COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
An open letter to the Blackheart leadership

I make this post anonymously. I was a largely faceless member in the eyes of you Dukes and Duchesses, Barons and Baronesses, Mayors. And Queen.

As many of you may have heard, Blackheart has had a large exodus of members as of late. This was in large part due to decisions made at the top and the doubt expressed by those opinions. I am not here before you today to discuss those events. Today I am here to express my concerns and feelings over decisions made by the Blackheart leadership AFTER the exodus. Many left without comment. Many left with sadness in their heart. They had looked forward to joining others in this new world of excitement and adventure with the many creative minds that exist within the kingdom. Friendships had been made. I felt that same sadness when I left. I looked forward to interacting with so many people with the same drive for roleplay and exploration. The same spirit of adventure.
That sadness didn’t last. When I rejoined with those who had left, I found those same people I had looked forward to spending time with. I found those, who like me, were ready to pledge their loyalty and their adventuring spirit to that Black Queen and those who surround her. I found those wily, carefree characters who wished only to share in intrigue and discovery. I was relieved that that same spirit hadn’t been crushed or ground out of them. But that feeling didn’t last, either. When I heard of the poisonous, seditious decisions the Darkholms had made since my exit, I only felt anger. Anger that these people would abuse their position and influence in an attempt to spoil the game for those who had been some of their most active and loyal. Anger that they would go so far as to THREATEN OTHERS if they were to deal with us. I hope that those kingdoms they have lied to and threatened see their true nature. I hope that those who have allied or are thinking of allying with them take that nature into consideration. But moreover, I hope that ALL OF YOU know this. The people that left, they bear no ill will towards those that stayed. We bare no ill will towards those that are wary of us. We bare no ill will towards those who cannot do anything against the aforementioned threats. We just wanted to have fun and eventually play and experience Chronicles of Elyria. None of your threats, none of your sedition, and none of your malice will keep us from doing that.

I do not speak on behalf of those that left. I post this of my own free will and without review of any of those appointed above me. These are thoughts and feelings that I wished to express.

10/24/2018 11:02:05 PM #1

I, Dazzerix Dawnbreaker. The Jarl of Kappaland. The Lord of Castle Swolefenstein. And the patron of The Swole Patrol. Do approve of this message. It is shocking that there's so much anger directed at us.

10/24/2018 11:07:46 PM #2

Lovely bit of propaganda we have here.

10/24/2018 11:14:57 PM #3

Honestly, this is tiresome in the extreme, why is it that fingers are pointed at this kingdom so often for being tyrannical and hate filled. We allow open discussion, infact we encourage it. I've been here since close to our great kingdoms inception, and all I've seen from every level and every person here is a willingness to get along and strive towards a future we can all live in as great citizens of the Kingdom of Blackheart. Which is why when i see these lies, that they accuse our leaders of stamping out our peoples dreams and sense of adventure, I become absolutely livid. I may not be a active speaker within our kingdom, most of you may not even know my name, but I have been watching, and this is one of the most caring, kind, and cooperative communities at every level of administration. How many of you can say you have been in a group where you can honestly speak to the leader, and get a response? This kind of propaganda is not only rage-inducing for me, but it is a complete fiction, and it is honestly pathetic and disgusting.

10/24/2018 11:15:13 PM #4

Where's the proof? Hiding behind an alt?

Yes can I get the salt for 2 please?

10/24/2018 11:23:19 PM #5

Dear random person,

It was sad when people left. Time was spent in mourning. We have moved on. You should too.

10/24/2018 11:31:04 PM #6

Duke of Ravencrest here.

First of all, This wasn't from any of us of the upper leadership. It's anonymous as it says at the top. In fact, I didn't even know about it until someone told our Duchy about it.

"I do not speak on behalf of those that left. I post this of my own free will and without review of any of those appointed above me. These are thoughts and feelings that I wished to express."

As above stated, I had no part in it. But those who are of Ravencrest may speak their minds as they see fit. I will not silence or censor my own people for speaking their minds

Evidence was provided to many of us, showing the actions that were taken by Blackheart. The multiple posts shown after we left. The toxicity, the growing disdain for us even though Blackheart supposedly practiced the virtue of allowing people to come and go as they see fit for what they best believed. We received word from various Kingdom representatives of BH representatives talking extremely poorly, even Idly threatening them.

