COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
The Last Oasis - Job Vacancies (Event)

Intro

Have you ever thought about running a tavern, being a barkeep, entertainer, or perhaps a cook who wishes to be well known? This post is to announce an event to fill the many needed roles at The Last Oasis on NA-West (Angelica).

Here’s what the tavern consists of… Located in the northeastern duchy of the Semi-Arid Desert, near the border with the Mixed Leaf Forest, The Last Oasis offers the following amenities:

• 2 common rooms, each with a 20-mann seating capacity, its own bar counter, a hearth, and stools, tables, and benches for 20
  • A stage for performances in the main common room
  • A large kitchen with access to both common rooms, containing its own oven and hearth
  • A fully stocked ale and wine cellar in the basement with 8 large ale kegs, 4 mead kegs, and 30 bottles of agave spirits
  • 6 Private rooms on the second floor for use as inn rooms, meetings rooms, or offices as you see fit
  • A private residence bedroom and office on the first floor, accessible via the kitchen, for the owner
  • A small attached stable able to house 4 horses The Last Oasis will be featured in stories, novels, and other events both now and in the future, as Elyria's ten-year story unfolds.

Note: This is a rare and limited item: Only one legendary tavern deed for The Last Oasis will be sold for each server, and only one per person!

Positions I’d like to fill

Administrator (1+) : Handles finances, schedules work shifts, entertainment, and collaborates with me in regards to ongoing operations.

Barkeeps (2+) : Makes a Drink list, helps coordinate contacts for a large alcohol selection

Cooks (2+) : What would the menu look like, what would you serve?

Servers (2+) : Down to make tips? Good at keeping people happy?

Entertainers (Unknown) : Describe how you’d entertain, type, group, how often?

Security (Unknown) : Have you ever wanted to protect a group of patrons?

Suppliers : People who wish to bring the needed resources to maintain operational capacity to the location.

Rules of the event

Write a reply describing what a day in the position would be like to you, and why you feel you’d be perfect for the job. I really want to give everyone an opportunity to take part in this rare, and well-known business. Entries will be judged based on viability, and the depth of thought put into it. I will be awarding prizes to those who put the most effort in, despite being provided employment or not.

Requirement

Applicants must be willing to relocate to general area of tavern. If you have any questions feel free to ask here, or send me a PM!

12/4/2018 2:15:45 PM #1

Is there any chance you are also taking applications for bar flies?

I can do a really good "Cliff Clavin" character if you need one.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

12/4/2018 4:36:30 PM #2

Bar fly isn't an intended job, but your continued patronage would be greatly appreciated. Visit enough and everyone will come to know which seat is yours :)

12/6/2018 8:52:01 PM #3

Love this. I can't fill a position but I will definitely be a patron!

12/7/2018 12:58:17 AM #4

Either way, thank you for taking the time to read it! Hope you have an awesome day, and should you ever stop by the establishment throw me a message :)

12/15/2018 3:50:17 AM #5

I wake up at the crack of noon. Eat a breakfast of fried otterbear bacon, and mystery eggs (note to self, figure out what that nest belongs to). Then I throw a light but tightly linked chain mail shirt on, and pull a baggy tunic over it. Bolt resistant clothing is a must in the oasis. I throw a skin of mead, laced with trison tranquilizers, into my pack, toss it over my shoulder, and head to work.

The Oasis is a beauty to behold. At all hours of the day, scantily clad females from every tribe can be found dancing in front of the entrance, each vying for the coveted position atop the mailbox. Warriors duel for glory, bragging rights, and the occasional guild invite, in the worn paths that wind to and from the tavern. New arrivals to the realm frequently meet their friends here, as it is an established landmark, somewhat safe from brigands. And of course, those merchants that lack the funding (or are prevented by law) to open a proper store front, shout out their sales to those that pass. Ah, my home away from home.

I glide though the entrance, with a nod at the brudvir bouncer. Not usually one for conversation, but on a good night, he freely distributes the wealth found on those that try to start an impromptu fight club. Just a moon ago, he gave one of the serving wenches matching earrings, made of gold incisors.

Ignoring those initial jeers as I clamber on stage, I toss my bag to the ground near my stool, and take a seat. I then open my bag, remove the dummy within, sit him on my lap, and start the show. For the next several hours, I start religious arguments with Aren the dummy, and we insult various patrons that gain our attention. I play the straight man, while Aren drunkenly slurs pickup lines to a redheaded lass that might not be a lass. The crowd loves it, and throws coins, the occasional gem, and the far too frequent dagger up at the stage.

When the show finally comes to an end, I carry Aren down to the bar, toss him on a stool, and order a couple of drinks. Eventually Aren sits up, asks where we are, and grabs a handful of nuts from the bar.

I tell him to never mind where we are, pour him a mug of mead from the skin I brought, and point him towards the redheaded "dame" he was hitting on earlier.

I spend the rest of the night enjoying the free drinks sent over by members of the audience, and make sure that Aren safely finds his way into my pack to pass out, after the redhead brings him back. I'd feel kinda bad if anything (else) happened to him. He's a nice enough chap. Besides, it's hard to find a good replacement kypiq in this region.

Vandals took my land.

12/19/2018 3:34:59 AM #6

Posted By kajoreh at 08:15 AM - Tue Dec 04 2018

Is there any chance you are also taking applications for bar flies?

I can do a really good "Cliff Clavin" character if you need one.

Oh that's awesome, I call Norm! hehe

12/19/2018 10:30:32 AM #7

I obviously love Vandiir and want to visit frequently.

You can count on me endeavoring to be a supplier for whenever I drop in town.

Heck, I hear the Immortal Vault is great during the Longest Night, so you can expect me sending over convoys to serve the interests of adventurers coming through.

12/21/2018 4:48:42 PM #8

I'll be visiting as often as possible!

12/25/2018 6:38:29 PM #9

I hope to visit your tavern some day maybe you'll get to host the Scedecim! Collect enough nice features to your duky/capital and I'll bet it won't be hard for you to host it at least once.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

12/27/2018 7:34:30 PM #10

Glad to see the tavern in the hands of someone unsettled, likely makes ti a lot less stressful, the fact that it was set to a specific point seamed odd to me.

(less I miss-understood the taverns details)

Hope you make the best of it.

All the apples belong to me

12/27/2018 8:49:49 PM #11

Why would it be stressful if it was tied to a Duchy that is part of a Kingdom? You think it will be the only one?