COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
[Contest] Fashion Week!

Hey Elyrians! We've got another contest! This time around, we're going to challenge the artistically inclined of you. To celebrate the amount of leeway we're all hoping to get in the fashion department of Elyria, we're going to do a clothes design contest! We've heard all about the customization options that SBS is hoping to include in the game, so let's get a head start and see what sorts of ideas everyone is capable of thinking up.

This time around, the theme will be priests, monks, shamans, cult leaders, and oracles. The clothes that you would expect to find religious leaders in the community wearing. If we do fashion again, we'll do a different theme!

For those of you who are handy with pen and paper, that's great! Use whatever medium you're most comfortable with. Those who feel more at home with something more 3D, go for it. If you're a total newbie to the artistic life, and you just want to get into something new, I have a suggestion!

I made this in a little program called Marvelous Designer. You can grab yourself a 30 day trial and fiddle around with it to your heart's content. You can even drop by our Discord server and I can guide you towards some tutorials that I like, and give you a few tips. I haven't been using it long, but I've got a strong 3D background, and I don't mind helping out with technical things!

THE PRIZE:

A creative survival game where just about anything is possible! I love this game. It has a hell of a learning curve, but if you like space-minecraft, this is for you.

The Rules:

• One entry per person
  • Entries must be original ideas, no copypasting or taking ideas straight from a book
  • All entries may be used by the Children of Mann in future projects, where applicable
  • Please be respectful of other participants -- make this enjoyable for everyone, guys!
  • Winners will be decided by popular vote
  • All entries can be posted here in this thread
  • You are not required, but are certainly more than welcome, to become a follower of the Church of Mann in order to join this contest. We're going to be holding these once a month in order to have a bit of fun with the community. Followers have no obligation to the Children, but they're welcome to discuss ideas for contests and other things in our discord and on our forums, and just to become part of a good community that is here to support the people of Elyria.

I'm going to give you guys an extra week on this one! Contest ends on September 20th, 2016 at 11:59PM EST. Voting will go up the next day!

Have fun with this, guys!

8/30/2016 6:45:40 AM #1

Many thanks to the Children of Mann for organizing all these cool events. You guys are awesome! We're gonna have to do something on our end to keep up... but that'll probably come later, when the IP reward system has been implemented ;)

Best of luck to all contestants, and may the odds be ever in your favor~

8/30/2016 9:36:08 AM #2

^o^ Thanks for your kind words, Tori! We have fun organizing them. :D

8/31/2016 3:02:13 AM #3

Awesome idea, NiHZ! I can't wait to see the results.

8/31/2016 11:37:15 PM #4

Thanks Rheika. Hope we get lots of entries!

9/1/2016 4:29:29 PM #5

With the level of talent I have seen on the forums/discord I am sure you will get a ton of cool designs.

Good luck! This is a really neat idea!

9/2/2016 6:55:38 AM #6

I'm looking forward to it! c'mon guys! :D

9/2/2016 11:26:38 AM #7

Oh my god NiHZ I'm so hyped for this! :D! That marvelousDesigner you linked is AMAZING! I'll def try it out, but I think I'll first draw a concept before heading in there.

But it's cool for sure!

Also NiHZ by one entry, do you then mean only 1 design idea (clothing) Or is it one pr. character, as in 1 clothing for priests, one for sharmans, one for oracles etc.?

9/2/2016 8:28:48 PM #8

I already answered Liva in discord, but for anyone else who is wondering; One design! One entry. One set of clothes. It can come with props or jewellery or anything else, but only one design! If you have any different ideas for holy people that you'd like to design for, go for it! I'm certain I didn't cover them all. Get creative. ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

9/5/2016 4:14:01 AM #9

Bumping up! C'mon, lovelies, we all crave the community creativity that everyone is capable of. :3

9/5/2016 8:04:04 AM #10

I feel like a lot of the posts for this one are gonna happen last minute but I can't help but want to see some of them now!

9/6/2016 6:53:56 AM #11

I'm not entirely certain how to include images into forum posts... I've got my entry, but can't put it in. Any pointers?

9/6/2016 8:11:11 AM #12

Posted By TheRaven at 6:53 AM - Tue Sep 06 2016

I'm not entirely certain how to include images into forum posts... I've got my entry, but can't put it in. Any pointers?

Hi TheRaven! The Forum Markdown here has all the pointers for how to add links/images and format text.

9/7/2016 2:47:53 AM #13

Like Nimueh said! :D Just upload them to imgur or your favourite hosting site.

9/8/2016 2:10:33 AM #14

this is going to be a good contest, shame my talents lie elsewhere.

9/8/2016 5:27:40 AM #15

Let's start this off, shall we?

I attempted to simulate what the layering system in-game will be like. It's also meant to be unisex.