COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
The County of House Evendusk

The Grand County of House Evendusk

Grand Count Cathorian Evendusk

NA-E Server

Duke Cyneric Torrin of Cremoria

The Kingdom of Kairos

The House of Evendusk was once a proud County, with it's people happy and future secured. On the field of war, Evendusk banner's flew upon the battlefield with distinction, inspiring commoners and nobles alike, and paving the way for a golden era. But the Counts of old grew aged and became fat, resting on the laurels of past accomplishments. No longer did they strive for greatness. The House became disconnected from their people, eating and revelling instead of leading and defending. And through them, their armies grew undisciplined and lazy. Complacency became every day life. Victory on the battlefield became a thing of legend, stories that veterans would tell the green recruits to give them hope. Stories were all that gave people a reprieve from what life had decayed to. And bit by bit, their land was devoured by rivals and savages until at last their walls were torn down around them and the once green gardens were trampled into the mud.

But as the last Count of Evendusk struggled within his keep, the folly of their ways became evident, so he sent his only son and heir to the countryside with a few loyal men. From there the son would observe the downfall of their great house, but also preserve it. And there in the wilderness he rediscovered what his ancestors had lost. No longer did servants prepare a fire and feast for him, instead he was forced to cut down the trees and hunt for food himself. There was no place for excess, no warm halls to return to when life become uncomfortable. He explored the land that his family once ruled and became disgusted with what they had let themselves become and vowed never to be soft again.

Cathorian Evendusk, first of his name to be ejected from his home, crushed the soft parts of his heart and a brutal practicality took over. And so he raided what he needed and left bodies in his wake. Ideals such as honor, integrity, and chivalry became dead to him. He needed food and materials for shelter, and those who didn't join him were as much an enemy as those who took up sword against him. His small band of men became skilled with the bow and travelling light and fast on horses. These bandits had no home, but they took what they needed from travelling caravans and plump merchants.

But this was no way to live, like savages scraping a living day to day with no thoughts of the future. And so Cathorian imposed discipline into his men, and started turning them into a professional retinue instead of a thieving band. Their prospects opened up and they starting looking for most honest work. In their search for a future, they found the Iron Duke. The Iron Duke of the Cremoria, Cyneric Torrin, was building a new kind of power, recruiting all people of quality. He described a mercenary-state that was being established in the frozen wastelands, to sell their abilities to the highest bidder and eventually bow to no one ever again. The hostile environment of biting cold spoke to Cathorian, for it was a land where the weak did not last long and whittled down those who portrayed themselves as strong but couldn't stand up to the test. He agreed to join the Cremoria and work so that all would fear the name of the Dread Legion.

What is Evendusk?

The Grand County of Evendusk's main effort is to be the shield and sword of the Dread Legion, the mercenary arm of the Duchy of Cremoria that is headed by the Evendusk house. The plan of action is to develop the people and tools which will empower the Dread Legion to be the weight that tips the scales in both small and large scale conflicts. And we will actively seek out contracts by travelling abroad and offering our services in any potential conflict areas. One day we will be fighting with you, and then the next, against you – How well do you trust your neighbors? We will be the tool of the ambitious, all while spreading the name of the Dread Legion.

How Will We Operate?

The House of Evendusk will rely heavily on skilled lower leadership, decentralizing power amongst our Barons, Mayors, and proven leaders so that they can develop their forces to be a trained force that can work alone. Not all fights will require our full force, so leaders need to be comfortable with commanding their units on their own. At the same time, there needs to be a close relationship between Barons and Mayors to further the community goals. Individual initiative is highly valued – it only takes one soldier to burn his enemies supply stores to spell doom for an entire army. Barons and Mayors will receive the full support of House Evendusk and their contacts, ensuring that a steady supply line of resources and equipment to ensure positive growth both on the homefront and abroad.

That said, I want to emphasize every role will be important in this county, no one profession will be valued over the other. Cooks, tailors, blacksmiths, loggers, architects, scribes, etc. Individual ability is what we need from you. Based on your personal goals and desires for your game play, I will match you with a Baron/Mayor that reflects your focus to give you the support you’ll need to succeed. In return, Barons and Mayors are expected to support their citizens to promote growth and prosperity.

The Dread Legion

The Dread Legion is the official military branch of the Grand County which will blanket each Baron’s individual forces as well as be the name that our forces will be recruited under for mercenary contracts. The role of the Barons of Evendusk will be to build and maintain a military force and to be able to provide their equipment and supplies. Patrols of their local area, security contracts, and adventuring should be used as training methods to get the troops used to working together. A call to action from myself should not be the first time they move as a unit. Barons will be supplied via local resources within the Grand County or supplies will be imported to Frosholme, the county capital, and distributed from there.

Military hierarchy will be determined when the game is closer to launch. At this point in time I believe it is useless and ultimately a hindrance to make a dozen rank levels, creating unnecessary bureaucratic levels that will hamper communication when actual combat is upon us. I will not appoint leaders until their ability has been proven so as not to have ranks filled with incompetent commanders - being a Baron doesn’t guarantee leadership in combat. My philosophy will be to have the chain of command as short as possible while maintaining effective levels of leadership. Ideally there will be no more than one to two people between myself and the ground troops, depending on the size of our element.

