COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Official Discord Update - April 17, 2018

Hello everyone!

As development of Chronicles of Elyria progresses so too do the platforms available to the community. Elyrians have always been a social bunch and the desire to connect extends beyond simply chatting in channels to the creation of organizations, domains, and more. The #community-notice-board has served well in providing Elyrians a medium to put their groups out there but a desire has also emerged to create events for the community to participate in which transcend simple recruitment. Going forward the #community-notice-board will be split into two channels under the Announcements category,

#recruitment-board

The location for advertising player organizations, guilds, governments, domains, and more. Please follow these guidelines when posting to the #recruitment-board, thank you!

If you have specific questions feel free to PM a moderator,

1. Maximum of 1 Discord post per group coming out to a 2,000 character limit (per Discord’s limit on the maximum characters in one message). Posts should be for a specific group, not a general message.
  2. Explain the group, region, and intent of the recruitment effort. Include a link to the preferred method of communication - website, forum thread, Discord server, etc. A maximum of one link per type can be included.
  3. One graphic can be included for showing off colors, logo, brand, etc. but please keep the size at or under 800 x 600 pixels.
  4. Posts for the same organization can be made a maximum of one every seven (7) days. Deletion of a prior post does not reset the seven (7) days and can result in moderation action being taken.
  5. Do not post a Discord invite link if it has already been posted in the last 7 days by anyone, be sure to coordinate with your organization members on when links are posted.
  6. Events and general announcements go in #community-events.
  7. Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in your post being removed with or without notice. Be safe and not sorry!

Note: If you are including a Discord invite link it is suggested to set it to never expire otherwise your post will lose its purpose over time.

#community-events

The location for advertising time sensitive events aimed at the general Elyrian population. Please follow these guidelines when posting #community-events, thank you! If you have specific questions feel free to PM a moderator,

1. Maximum of 1 Discord post per event coming out to a 2,000 character limit (per Discord’s limit on the maximum characters in one message).
  2. Optional to include one graphic at or under 800 x 600 pixels in size.
  3. Optional to include one Discord invite link.
  4. Include one CoE event/announcement forum thread URL.
  5. Your post may include one external social media link but only if it is specifically dealing with Chronicles of Elyria.
  6. Posts for the same event can be made a maximum of one every seven (7) days. Deletion of a prior post does not reset the seven (7) days and can result in moderation action being taken.
  7. Recruitment posts should go in #recruitment-board.
  8. Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in your post being removed with or without notice. Be safe and not sorry!

Additionally the #welcome channel has been updated with information on these channels going forward.

Lastly, the #free-kingdom-campaign channel is being deprecated.

Thank you for your support of these channels and their guidelines! Please reply to this thread if you have any questions!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

4/17/2018 10:53:32 PM #1

Coolio!

4/17/2018 11:12:14 PM #2

I love how active you guys are with the community, keep up the good work!

4/17/2018 11:18:34 PM #3

These seem like some small adjustments but I like them and I believe we will really notice the difference as the community continues to grow.

4/17/2018 11:56:53 PM #4

Deprecated? - express disapproval of. -another term for depreciate

Depreciate -diminish in value over a period of time. -disparage or belittle (something).

I'm confused about this terms usage? What do you mean?

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

4/18/2018 12:07:37 AM #5

Posted By Xerr at 4:56 PM - Tue Apr 17 2018

Deprecated? - express disapproval of. -another term for depreciate

Depreciate -diminish in value over a period of time. -disparage or belittle (something).

I'm confused about this terms usage? What do you mean?

In the industry, we tend to use "deprecate" to mean "no longer used" or "not needed" and usually do so when we're signaling that whatever has been deprecated will soon no longer exist.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
4/18/2018 12:21:33 AM #6

Awesome, it does! Sounds like Esthetics for us dental peoples. The word pretty much only exists to the dental community lol Basically Aesthetics just for teeth lol.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

4/18/2018 12:34:02 AM #7

Good changes, and will help highlight community events and streams that otherwise get lost in the recruitment spam.

Probably worth considering breaking down the recruitment at least into Orgs (of all flavors) vs polities (of all flavors). Some people know what they want to do, but not where they want to live. Some know where they want to live, but not what they want to do. In all cases, that spam channel is full of spam and hard to find the signal through all the noise.

4/18/2018 1:06:21 AM #8

Or break them up according to server at very least and see if that's enough to reduce the crowding.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

4/18/2018 1:16:39 AM #9

Thank you! This is a wonderful idea and I'm glad it was implimented (:

I disagree with the server seperation. As people will not go to all of them, but they will see all of them in the one channel. Keeps it fair and equal and simple without promoting one server over the other.

4/18/2018 1:25:09 AM #10

Tada! Thanks Serpentius!

4/18/2018 4:02:07 AM #11

Loving the action to split the recruitment and the event channels, that's what I've done elsewhere :)

4/18/2018 4:05:52 AM #12

Posted By Xerr at 9:06 PM - Tue Apr 17 2018

Or break them up according to server at very least and see if that's enough to reduce the crowding.

I find that agreeable, as one of the reasons I rarely checked the notice board was because of the endless flood.

4/18/2018 4:24:08 AM #13

Posted By Polite at 6:25 PM - Tue Apr 17 2018

Tada! Thanks Serpentius!

Thank you for helping to craft the announcement <3

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

4/18/2018 4:35:01 AM #14

Looks great! For someone who spends all my CoE time on discord, I appreciate the efforts put into sorting it all out for us. Thanks guys!