"How many of you can say you have been in a group where you can honestly speak to the leader, and get a response?"

This unfortunately only shows how little you know your upper leadership. I am very much glad to hear if it has changed, but I was there for over two years, and is one of the primary reasons I left with Ravencrest.

And to you, Tarvald. I am glad you are doing well, I have never wished ill upon Blackheart. But yes, we have done the same. Ravencrest has risen against such adversity, such maltreatment even though there was an opportunity for Blackheart to express that virtue they so willingly advertise.

We moved on, and gladly so. Stronger than ever before, we've shown that many who feel full of injustice or wrongfully treated can rise together and give hope and purpose to one another. We're here to enjoy the game together, to enjoy eachother's company. I have never seen such purpose to a rally cry before and I can only say: I am proud to be their Duke. Proud that they will speak their mind.

Lastly,

There is plenty of evidence for these claims. It shows truly how little communication is given on that side of the fence. However, I suppose that's why we left. I only wish well upon those in Blackheart. But again, my Ravens will not be silenced. By me, or anyone else.

-Duke Lief Von Corvus

-Lief Von Corvus

10/24/2018 11:43:42 PM #7

I speak only for my self but as a current member of Blackheart I have no ill will for any one that left. In fact I mist most who have, and I wish it hadn't come to pass.

However, I think people are hurt on both sides as is proof from your posts, and If I've learned anything from life its that people act out and sometimes say things they wouldn't otherwise have when they are hurt.

Just remember one nation's freedom fighter is another's terrorist. There's always two sides to the coin, and two sides to this story.

10/24/2018 11:44:10 PM #8

Yea mr leafy, yall were discussed after yall left.

Some were not favorable towards yall and others wanted to wish you the best. Allowing people to Express both their positive and negative opinions about things is the way of open discussion.

That is the truth of it, nothing more or less.

10/24/2018 11:56:01 PM #9

You talk like this is anything new. Just look what happened when NAW kingdoms tried to all group together, in an neutral discord, to openly talk about map voting. How quickly that went south.

10/25/2018 12:12:31 AM #10

Now that you have presented your opinions, I welcome you to present your evidence. Let us see the screenshots of these threats. I know that our leadership, especially Rowena, would be appalled to hear of an individual that has been levying threats towards our Blood. Let us also see these "lies" you speak of that have apparently been spread to other kingdoms under our name, so that we can see if it was merely someone's words being exaggerated or taken out of context...

... or, perhaps, is it a "lie" because it is that same difference in opinion that sparked a years-long conflict between some of our Blood and some of your Ravens that culminated in your voluntary departure?

I have not experienced nor witnessed anything close to a threat being levied towards us for simply associating with the members of Ravencrest (if such a thing is happening, they have forgotten to threaten me, as I still consider many of you my friends). While it is true that many of us were left feeling shocked, angry, and blindsided after the duchy of Ravencrest made the abrupt decision to pull out of Blackheart without speaking to our Queen, I had hoped we could exist with at least a modicum of respect for one another and wait until the game actually launched before declaring any wars against each other.

But rather than take your bait and respond with anger at these baseless attacks against our Blood, instead I would rather focus on the positive that has come from this: the display of unity, love, and strength in community that Blackheart has shown as we move on from this sad chapter in our kingdom's history and laugh at these attempts to destabilize us with anonymous slander. Our actions speak far louder than your words.

Sincerely, one of those "poisonous, seditious" Darkholms.

10/25/2018 12:17:58 AM #11

Well this is...vague.

10/25/2018 12:22:24 AM #12

This message is not to the anonymous writer, but to Duke Leaf of Ravencrest.

I lost my brother, Gustavus and his family who I dearly love. I would never speak badly about them. Even if Gus is painted as the villain in our story, he is still my friend that was hurting and made a choice for his family. I may not have agreed with his choice, but that was not for me to decide. This was his choice. A choice that meant making a decision far more meaningful than this game.

