COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
The Kingdom of Diminishing Returns

Now begins my diminishing popularity. Men of great intellect stay true to their thoughts, not their fame. And so begins my most damning assessment.

The Kingdom of Tryggr surprised Selene by picking Kingdom 3 instead of Kingdom 4. Seen by some as a traitorous move and others as a brave move, Demalion were the only people’s who saw it as a hostile move, blocking Vaizers ambition to reign an empire.

Maximal Output Increases The Chance of Survival

Tryggr have now found themselves in a very precarious position. If Arkadia feel a need to conquer the independent Duchy’s and install a leader loyal to Arkadia, Tryggr would prefer to support those Duchy’s in their fight against Arkadia, whether directly or indirectly. On the other hand, power hungry Demalions in the north will want to expand into Kypiq lands, acquiring resources which they don’t have access to without trade, thus increasing their trade and economic power. The same can be said for the Neran forest.

In the worst case scenario, Tryggr will find themselves fighting on 2 land fronts and 2 coastal fronts. Being in a constant state of war requires high production efficiency, a strong economy and high manpower. Demalion have the potential to nearly double Tryggrs output while Arkadia could supersede Demalions output due to a more diverse range of resources and higher population.

Even if Tryggr were able to attract the most amount of warriors as they fight in all 4 warzones, being in a perpetual state of war leads to attrition and given the above facts, Tryggr will be the first to suffer from attritional losses.

Little Room For Mistakes

Like with Arkadias leadership, Tryggr leadership have some degree of naivety. For instance, they believe Kypiq lands are going to be difficult to conquer due to ironwood trees and Kypiq ingenuity. Though not as severe as Arkadia, this level of naivety within the leadership can impact other areas of the kingdom, causing concern that the kingdom will be at a disadvantage due to naive thinking.

Despite this drawback, they do have advantages in their thinking over their adversary’s. While Arkadia and Demalion look to fight on the front foot, Tryggr are looking at the fight from purely a defensive standpoint. This shows maturity as our primitive instincts has us planning to conquer rather than planning to be conquered.

A Long Term Decline

Whether Demalion is the only aggressor or Tryggr face two aggressors, one thing is for certain. Tryggr will not have the same opportunities to colonise overseas during wartime as their neighbours due to their maximum output capacity compared with Demalion and Arkadia. So as their neighbours grow in strength from overseas colonisation, Tryggr will find they are losing status as a regional power and will look to instigate friction between Arkadia and Demalion colony’s.

There are 3 ways in which Tryggr can prevent their decline:

1. Invest in an organisation that helps stay in contact with and support those who seek independence from Demalion and Arkadia

2. Persuade Al Khezam and Demalion that Arkadia will become the continental superpower if they can control an area as resource rich and populated as Nirath

3. Offer Al Khezam a large sum of money for a defensive alliance or offer to be their vassal so as to spread the attacks and reduce pressure on output

The most preferable option is to help Demalion descend into civil war sooner rather than later. Tryggrs odds of losing territory are as good as Demalions odds of a civil war. Whichever happens first will determine Tryggrs future.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

12/31/2019 12:24:39 AM #1

I love the "great intellect" bit ... I.D., is that your ego I see?

12/31/2019 8:15:27 AM #2

Still want to see what he says about Alk.

Reading the comments is a good time though.

Coming Soon(tm)

12/31/2019 9:16:27 AM #3

All I want is the Kypiq silk and the Iron wood. I have no intention to take it by force and destroy a promising trade relation. I am sure the most of Demalion think like that. All that Kypiq hate is just a few youngsters trying to kill time until the paper game stops and the real thing starts.

Civil war is not in our nature.

12/31/2019 9:51:13 AM #4

It's like reading a design journal about how the rumor system will work. The OP is the gossip NPC crazy cat lady next door.

Good luck ;)

12/31/2019 10:07:31 AM #5

lmao, the King, Royal, and Privy councils were discussing the previous posts and we're wondering if you'd include a lot of the gossip or rumors that were spread about Tryggr, I'm happy to see that little to no rumors have made it in this post really.

I disagree with one or two things, and a few others I could debate with you. Though in truth this is a very unbiased overview of our situation.

I will say however we don't believe having the ironwoods makes it impenetrable, but it does grant an advantage, which is more than nothing. Also one reason our king was not a kypiq king ... which he wanted to be, However doing so would have left him open to being cut off from the rest of the Kingdom. Which I would hope everyone sees the issue with that.

KS Backer #44

12/31/2019 12:00:33 PM #6

We're doomed, we're all doomed! Quick lets start collecting money to give to Al-Khezam!

Please keep writing, it's been giving me a good few giggles, if nothing else.

12/31/2019 12:15:11 PM #7

I may not be the brightest chip in the block, but what has "diminishing returns" to do with this?

Maybe the OP likes fancy words?

12/31/2019 3:16:35 PM #8

Set strawman up.

Knock strawman down.

Victory.

12/31/2019 4:12:30 PM #9

Yet another package-less account with an overdramatic thread to start up. What else is new.

12/31/2019 9:55:28 PM #10

Posted By Xenocrates at 11:12 AM - Tue Dec 31 2019

Yet another package-less account with an overdramatic thread to start up. What else is new.

He's actually doing it correctly, never let the enemy see in advance who is really coming after them.....could be their best friend for all they don't know.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

12/31/2019 11:53:40 PM #11

Posted By Kyleran at 3:55 PM - Tue Dec 31 2019

He's actually doing it correctly, never let the enemy see in advance who is really coming after them.....could be their best friend for all they don't know.

If by "doing it correctly" you mean using an anonymous account, then I guess the most correct way is to be a covert creeper who shouts from the cheap seats. Too bad nobody cares for the opinions of hidden ninja wannabes.

1/1/2020 12:54:04 AM #12

Nobody cares about this analysis. You are free to write what you want obviously but seriously this is bad. Your assumption are totally wrong.Do you think people are silly? We spent thousands of dollars, build big community for let all going down the way you are writing? Please don't make me laugh, no more of this nonsense!

1/1/2020 1:53:10 AM #13

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 12:54 AM - Wed Jan 01 2020

Nobody cares about this analysis. You are free to write what you want obviously but seriously this is bad. Your assumption are totally wrong.Do you think people are silly? We spent thousands of dollars, build big community for let all going down the way you are writing? Please don't make me laugh, no more of this nonsense!

You care enough to post about it though lol :D

1/1/2020 2:27:12 AM #14

Posted By Xenocrates at 6:53 PM - Tue Dec 31 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 3:55 PM - Tue Dec 31 2019

If by "doing it correctly" you mean using an anonymous account, then I guess the most correct way is to be a covert creeper who shouts from the cheap seats. Too bad nobody cares for the opinions of hidden ninja wannabes.

Lulz...you are a fun one.

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/1/2020 8:52:42 AM #15

woaw ... so many new story and adventure !!!!