COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
[BH] County of Kalevasuo
+10

County of Kalevasuo

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Swamp-Slums-440138330

Scientia et Tenebrae – “Science and Darkness”, the County motto

Introduction

Down a long, winding almost-road next to a marshy stream, past the low banks tended for eelgrass and other fodder, lies the town of Copseholm, the baron’s seat of the County of Kalevasuo, the Swamp of Giants. Stilt dwellings cluster around the central square, and a few tree houses hang from the mossy cypress trunks. Kypiq are tolerated here more than in some towns of Blackheart, and several families have immigrated here to join the burgeoning tinker industry. The town is known best for its alchemy guild, however, which researches inks and dyes for the great mercantile cities of Blackheart and for trade abroad. No less important, but less discussed, is its role in outfitting and researching for the Bloodswords, the duchy military.

In keeping with Dras tradition, the Gardner has set aside a grove near the center of Copseholm for the open airing and discussion of ideas; many of the most controversial come from next door, at the Athenaeum of Curiosities. This strange building, large for the swamps, conceals displays of ancient, terrible beasts, as well as natural wonders and archeological finds. There are whispers, though, of much more behind that jet-black façade.

Natural resources are scarce near Copseholm- the tall trees are too useful to cut down, and the barony’s defenses require more untended land that might otherwise be turned to agriculture. The further-flung towns are situated near harvest grounds for alchemical reagents as well as bog iron and swamp gas, and funnel their riches towards the crafting halls of Copseholm. There is a rich trade in goods brought in from outlying villages, and traffic from other kingdoms as well. Copseholm is home to many To'resk and Dras, along with Neran, Kypiq, and members of The Waerd who are sometimes noticed in Copseholm.

Demographics

To'resk and Dras majority, with minor numbers of Neran and Kypiq, and miscellaneous half breeds and other tribes of Mann (desired outcome of domain selection, subject to change)

Organizations

Vital Details

• Server: NA-West
  • Kingdom: Blackheart
  • Duchy: Drakeolm
  • Languages: English
  • Focus: PvE/PvP, RP, Military, Adventure, Alchemy, Economy, Trade
  • County Seat: Copseholm
  • Biome(s): Freshwater Swamp, Wetlands, Swamp Transition
  • Alignment: Lawful Neutral
  • Discord Channel: Kalevasuo
  • Point of Contact: Count huntsmaster (discord huntsmaster#4254)
  • Recruitment Status: Open

Joining the County

All citizens of Blackheart, sworn to Queen Rowena, are welcome to join the County. You can get in touch via post or PM here or on the Blackheart Discord, Drakeolm discord, or Kalevasuo discord.

2/5/2018 7:03:58 AM #1
+0

I read your post. Well done. It feels very dras and very BH. The things you wish to do are doable within the realm and very useful at the same time.

2/5/2018 4:54:44 PM #2
+0

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mags!

2/9/2018 10:41:01 AM #3
+0

I love it!

2/14/2018 12:20:55 AM #4
+0

Regards from your Tyrian neighbors tips fedora

Kingdom of Tyria Dutchy of Aquitania Count of Mournstead

4/6/2019 5:54:47 AM #5
+0

Wonderful post Hunts!

4/9/2019 1:36:59 AM #6
+0

It will be a pleasure to work with you Hunts!

4/9/2019 8:09:10 PM #7
+0

Great post! excited to see what you do in game

[]!<a href=" />

4/11/2019 3:51:30 PM #8
+0

Drakeolm's greatest engineers

4/14/2019 1:14:02 AM #9
+0

I honestly hope for that alchemy guilds success. Looking forward to see where Kalevasuo will settle soon!

4/23/2019 9:34:57 PM #10
+0

Your machines, our various mounts.
Perfect combination!
Looking forward to working with you!

4/27/2019 2:37:01 AM #11
+0

Posted By DoctorFaust at 6:14 PM - Sat Apr 13 2019

I honestly hope for that alchemy guilds success. Looking forward to see where Kalevasuo will settle soon!

Well, that makes two of us! ;-)

4/27/2019 3:29:20 AM #12
+0

Hunts, I'm a bit envious of the guys that get to settle in your lands. It's going to be nothing but success. Solid leadership, and what you seem to be aiming for stands to be incredibly important as far as research goes.

5/5/2019 5:40:00 PM #13
+1

I have had the pleasure of working with Huntsmaster for quite awhile now. The man is a genius. He is a subject matter expert on smithing but brings great expertise to the table on many subjects. Not many counts out there more capable than he.

5/5/2019 6:09:49 PM #14
+0

Your post looks very good, very detailed and thought out. I look forward to working with Huntsmaster in the future.

5/12/2019 5:27:42 AM #15
+0

Posted By Maghetti at 10:40 AM - Sun May 05 2019

I have had the pleasure of working with Huntsmaster for quite awhile now. The man is a genius. He is a subject matter expert on smithing but brings great expertise to the table on many subjects. Not many counts out there more capable than he.

That’s incredibly complimentary, Maghetti. Thank you. I hope I can live up to it!