COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Chronicles of Anarchy

I'm sure everybody will agree with me there's going to be a giant Civil War at the beginning of this game and Anarchy in every Kingdom

not every Baron or Duke will be happy with the people there living under

even if you think this is not going to happen you should prepare for it anyway I'm already starting my plans to prepare for this shit

even people that haven't pledged if they have a large enough group they might want to build an army for taking territory it doesn't matter if you have armored Knights peasants with pitchforks and blunt objects hurt regardless

one to two weeks minimum before the shit starts to hit the fan

to the people are Kings and Queens find yourself a husband or wife as soon as possible even if it has to be an ALT character start making those children

1/17/2017 2:07:55 AM #1

Expo will not allow for battle until the second or third stage. SBS wants especially the first portion of Expo to be all about world building. Deviants can't do any deviant skills until 2nd stage, and then it's limited.

No one will be allowed Ko or CdG in the first stage, no Ko O in the second. So there's a margin of safety for the early backers.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/17/2017 4:06:45 AM #2

as LorenzW said you'll have time in expo where there are no wars and no deviant to build up your military once game launches every baron mayor count duke and king will have their standing force ready and taking them over will be quite difficult other than that I am pretty sure that most baron+ will be okay with whom they fall under cause well you made the choice to be under that person in land selection

now I'm not saying there won't be tensions but my advice to all those who wish to take over something is to go in a NPC place and make friends with your surrounding PC peers cause most PCs will be working towards replacing the NPC barons+ with PCs

I know I'll help surrounding NPC counties to mine to be taken over by a PC if there are any

1/17/2017 7:15:05 AM #3

LOL Chaos is fun as well :)

as they say no plan lasts past the first shot so not planing for somthing that could happen is silly.

also those of us orgnizng happy little kds will be the taken of evy of new players and u got to expect some will want to down the nail that stands highist...

if you know human nature u should know that :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/17/2017 7:24:30 AM #4

my prediction still stands that there will be massive food shortages in the first few months. famine, riots, civil unrest, baronys wont be able to get food because production infrastructure will be limited for them. i predict it will be chaos, npcs wont be able to support all the new players who want to adventure and fight. it will be amazing.

1/17/2017 7:31:08 AM #5

My main will be a count but I plan on provisioning for plenty of food. I'll have to see what my options are after selection though - my bro wants mountain / hill for iron and stone.

1/17/2017 7:38:02 AM #6

@OP mind to elaborate how you come to this conclusion?

1/17/2017 8:12:47 AM #7

Well if a king duke or count can't seem to maintain their territory then that's just a reflection of their bad leadership skills. Some places will be peaceful while other are falling apart, i don't think this will be any different then how things went in real life.

1/17/2017 11:31:09 AM #8

I honestly believe it to be different. I don't find it will be chaos since most people know where (or the general) direction they are going and are pledged to duchies/kingdoms. I feel like once we are passed the alpha that is when you are going to see the flood of new people coming in which is what will happen however as they have stated it's not so easy to CB somebody their are set rules on how to go about it.

1/17/2017 12:11:46 PM #9

I think that alot of people will try to revolt, but that not actually success it. Why? There are many reasons: First of all, the NPC's. If some evil player wants to revolt, the nobles will still have their NPC's as guardians und Army. Even the town NPCs will probaly fight versus them. Even if there are big player groups, the Kingdoms will probaly have bigger armies to deal with them. Secondly, the equipment. The Nobles will not only have bigger armies, no, they have the money to make Equipment. While a player group can get some weapons and mainly leather armors, a noble has the full access to a arsenal full of weapons and armors. Even if there are many players with leather armors, swords and shortbow: they will not stand long against a well equiped army with bows, good swords, spears, Chainmails,... Third, The walls. If there is a evil army befor your town, close the gates. They can Siege, but how long? They don't have much food to eat, other armies of the king will probaly come soon and they probally don't have a single siege weapons, while they get killed by alot of arrows. Last but dont least, the Lifetime. Every Death takes lifetime. Crimes also take lifetime if you get caughed. Trying to revolt is probally a serious crime which will punished hard.

