COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Layaway Payoff Extended!

Hail fair Elyrians!

To help celebrate our 2nd Kickstarterversary, and after polling our users and getting feedback, we've decided to extend the ability to pay off your layaway until May31st, 2018. That's one extra month!

Note: New layaways will no longer be available after April 30th, so the ability to begin a new one still goes away at the end of this month.

Extending this deadline seemed like the right thing to do. We hope this extension benefits those of you who were seeking a little more time to ensure you secured the pledge package you originally desired.

If you have any questions, please reply to this post.
For more complex needs, please email us at [email protected]

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

4/23/2018 6:08:31 PM #1

as long as theres no delays cos of it >.>

Count of Latium

4/23/2018 6:09:34 PM #2

hmmm

4/23/2018 6:10:52 PM #3

Hurray now I know I'll have it paid off. Much thanks

4/23/2018 6:11:03 PM #4

lol, I'm guessing the map selection will probably be the day after the new end of layaway....after all, it's going to be very hard to have a map selection if people who would have a certain amount of votes due to a package won't have those until a couple days after map selection.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

4/23/2018 6:12:17 PM #5

waITing for VOXELYRIA

4/23/2018 6:13:05 PM #6

I am sorry to say that this is a bit of slap in the face for some people I know who cancelled their Count pledge layaway, because they didn't think they could have it paid off by April 30th. If they had known about this extra month earlier they might have not cancelled their layaway. As we say in Dutch: mosterd na de maaltijd (too little too late).

4/23/2018 6:35:08 PM #7

Good news but I hope we don't have delays on Other stuff

4/23/2018 6:48:37 PM #8

Posted By Wolffje at 1:13 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

I am sorry to say that this is a bit of slap in the face for some people I know who cancelled their Count pledge layaway, because they didn't think they could have it paid off by April 30th. If they had known about this extra month earlier they might have not cancelled their layaway. As we say in Dutch: mosterd na de maaltijd (too little too late).

Well, you can't please everyone, or solve all problems, nobody forced them to prematurely end their layaway as it would have been done automatically when the deadline hit anyway.

On the other hand if you announce a deadline it's best to announce any changes as far in advance as you can.

4/23/2018 6:51:18 PM #9

Posted By Dekul at 8:48 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

Posted By Wolffje at 1:13 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

Well, you can't please everyone, or solve all problems, nobody forced them to prematurely end their layaway as it would have been done automatically when the deadline hit anyway.

On the other hand if you announce a deadline it's best to announce any changes as far in advance as you can.

This is just 7 days before the deadline. I would not even remotely call that far in advance. It is more like at a last moment's notice. Most people probably have already paid it off or cancelled it.

4/23/2018 7:02:42 PM #10

cancelling a layaway means they still have the store credit. They can still use that store credit to put down another layaway. NBD

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

4/23/2018 7:04:51 PM #11

We appreciate your concern Wolffje, but this extension was made based on feedback we received from players we polled that had a layaway.

• This will not affect the development schedule.
  • We didn't plan this a long time ago.

I hope that helps to answer your questions.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

4/23/2018 7:08:30 PM #12

Posted By Ranulf at 12:02 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

cancelling a layaway means they still have the store credit. They can still use that store credit to put down another layaway. NBD

As Wolffje was saying, if people cancelled their Count or even Duke pledges (I only just paid my Duke pledge less than a week ago), they cannot apply that store credit into another Duchy or County pledge. They're screwed and have to purchase a Mayor or Baron title so SBS did screw over anyone who cancelled their pledge prior to this last minute announcement.

It is also their fault for cancelling the pledge early. They could have kept it until the original April 30 date. But this is still a major injustice to many backers.

4/23/2018 7:17:15 PM #13

some free stuff inc next week mb? wink-wink

4/23/2018 9:04:00 PM #14

Posted By Levi999 at 2:08 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

Posted By Ranulf at 12:02 PM - Mon Apr 23 2018

As Wolffje was saying, if people cancelled their Count or even Duke pledges (I only just paid my Duke pledge less than a week ago), they cannot apply that store credit into another Duchy or County pledge. They're screwed and have to purchase a Mayor or Baron title so SBS did screw over anyone who cancelled their pledge prior to this last minute announcement.

It is also their fault for cancelling the pledge early. They could have kept it until the original April 30 date. But this is still a major injustice to many backers.

pfffft.

So, if someone came into a windfall before April 30th but had already canceled their layaway, would that too be an injustice? The game is not coming out anytime soon, there is no need to rush to cancel layaways before the due date. It is unfortunate, but it is not the fault of the developers that some folks already canceled.

That being said, I can understand why some folks may have canceled the layaway and converted to a lower pledge. Sometimes you just want to get all your ducks in a row rather than wait until later. But those kinds of decisions have risks, and this time the negative consequences of acting early outweigh the benefits, for some people.

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

4/23/2018 9:33:29 PM #15

Yeah I've got to say. Those that cancelled are totally at fault on their own. The mayor etc packages werent going away so there's no reason not to just to allow it to convert naturally to store credit if they weren't going to make it.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99