COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
They are being very coy on these stretch goals...

Do you suppose if we hit any more stretch goals they will quietly bring in the resources behind the scenes to make them happen?

1/6/2017 4:36:58 AM #1

Anything is possible. I think it's very wise, however, to only publicly commit to 'x' but if they can achieve 'y' in the process... happy days.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

1/6/2017 4:52:37 AM #2

I would have preferred the 2 million stretch goal (dig/bury visual senses) instead of the phoenix pet. But i understand why they spaced those goals apart. Totally different amount of work. I prefer that the mechanics they implements works though, instead of trying to overdo things.

1/6/2017 4:52:56 AM #3

They seem reasonable. 200k seems like enough to hire a new Programmer. And if a new programmer is hired those goals outlined seem like reasonable ones.

The only one I can see being problematic is Mounted combat unless they already have it planned just havent had the resources for an animator to work on the animations for it.

If that is the case then they all seem within reason to me.

1/6/2017 4:59:04 AM #4

If I recall, they goals that weren't "hit" will eventually be released after the launch.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

1/6/2017 5:02:34 AM #5

the devs have stated that 31st of december 2016 was the limit to reach the different stretch goal all the money collected after that will be used to complete the project with the stretch goals that were locked in on december 31st and the rest would be implemented after release

1/6/2017 5:30:39 AM #6

Hopefully, we'll reach the goals necessary to make the game successful:).

Sincerely, I'm quite hesitant to pledge 500-750. Simply, by the observations I've seen of the combat; it doesn't quiet appeal me. I understand it's pre alpha and hopefully I'll see more footage. Although, I like hole you can intetact with the environment.

1/6/2017 6:26:28 AM #7

The stretch goals up to and including the Pheonix pet are included at launch. The last 3:

• Get Another Programmer (Dig/Bury/Sensory Map)
  • Support for multiple platforms and VR
  • Hire an Animator (Mounted Combat)

...were not reached, and thus will be out AFTER launch at some point.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/6/2017 6:32:07 AM #8

it's sad to hear that as it was very close to the 'get another programmer (Dig/Bury/Sensory Map) section which has been a massive point from Caspian since his early interviews and was even a main point in one of his earlier design journals.. I imagine since it is so close and taking on another staff member will be extremely useful they still might hire the programmer and achieve this... with the steady rate the funds are still increasing I think it is fair to say they should hit 2mil in feb...

Besides i'm sure the staff are paid a salary as apposed to "the people want these features but I can't pay you the $200k we have been budgeting for you in a lump sum" =)

it is sitting at $1,943,833 currently..

Baron Aethelred Steel of Redtopium

1/6/2017 6:36:06 AM #9

We can look at Star Citizen as a way NOT to implement stretch goals - they keep adding stuff to the game and never releasing it.

I'd rather Soulbound stick to their present timeline - which means a delay on the rest of the stretch goals until after release. But I do hope to see sensory maps and mounted combat eventually! They'll add some good dimension.

1/6/2017 6:44:33 AM #10

Personally, I would love to see the Dig/Bury/Sensory goal implemented. They got more than halfway to that goal by Dec 31st, so it would be easy enough to continue until that one is built in, then switch totally to main game, but if it's going to delay the game itself too much... nah.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/6/2017 6:59:37 AM #11

Posted By Teland at 3:36 PM - Fri Jan 06 2017

We can look at Star Citizen as a way NOT to implement stretch goals - they keep adding stuff to the game and never releasing it.

I'd rather Soulbound stick to their present timeline - which means a delay on the rest of the stretch goals until after release. But I do hope to see sensory maps and mounted combat eventually! They'll add some good dimension.

All of this. I love the idea of Star Citizen, but they just keep adding more into it, and it always seems so far away from release at this point it barely matters. It'd be nice if they have other bonus mechanics, but I don't expect it at all.

-Lief Von Corvus

1/6/2017 7:12:23 AM #12

Just because we didn't hit the goal before Dec 31 doesn't mean that once the amounts are reach they won't still be hiring the staff... There wouldn't be any reason not to still hire them and have them work on the game itself now and the stretch goal later down the road.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

1/6/2017 7:32:25 AM #13

Posted By Joreel at 11:12 PM - Thu Jan 05 2017

Just because we didn't hit the goal before Dec 31 doesn't mean that once the amounts are reach they won't still be hiring the staff... There wouldn't be any reason not to still hire them and have them work on the game itself now and the stretch goal later down the road.

Absolutely. I know Jeromy hopes to hire on a handful of people this year to help speed up the delivery time. I'm sure working on the unreached stretch goals is on his radar, even though they may not make the first feature lock list.

1/6/2017 7:39:10 AM #14

Most likely not. They did state previously that they would only include stretch goals up until the end of the year in the initial release.

It's anyones guess what level they will implement those to. It may be that some of the more demanding ie tunneling they come up with a basic solution for and expand upon later.

We know they plan to continue development after release so there's every chance of seeing such features later on, but none of us want to constantly push back the release for an ever growing list of features and a moving target ;)

1/6/2017 12:32:02 PM #15

In my opinion, it is a good thing that they set a hard cutoff.

Otherwise you could continue to keep almost getting there and "re-stretching" over and over again as each new thing is "just" out of their grasp. I'm glad the focus is moving more to the actual "nuts and bolts" building phase. Better a quality "finished" product with slightly less features that can now get the investor level funding required to take this to actual production (where the actual sales will drive the additional features ) vs. a continually evolving wish list for an ideal game that never gets made. It is the time to start getting the return on the current investments already made.

It is a good bird so far. Amazingly so. Time to put it in the hand vs. going for more in the bush if we ever wish for it to fly anytime this next year. I applaud the team for making the hard call and sticking to it.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!