The Dread Legion is actively recruiting Barons, military oriented crafters, and any and all roles for open-world PvP (scouts, archers, mounted and foot soldiers). The Grand County of Evendusk currently has three PvP oriented Barons, each with their own focus, and is looking for more. Contact either myself via PM or reach us at any of the communication links at the bottom of the thread.

Frosholme, the County Capital

The capital of the Grand County of Evendusk will be Frosholme, a city with an economic import/export business focus. Frosholme will seek to fill the gap that is created when towns and strongholds focus on crafting, breeding, and growing. That gap is finding buyers outside of their local area, getting things from where they’re made to where it will make the most profit. Utilizing the community the Dread Legion has already built, Frosholme will leverage those contacts to kickstart its business and expand from there with trading posts in other cities that have access to higher quality crafted goods and raw materials. Being the Capital of the Grand County, Frosholme will be supported by the entire industry of the county, protected by Evendusk’s numerous Barons and fueled by local resources.

Frosholme is currently recruiting anyone who wishes to have an economic presence in the game. This includes all types of crafters from woodworkers to smiths to map makers. Beyond that, we’d like to have breeders and farmers to feed the Grand County and sell surplus produce abroad.

In order to make an economic center, Mayors that plan on focusing in economic areas such as crafting and harvesting, roles that produce a product to sell are encouraged to join the county, because if you can’t sell it within the Grand County, we’ll find a buyer outside of it for you. Prosperity for all.

Port Town of Squall's End

Squall's End will be all in purposes, a port town. The idea is to facilitate the transfer of goods and coin from one town to the next. Mayor Nicoli envisions multiple transport companies/guilds would use the city as staging area for their goods before their sent out to various locations. In that respect, we will also house dedicated storage areas for the Dread Legion for future distribution to varying cities. Should ships be implemented further down the line, Mayor Nicoli believes a harbor will be built to facilitate marine transport of goods as well as troops should the need arise. So anyone wishing to start up a transport guild or simply want to setup your own personal base of operations and travel the kingdom and abroad, you'll always have a home here.

Point of Contact: Mayor Nicoli

The Last Wardens

We are the first unit of mercenaries for the Dread Legion, whose primary trade is in PvP. We are of no moral alignment, nor are we random murderers. Our main objective is to both be the leading source of income for the Dread Legion as well as to be the primary military force during wartime. Before making this post I have already locked down roughly twenty units to be part of my squad. As a Baron, I'll be leading the groups first set of PvP'ers during big skirmishes since I intend to always be on the border or frontlines. The group size will range from 30-40 depending on how game mechanics work. The hierarchy will happen naturally as I select who are playing the most and who I feel are capable of leading.

What i'm looking for are competent fights. Folks with decent twitch reaction, common sense, and the willingness to learn different ways to fight as new exploits are revealed. We don't know how the game mechanics work as of yet, but with the hints of combat being similar to Dark Souls and other twitch based games, I'm looking for fighters who are competitive.

Point of Contact: Baron Jouten

The Fortress Phalanx

Here you'll find a haven for Bounty Hunters. Those courageous and diligent few that patrol the Duchy of Cremoria, hunting the unwanted criminials of the Kingdom. Known as Geists, most of them might live their daily lives on a someone 'lone wolf' basis. Even hearing of the possibility of crossing paths with a singular Geist of The Phalanx should be enough to strike despair into the mind of anyone with a price on their head. Ideally I'd like to run with like-minded individuals interested in taking contracts to hunt criminals and underirables. To be blunt, we're the police of the land. To be fantastical, we're pretty much Witchers. What do these things mean? PvP for one. I'll be needing my men and women training in combat fairly regularly; But I'll also be needing professional folk such as blacksmiths, cooks, and perhaps even some political individuals. To be completely clear: We do not kill innocent people or creatures. We hunt wanted people and troublesome beasts/monster. Think of yourself as a medieval Boba Fett.

Point of Contact: Baron Soulbrandt

The Grand County of Evendusk will be located in the Duchy of Cremoria, which is located within the Kingdom of Kairos. The plan is to settle in a taiga or tundra biome. I can only plan so far ahead without a map, but ideally the county will be on the border on the Duchy, in the direction of the next foreign population center to be both a bulwark for the Cremoria and to facilitate moving mercenaries and other goods. The primary terrain feature I’m looking for is to either be on the coast, or at least have a river running through the county. Mountains would also be nice to serve as a natural barrier that Barons and Mayors can utilize in their urban planning.

Anyone that needs more info or just wants to talk can either message me on the forum or join the Cremoria and Evendusk discords.

Auxiliary Links

Cremoria's CoE page

Cremoria's Discord, primary contact location

Evendusk's Discord

Cremoria's website

Artist

12/3/2016 11:31:07 PM #1

Updated Pledged list and graphics.

12/4/2016 9:52:25 AM #2

Good luck to you!

Yu'tui of the agricultural town of Valaris.

12/7/2016 3:36:57 AM #3

Updated to show Grand County status (pledged a secondary account as count to be merged into my primary).

Wishes he could update the thread title

12/11/2016 9:47:59 PM #4

Updated to welcome Mayor Nicoli to Evendusk! Also added more detail to the county military and a section on the county capital.

12/12/2016 10:49:24 PM #5

Added recruited Baron's/Mayor's settlement summary to post.

3/5/2017 5:58:49 PM #6

Updated to reflect that the Grand County of Evendusk is no longer a part of Vornair.