1/17/2017 12:30:28 PM #10

Im not sure if anyone else agrees, but this sounds like a good time for me. Sadly I think people will be working on developing skills, working on cities and stockpiling resources, The main fighting wont start until people really get bored of farming(everything).

Sure there will be small scale ganking and such but the movement of large forces will take to much food and resources to be done to early in the game.

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

1/17/2017 12:38:57 PM #11

I personally do not agree. People are forgetting NPCs will be in the world when we start. They will be farmers and other roles we don't have enough people or skill to fill at the start. Do you really think the devs will design a system to just crash in the first months? That would be a major failing on their part.

I think we should wait until we have more concrete info on the system we're going to have before getting worked up about such dire predictions. Prepare mentally for the possibility, but don't assume it's a fact.

In my opinion. To each their own.

1/17/2017 1:59:20 PM #12

<takes of his clothes and jumps around the room waving his sword and torch>

BTMFD! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but seriously. I think a period of chaos not too long after full launch is a possibility that any wise ruler will prepare for. At this point nobody really knows. All we have is speculation, theory craft, and wishful thinking. Hell, we don't even know what features will make it to launch. It's early. But since we are all throwing out our predictions here are mine:

BTW, when I say "Full launch" I mean when regular gameplay for the general populace starts.

Wars: I would be really surprised to see a war on day one of full launch simply because of the the amount of planning and organization that would take. But I wouldn't discount the possibility because you can bet there is at least one group out there planning to try it as soon as they can (be it day one, week one, whatever). If it turns out to be your neighbor wouldn't you rather have a plan?

Random ganking: I predict a spike in activity as soon as it is possible to do it and then a tapering off as people decide if they enjoy it in this game, and then things settling down into islands of order and chaos.

I have no interest in being a ruler, but if I did I would have a plan for all possibilities including this one.

Also I tend to agree that the devs will have thought ahead about the food thing. Hopefully.

Posted By Spongehunter at 06:30 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Im not sure if anyone else agrees, but this sounds like a good time for me.

I agree. Some chaos is fun.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

1/17/2017 2:09:30 PM #13

That be doubtful. On any large scale within the kingdom. So you pick a random kingdom and then your first thought it to fight against them by yourself, even if you have a town over trying to work with them. Sure there maybe small groups that will try it. But remember everything in this game will take awhile. I would be very surprised if anything happened in expo. Besides maybe a few gankings going on.

Most people will be busy building up. Even the pvp groups around won't be out there causing trouble. Good luck to anyone that thinks they can cause damage, without the need to build up themselves.

1/19/2017 9:35:20 AM #14

As soon as it is possible, there will be griefing. There will be mishandling of power. There will be corruption, and there will be plain old incompetence.

They might be uncommon, or they might be widespread; I'm expecting quite a few early kingdom collapses/coups to occur. Each instance of improper handling/sabotage of a kingdom will bear with it lessons. Think of it as separating the diamonds from the dross. Every noble player that survives that initial chaos will have learned valuable lessons from the failures and misfortunes of their peers. They will be far better equipped to move forward than they would be without it.

And perhaps more importantly, for all the alliances, friendships and general agreements of convenience being made, the real power plays will begin once that period of anarchy begins. It'll be interesting to watch a kingdom or alliance - be they good or evil - roll through and swamp all the destabilised kingdoms on their continent because they're better organised... and then observe how the story develops from there. Elyria should get off to a rolling start... even - especially - if things go to shit in the first few months during/after exposition.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

1/19/2017 9:57:13 AM #15

I double it'll be this way. More than wanting to destroy something, people want to preserve what's theirs. I believe the majority of the community (at least right now) are here to build, preserve, and prosper- and if you think that some minor fraction of the people who come to just wreck havoc will be able to move those- I guess you will be disappointed :)

Not saying localized crime will not be around- but until people know exactly what's the risk/reward for their actions, I believe there will be quite a long journey as to stretch those boundaries and check them out.

Good luck ;)