COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU-Cen] The Church of Arkadia

Welcome to The Church of Lyon

The main Cathedral, Paladium Luminis in Lyon

The Church of Lyon will be a multi-denominational church were people of different faith traditions can come together in peace to grow and develop in their relationships with one another and with the gods. We have religious positions within the church such as fighting monks, crusaders, healers, bards, astronomers, diplomats and ministers. The ideal will be to provide support services and community to all peoples in Elyria.

The following special Cleric positions are available:

Diplomat: The life of a Diplomat is not an easy one but does come with many advantages. A diplomat may be asked to live in the embassy of a far away kingdom. They could be far away from the ones they love and in an entirely different culture. Traveling may be difficult as the open roads can be dangerous. Diplomats will command the power of the realm and in their hands will rest the fate of Kings and Kingdoms.

Fighting Monk: The Fighting Monks are men and women who were originally given by their parents as children to be raised by the monks. In modern times the order takes worthy men and women of any age who are focused and disciplined. They are a specially trained group of fighters who can survive in the wilds with minimal assistance. They train their bodies to be like hardened steel. Monks specialize in a unique combat style developed by the First High Priest, Rojax. By the end of their training they will be masters of martial arts combat and survival. They may work in small special units behind enemy lines where they have learned to survive in the harshest conditions. Or they may wander the world and come to their nobles aid when required.

Crusader: Crusading orders of Clerics who fight in the name of their gods. Crusaders generally specialize in large scale PvP battles utilizing heavy arms and armors. They are a force to be reckoned with on the field of battle. Some hail from noble families but many come from long lineages of fighters. They have studied the art and strategy of meeting large opposing armies in battle as well as siege warfare. Often they build churches or shrines to their gods and protect sacred relics from falling into the wrong hands.

Crusaders of Virtori

The Myrmidon Order

Healer: The Healers have honed their skills through many hours of toil in the great towers and hospitals of the land. Their course work includes but is not limited to: the anatomy and physiology of Mann, use of herbs and tonics in the healing of chronic medical conditions, removal of limbs and other emergency war surgeries, establishment and defense of a field medical tent, establishment and maintenance of large army encampments and supply line management. Some of them will be attached to army units while others will oversee hospitals.

Health Department

Minister of Mann: A Minister of Mann is primarily concerned with the emotional and spiritual well being of Mann. They are learned in the old texts and legends of Mann. They offer teaching to the people and spiritual encouragement. They are responsible for the building and maintenance of Churches and Shrines to our gods. They may travel the land spreading the blessings of our gods or minister to one village for a lifetime. Others will oversee our orphanages and provide social services. They will conduct rituals and ceremonies for the people, including weddings and initiation rights.

Bard: The Bards of the Church are a versatile and interesting group. Many spend years studying the composition and music theory. They have mastered multiple instruments including the use of voice. They compose the hymns and songs of praise to our gods as well as recount the deeds of the people. Therefore, they are also the natural historians and scribes of the land when they are not performing. They are also privy to the many rumors heard across the land and some become great investigators. During times of war they inspire the Army with songs of valor. Some will preside over our universities and teaching institutions.

Astrologer: The Astrologers are perhaps the most secretive of all the branches of The Church of Arkadia. Little is known about from where their knowledge has come but it is most certainly from the ancients. They are masters in divining the will of gods from the stars. They have detailed records of the various alignments of the sun, moons and planets. Using this knowledge they can peer into the future predicting natural calamities and times of good fortune. They instruct the royal houses on the most fortuitous time for war or when to plant their crops. Often, they become the closest counselors of noble houses. It is rumored that some are knowledgeable about the magic of the ancients. Most believe these to be children’s fairy tales and nothing more.

Duchy of Lyon is home to the Hight Priest

10/7/2016 7:26:05 AM #1

Nice post Rojax!

I wanted to create a religious order since the beginning, but now i will follow yours and encourage it in my lands!

Join Now!

10/7/2016 10:37:05 AM #2

Very Nice Rojax, we shall see you institution thrive and become the greatest of all.

10/7/2016 12:32:40 PM #3

Nice one. Clearly exposed.

10/7/2016 1:37:25 PM #4

So what do you then actually believe in?

"This religion will be the most noble and pure faith in all of Elyria. It will be the shining example of the highest values of Mann."

• Why is this religion the most noble and pure faith in all of Elyria? and what is the highest values of Mann? is this the Virtori religion or?

