to be had and it is indeed the goal of such individuals to move away from such a state and into the opposing gender entirely, at which time such labels would be undesirable and open oneself to undue discrimination unnecessarily.

This scenario I have laid out for you is in fact why many whom complete their transitional journeys end up moving and cutting all ties with those they once knew - to get away from that label, and live as just an ordinary person like everyone else.

6/7/2016 3:40:59 AM #7

Hi Doomkitten! You sound like an awesome addition to Elyria! Im sure as the game expands, people will have more avenues for displaying their identities.

For now I suggest hopping on a discord chat channel and getting to know fellow elyrians that way. I believe most discord channels have a general chat you can post in without needing to first join that group. Ive already had a great experience with the guild I joined.

Good luck! #teamcatlovers

6/7/2016 3:48:35 AM #8

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, or why you're talking about trans people as if they aren't in this thread.

People find common interests and identities in communities like this all the time, it doesn't need to have anything to do with their in-game characters.

6/7/2016 3:55:55 AM #9

I agree Vanthie. Indeed, something I scribbled recently based on similar comments.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

6/7/2016 4:09:59 AM #10

Hey Doomkitten! Don't mind Tiffany. The majority of the forum is actually very welcoming and accepting.

Welcome to the forums! I'm a cis member of the queer community, and we're happy to have you!

6/7/2016 4:22:57 AM #11

Clearly you, and at least 4 others, have misinterpreted my message. I am simply explaining why OP may be having difficulty. The truth is, most likely do not want to be identified.

6/7/2016 1:38:41 PM #12

Transgender-fluid here, also a furry! Don't care about the dust farters and thumb suckers who think trans people shouldn't be able to shout that they're trans for the sake of finding others! I mean we're not vegan, at least not all of us. :P

6/7/2016 2:10:14 PM #13

First welcome to the community.

Second I am just a guy who likes girls and not really clued up on the various names people give themselves nowadays so can you clarify what trans lesbian means.

Trying to get my head around it and forgive me if I am wrong but does it mean you were a boy but are now a girl who likes girls?

Either way, not sure how it changes how you play the game but I am sure you will have lots of fun and make lots of friends...and enemies, while you are here.

6/7/2016 2:27:04 PM #14

Hey Tiffany, I think the reason people found your post to be negative is that is it made some broad assumptions.

"there's no real reason to make such an announcement as transgenderism is quite different from homosexuality." - You have to remember that people want to be represented and that's okay. "many whom complete their transitional journeys end up moving and cutting all ties with those they once knew" - Thats a little broad to say to a stranger, ya know? I believe that you intended to answer the OP's question, but it came across as "this is how the world works" and it felt off putting. All the best to you.

6/7/2016 2:34:55 PM #15

Welcome to Elyria, where we don't care if you're green or blue,a mage or vampire, a doomkitten or a direwolf, as long as you have fun playing and making friends, it's all good.