COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Marrying a Player

I was honestly just now wondering if it were possible to marry another player in the game? If not, why?

10/27/2016 5:54:32 PM #1

Yep, it's definitely possible to marry other players! Heck, for a while there, they were thinking of making it impossible to marry anyone EXCEPT players!

There's also some special stuff you can do if two players marry, such as binding your souls so your characters share spirit loss penalties, enabling them to share risks and die close in time so you can start pairing up the next lives sooner.

10/27/2016 6:25:05 PM #2

Posted By Sharayah at 10/27/2016 5:54:32 PM

Yep, it's definitely possible to marry other players! Heck, for a while there, they were thinking of making it impossible to marry anyone EXCEPT players!

There's also some special stuff you can do if two players marry, such as binding your souls so your characters share spirit loss penalties, enabling them to share risks and die close in time so you can start pairing up the next lives sooner.

actually it's the opposite. We were allowed to marry ONLY PCs, but now we can marry NPCs too.

10/27/2016 7:30:59 PM #3

Posted By BAAM19 at 1:25 PM - Thu Oct 27 2016

Posted By Sharayah at 10/27/2016 5:54:32 PM

actually it's the opposite. We were allowed to marry ONLY PCs, but now we can marry NPCs too.

That is what he said?

10/27/2016 8:27:32 PM #4

The confusion above aside marrying a player (or NPC if you have enough story points and favor with them) is an easy non-combat way to earn a title as well.

Some players (like me) are looking for someone to marry into their family so they can pass their title on to so they can do something else in their next life.

10/27/2016 10:47:52 PM #5

It is also a good way to protect assets if you don't have an heir of age you wish to play. Since you and your spouse share property, when you die, they get your stuff. Of course, if you two die around the same time, you might still lose your stuff, but it gives you some wiggle room at least.

11/24/2016 12:47:56 AM #6

If you marry a count/baron/duke/major you become the female counterpart and rule with them. You don't get the forum titles and items that come with the pack.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

11/25/2016 8:44:10 AM #7

I wonder, how many people will dedicate their build to charming NPC nobles?

Alt text

11/25/2016 9:39:06 PM #8

Posted By Grayshade at 6:47 PM - Wed Nov 23 2016

If you marry a count/baron/duke/major you become the female counterpart and rule with them. You don't get the forum titles and items that come with the pack.

Only if they grant you any power in the marriage contract.

12/1/2016 5:04:32 AM #9

You may never get the forum titles and stuff, but you can definitely obtain titles that are heritable. Otherwise the game will only ever have a few hundred nobles at most... and that simply can't be.

2/28/2017 7:47:02 PM #10

Posted By CalligoMiles at 09:44 AM - Fri Nov 25 2016

I wonder, how many people will dedicate their build to charming NPC nobles?

I like that idea... it got some..possibilities... for gaining power..