"It is hoped that many Citizens of Arkadia will choose to follow our common faith and pray to our God" "* They are learned in the old texts and legends of Mann. They offer teaching to the people and spiritual encouragement. They are responsible for the building and maintenance of Churches and Shrines to our God. They may travel the land spreading the blessings of our God or minister"

• So there's only 1 god? is this a new religion, as the other religions are Polytheism and this one seems to be Monotheism. Who is this god?
  • What does these churches and shrines function as? a hub for followers? is it this one gods axis-mundi (holy place)?
  • What does the old texts and legends of Mann say? is this the holy texts of this religion? and how will this bring people spiritual encouragement, is there any reason people would need this?
  • What blessings does your God give? and what does your minister give? (that the Minister of Mann spreads)

"Little is known about from where their knowledge (Astrologer) has come but it is most certainly from the ancients. They are masters in divining the will of God from the stars."

• So how is the ancients tied into this religion?

"Fighting Monk: The Fighting Monks of Arkadia are men and women who are taken from their parents as children. They are forced to eat only one meager meal per day and live off of only two hours of sleep. Their bodies are like hardened steel. They have renounced their bodily needs and have taken the vow of celibacy. They are masters of attacking in small special units behind enemy lines where they have learned to survive in the harshest conditions."

• Monk (female counterpart Nun) is defined by a person living monastical (as in a monestary following some rules.) Do these then also live in monasteries or is this just a name? and is these rules about only 1 meal and 2 hours of sleep part of this religion? And how is this supposed to give them a body hardened like steel?
  • Renouncing bodily needs and taking vow of Celibacy, is this something that's special to your religion? or is this the religion Virtori taken a step further?
  • How have these monks and nuns been trained to survive in the harshest of conditions? Does not giving them food and sleep do that to them?
  • What age are they taken away from their families?

There's still a couple important questions like:

• Is this a doomsday religion? a circular religion?

• How does this religion view people?

• Is it a rule religion? and if so, what rules does it force people to adhere to?

• Is it tied into any of the two known religions (Qindred and Virtori)

• How is this the purest/noblest of religions?

I could go on, but I feel like this is at least a good start.

10/7/2016 2:29:16 PM #5

Dear Fairy Queen,

I do love fairies and I hope you are yours are safe where ever you are! Thank you for the detailed analysis of the post with the many insightful questions. I promise that I will get to them all as this post evolves.

What I can say right now is that the post is primarily a role play post. Almost nothing is known about the different gods and goddesses. We have not chosen a god or a goddess for this Church as we are waiting for more to be revealed. What we do know is that Soulbound has as a stretch goal for Religious Statues and it looks like we will make it. This makes me think that religion will play a role in the CoE story.

Also, the Church serves a practical matter to organize some of our social services. We will treat our orphans well and provide social services to the poor.

For those that are interested in fighting arts... one of the orders will have a unique fighting style known only to the Chimera.

Stay tuned for more details as the world evolves and takes shape.

10/7/2016 4:59:38 PM #6

All praise the new church of Arkadia!

10/7/2016 6:26:33 PM #7

nice work there man :)

E14775

10/8/2016 12:41:34 PM #8

Nicely reworked, with the pictures and all :)

10/9/2016 7:16:14 PM #9

Kaira the Fighting Monk

The stars were bright that night, slightly illuminating the brothers and sisters of the fighting monk order as they rested. Kaira's armor, as dark as night, did not reflect the twinkling light of the stars. Sheathed in her scabbards were her double katana swords. She was on guard duty and her team was deep behind enemy lines on a mission for the King. The air was bitter and cold but her hardened body barely noticed. To pass the time, she practiced her fighting forms. She had been instructed in this form for as long as she could remember. Slowly and silently she moved through the form. Stepping out to the side, gathering energy into waves of hidden power, she projected it outwards. Slipping from side to side she was completely aligned with the heavens above and the earth below.

10/11/2016 11:06:10 AM #10

Nice little piece of background for the fighting monks.

10/18/2016 6:14:07 PM #11

Because the church is sacred it's not appropriate not to speak of it.

10/19/2016 12:57:30 PM #12

Wow, sounds like an amazing project Rojax. I'm sure you've got the skills to lead the kingdom's Church of Arkadia to new heights never-seen-before!

10/19/2016 2:17:20 PM #13

Thanks Darmky. I wanted to let the community know that we have a new Master Healer. He will be taking over as lead physician in Arkadia. He has an extensive background in playing support classes, role playing and leadership. We are super glad to have him on board. Come by the discord channel to meet him!

10/19/2016 2:25:27 PM #14

Thank you so much it is a pleasure to be invited into the fold, I hope to soon put my talent hands in good use and start healing all those broken bones and bloody bodies!

10/20/2016 1:56:27 PM #15

The name that can be named is not the eternal name.