COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Kairos Bureau of Exploration

The Kairos Bureau of Exploration is a public service funded by the crown and dedicated to cartography and artifact recovery within the Kingdom of Kairos.

No matter where in Kairos you travel you’ll always find a crafting station near by, just ask the local lord or refer to your superiors if needed. Should game mechanics allow we will also be looking into mobile crafting stations.

Until the addition of ocean going vessels, cartography and artifact recovery will make up the KBE's two primary departments.

Should anyone have interest in oceanic cartography or artifact recovery we’d welcome you joining in another role temporarily until our navy is up, running, and ready for your transfer.

The department of cartography

We seek cartographers with a healthy interest in accurate mapping. Falsified information, poor naming practices, and treasure hoarding are unacceptable in all departments.

As a serious organization, failure to meet these basic expectations will not be tolerated. Doing so is classed as a breach of contract and results in removal from service.

KBE cartographers are expected to work in teams of two or three for most domestic mapping runs, that way all cartographers feel secure enough to focus on creating accurate maps. For this reason, non cartographers are still valued within this and other departments. Creating multiple copies of every map are an occupation standard, and they will be provided to local lords, the capital, and the KBE headquarters. Many will also be made available to the public. Our cartographers should expect to be kept busy with creating, copying, and updating maps throughout their years of service.

KBE cartographers will also be in charge of reporting any artifacts and treasure troves they encounter to the local lord for retrieval, along with providing documentation of significant finds and resources to the governing forces of Kairos.

The department of artifact recovery

While exploring and mapping Elyria cartographers will naturally discover certain artifacts along the way. The department of artifact retrieval shares many similarities with the department of cartography, though it is focused exclusively on finding and safely recovering artifacts for the kingdom.

This is a much more broad role and will need flexible people. Members of this department may be expected to work at gathering information, scouting leads, mapping routes, and leading allies to and from recovery sites.

It is crucial that artifact retrieval teams be comfortable working towards a goal out of sight, and boredom will surely accompany the bulk of time spent searching.

Here in the Kairos Bureau of Exploration, we live to serve.

Leadership

Headed by Lillica and influenced by all. Large scale changes to operations will be decided democratically and with input from the kingdom's sub-council and council as well as the individual members of each department.

We will be looking for heads of departments and regional coordinators for organisational purposes but will leave specifics of these roles flexible for he sake of matching what's necessitated by current membership count.

Our aim long term will be to have a head of cartography, head of artifact recovery, and head of naval exploration. Below this a coordinator for each duchy and possibly county should it be needed.

If the Kairos Bureau of Exploration sounds right for you or you would like to know more, consider joining our discord to inquire or apply.

DISCORD

Have a magnificent day!

7/16/2016 11:57:05 PM #1

Congratz! Beautiful post Lillica. Anyone considering Exploration or cartography should check out this guild. Lillica is very inspiring!

Good luck.

7/17/2016 8:39:41 AM #2

Awesome job Lil, glad to see it finally up. Kairos will be happy to welcome any new recruits from the KBE.

7/17/2016 8:43:29 PM #3

Thank you very much everyone B^)

7/18/2016 12:51:06 AM #4

Such a strong post, I wish you luck in gathering people of interest! I'm glad you have made an emphasis on falsifying maps, poor name practices and hoarding. :D

"What you see is temporal and what you don't see is eternal."

10/4/2016 9:41:17 AM #5

Can't wait to get started on our cartography missions. I hope to create a branch if not the HQ in my town close to the inn so free beer always available after a hard tour of exploring.

Baron David von Richfort

10/24/2016 2:41:57 AM #6

Looking forward to working with you in the exploration of Kairos and Elyria.

10/25/2016 12:37:11 AM #7

Ooo I dig it I would be very down to join

10/25/2016 12:53:05 AM #8

Fantastic, please hop into the discord so I can give you more details on what will be expected of you if you join, Gallows! You can also message me personally.

10/28/2016 1:49:33 PM #9

Excited to see you guys growing Lil. Cartographers of the Elyria unit (under the KBE)!!

12/4/2016 5:57:12 AM #10

Hmm, time to look into this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurarihyon#/media/File:Suuhi_Nurarihyon.jpg Master Merchant

12/4/2016 9:48:37 AM #11

Good luck to you!

Yu'tui of the agricultural town of Valaris.

12/9/2016 2:28:09 PM #12

The Kingdom of Kairos backed KBE is still looking for more willing adventurers and cartographers.

Keep growing the guild Lillica!

2/21/2017 12:26:12 AM #13

The KBE is just an amazing idea. I reached out to Lillica over the KBE discord and had tons of questions and my mind was put to ease on all of them.

This organization is very well planned and will be a great boon to have in Kairos. I am so glad that I get to be a part of it! Thanks for having me team!

5/22/2017 4:00:51 PM #14

We're glad to have you among us! The County of Gal'Ikar certainly hopes to have an office of yours within our settlements! :)