As for you, I do not know your reasons for leaving as I am completely neutral and not involved in royal politics. I was even unaware that you had an issue with us. I am a Black Knight, Commander of my Queen's contingent and I am here to see that we remain a strong Kingdom. We lost so much in the last two days, including one our strongest allies in you. This I expressed to Rowena. It wounds us, yet it makes us stronger. Always know that. Always know that for every opposition that comes our way, be it Blood betrayal or outsider treachery, we will overcome it and remain strong. Always know that. And never forget who we are. I respect your choice to leave as well. And I personally think it was distasteful whoever wrote this letter to speak ill of us, for we never wish any ill on you or them. May you find success in your journey, mate. In Tenebris Nos

Sincerely,

Serverus Ecru-Darkholm

10/25/2018 1:30:40 AM #13

You know... as an outsider looking in, I know this is technically none of my business but y'all are airing your dirty laundry in public. So I'll add my hat to the ring on this post.

First off, looking at things from OP's perspective and in their place (as anyone with a good deal of empathy should do), had what OP claims occurred happened to me or my group, I know I would be increasingly hurt. And I would want to get my feelings out in the open, so those feelings could be dealt with. And if those threats indeed happened, I would want to come forward anonymously too to avoid retribution. Such things are the reason why in the real world, employees can place complaints with HR and Corporate offices anonymously so managers and supervisors can't punish those who came forward.

But a lot of you are calling this slander, lies, nonsense, etc without actually waiting for proof of these claims. You claim you're not angry, but your post comes off as attempted intimidation Serverus. Especially in your last paragraph. Which I find suspect. All of you jumping down OP's throat, no wonder they went anonymous to post their feelings. Your patriotism is admirable, but don't let it blind you from looking at things objectively.

I will say though, OP, you do have burden of proof. I sympathize with what you went through should it be true, but had what you claim occurred really happened, someone should have brought screenshots of those threats forward to the proper authorities. Assuming those threats didn't come from the very top.

Someone wishing to vocalize their hurt feelings isn't someone trying to sew dissent. Innocent until proven guilty, or does Blackheart not believe in due process?

All this being said, I hope some of you will stop shying away from open discourse with those who felt wronged by BH, instead of flapping gums with needlessly poisonous words. When someone vents their feelings like this, they are reaching out and doing so in a way to avoid further problems and stress from those responsible for those hurt feelings. Which is understandable and normal. And the only way to reach an understanding is to reach back.

10/25/2018 1:55:43 AM #14

All I will say is that you are making an awful lot of assumptions based off of simply seeing one person's opinion. What is it you were trying to say about due process?

10/25/2018 2:02:25 AM #15

Posted By Kestrea at 9:30 PM - Wed Oct 24 2018

You know... as an outsider looking in, I know this is technically none of my business but y'all are airing your dirty laundry in public. So I'll add my hat to the ring on this post.

First off, looking at things from OP's perspective and in their place (as anyone with a good deal of empathy should do), had what OP claims occurred happened to me or my group, I know I would be increasingly hurt. And I would want to get my feelings out in the open, so those feelings could be dealt with. And if those threats indeed happened, I would want to come forward anonymously too to avoid retribution. Such things are the reason why in the real world, employees can place complaints with HR and Corporate offices anonymously so managers and supervisors can't punish those who came forward.

But a lot of you are calling this slander, lies, nonsense, etc without actually waiting for proof of these claims. You claim you're not angry, but your post comes off as attempted intimidation Serverus. Especially in your last paragraph. Which I find suspect. All of you jumping down OP's throat, no wonder they went anonymous to post their feelings. Your patriotism is admirable, but don't let it blind you from looking at things objectively.

I will say though, OP, you do have burden of proof. I sympathize with what you went through should it be true, but had what you claim occurred really happened, someone should have brought screenshots of those threats forward to the proper authorities. Assuming those threats didn't come from the very top.

Someone wishing to vocalize their hurt feelings isn't someone trying to sew dissent. Innocent until proven guilty, or does Blackheart not believe in due process?

All this being said, I hope some of you will stop shying away from open discourse with those who felt wronged by BH, instead of flapping gums with needlessly poisonous words. When someone vents their feelings like this, they are reaching out and doing so in a way to avoid further problems and stress from those responsible for those hurt feelings. Which is understandable and normal. And the only way to reach an understanding is to reach back.

What is it called when someone says things to make someone look bad in a public place without proof of it? I'm pretty sure thats the very definition of slander. Should we wait patiently whilst he drags our nations name through the mud?